Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old November 29 2011, 05:35 AM   #316
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Eckauskas wrote: View Post
Also, if someone wants to help me defeat the Undine in the Bomari System, that'd be spiffing
If I am online at the same time as you, sure...
When do you play?

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
I have not been keeping up with this due to family and work things and wanted to know how this F2P thing will work. Can someone explain it?
Basically they open up the game for everyone to play without paying a subscription fee.
All you have to do is download the client, create an account and play.
Free players are called "Silvers" and subscribing payers (monthly sub or lifetimers) are gold "Golds".
Silvers have some restrictions that't shouldn't affect their gameplay much (inventory/bank space, character slots, ship slots, bridge officer slots and a lower energy credits (the most common ingame currency)).
YOu can unlock most of these things with alá carte microtransactions.
SO check it out.
Does that mean I loose my present character?
Old November 29 2011, 11:55 AM   #317
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

No. If you have more than two characters, the additional characters count as characterslots that you already unlocked.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 04:16 PM   #318
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Also, if someone wants to help me defeat the Undine in the Bomari System, that'd be spiffing
When do you play?

I have not been keeping up with this due to family and work things and wanted to know how this F2P thing will work. Can someone explain it?
Basically they open up the game for everyone to play without paying a subscription fee.
All you have to do is download the client, create an account and play.
Free players are called "Silvers" and subscribing payers (monthly sub or lifetimers) are gold "Golds".
Silvers have some restrictions that't shouldn't affect their gameplay much (inventory/bank space, character slots, ship slots, bridge officer slots and a lower energy credits (the most common ingame currency)).
YOu can unlock most of these things with alá carte microtransactions.
SO check it out.
Does that mean I loose my present character?
Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
No. If you have more than two characters, the additional characters count as characterslots that you already unlocked.
i think the biggest thing you will have to worry about is that I believe you will have to convert a character made while you are a gold to silver status if you're playing for free.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 08:09 PM   #319
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

When do you play?
I'm usually on during the (UK) hours of 3pm, til about 6. Then I'll pop on around 9ish for a bit before bed.
I`m in the game now, send me a message in game anytime...

Thafool@Timelord_Victorious
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 09:17 PM   #320
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Just a quick warning, we have a ready made delta fly schematic in our fleet bank. anyone who has not yet crafted the flyer should contact me or Trek, because there won't definitely not be enough time anymore to do the 10 day daily to get the schematic on your own before they take the option to craft it out of the game entirely.
I'd hate to see the schematic go to waste.
there is one more Delta Flyer that needs to see the light of day.
Old November 30 2011, 12:04 AM   #321
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Pre-patching has now been enabled to prepare for moving the Tribble build to Holodeck, so it really does seem to be coming within the December 1st to 8th timeframe. After logging out of the game, your launcher will automatically restart and begin the pre-patching process.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 01:47 AM   #322
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Pre-patching has now been enabled to prepare for moving the Tribble build to Holodeck, so it really does seem to be coming within the December 1st to 8th timeframe. After logging out of the game, your launcher will automatically restart and begin the pre-patching process.
Thanks for the heds up I went and crafted an aegis set before the crafting changes hit.
Old November 30 2011, 06:19 PM   #323
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Thanks for the heds up I went and crafted an aegis set before the crafting changes hit.
Will the Aegis set still be craftable after the changes? I'm aware of the changes to the crafting process (now requires dilithium), but want to know if I should craft the set tonight for my toons that don't have them, or if I will still be able to craft it later on.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 06:47 PM   #324
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Bird of Prey wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Will the Aegis set still be craftable after the changes? I'm aware of the changes to the crafting process (now requires dilithium), but want to know if I should craft the set tonight for my toons that don't have them, or if I will still be able to craft it later on.
You will still be able to craft the set after the change it will just cost dilithium, I just wanted to do it while I had mats and didn't have to pay the dilithium cost, since the high end stuff can get kind of pricy.

Personally, I think if you have the mats you should craft them before the tribble changes go live, since it will save you some dilithium grinding.
Old November 30 2011, 06:49 PM   #325
Rocketeer
Captain

Can the Delta Flyer be crafted by someone that owns one already? It wouldn't let me the last time I tried (which was a few months ago).

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 06:52 PM   #326
Rocketeer
Captain

Tribble is still buggy as hell. Wish they would get it fixed before pushing the code to Holodeck.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 07:31 PM   #327
Scout101
Admiral

Just a quick warning, we have a ready made delta fly schematic in our fleet bank. anyone who has not yet crafted the flyer should contact me or Trek, because there won't definitely not be enough time anymore to do the 10 day daily to get the schematic on your own before they take the option to craft it out of the game entirely.
Dibs? I can be on early this evening, if someone's around to get that for my alt. Think i've still got an outstanding IOU from the Fleet bank anyway

Would also like to have an Aegis set in the bank, should be able to provide all the needed parts if someone's around to craft it up for me...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 07:48 PM   #328
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Dibs? I can be on early this evening, if someone's around to get that for my alt. Think i've still got an outstanding IOU from the Fleet bank anyway

Would also like to have an Aegis set in the bank, should be able to provide all the needed parts if someone's around to craft it up for me...
just send everything to Sanders@hartzilla2007 and I'll set you up.
Old November 30 2011, 09:41 PM   #329
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Scout101 wrote: View Post

Sure thing, I will mail the schematic to you. You were @JScout33 in game, right?

In the meantime make sure you got enough crafting skill points for the flyer..

Last edited by Timelord Victorious; November 30 2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old November 30 2011, 11:43 PM   #330
Scout101
Admiral

Yep, I'm Richard@jscout33 right now. And thanks, Hartzilla, will figure out what it costs and pop stuff over to you. I'm on right now, but all's quiet in the fleet...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote