Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 29 2011, 06:14 PM   #631
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Oh okay! Thanks! I can't bear to watch Hell on Wheels even for TWD footage. I watched the first ep and was bored to tears. I enjoyed the theme music but that is all I liked about it.
Old November 29 2011, 06:39 PM   #632
Derishton
Vice Admiral

At this point, I don't think there's anything on AMC that I don't like! It's a bit embarrassing, actually.
Old November 29 2011, 07:49 PM   #633
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

One does hope that now that we've gotten all the low-budget 'everyone sits around and talks about their feelings' episodes out of the way, that the second half of the season will be a bit more action packed and zombie intensive.
As someone said earlier, I don't want the show turning into Resident Evil, but at the same time, the sheer number of "We need to talk." moments has really started to wear me down, to the point where I'd started fast-forwarding through the more obvious ones.

Only thing that puzzled me somewhat about the ending was why nobody made an attempt to stop Shane from opening the barn. Also why Hershel didn't react more forcefully once the shooting starts. It was almost as if he expecting things to come down to this, and they were only proving his belief that the group was just a bunch of murderous thugs.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 08:43 PM   #634
Scout101
Admiral

Could be two-pronged:

-Bit of shock after trying to reconcile his belief that they are just sick with having watched Shane put half a dozen slugs into center mass (heart, lungs, etc) of a woman he knew and had it keep coming without flinching.

-Knowing deep down that it was the right thing. that no matter how much he wanted to hold onto his wife, stepson, and neighbors, they really were gone, and had to be dealt with. While they were in the barn and safely locked away, it was just a concept, a mental exercise. Once they were out, time to cut the crap and face reality of the situation.

Since 1 happened before 2, makes pretty good sense that he'd sit there in shock/grief while Shane and company took care of business.

Still don't think the Sophia payoff was worth the amount of time it was dragged out. It was a good end to that part of the story, but could have been handled better/faster. Hell, it's a bit meta, but even the CHARACTERS were getting bored by that plotline While still sad, not as big an emotional payoff as it could have been, either. She had about as many lines Sunday as a zombie as she'd had in the entire series to date (probably doubled her screeen time), so there was almost zero attachment to the character, outside of her impact on the others.

Since we were beat over the head with the search, we knew who the little girl zombie was, but how many people can honestly say they even remembered what she looked like before she staggered out of the barn? If that same zombie had been the 4th one out of the barn instead of last, not sure how many viewers would have noticed until the characters checked the bodies and saw her face...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 08:48 PM   #635
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

I understand that maybe for television/dramatic reasons the 'search for sophia' wasn't ideal. But, I think were I in that situation and able to have a home base (the farm) of relative comfort I'd spend all the free time I could trying to look for that little girl, at least for a couple weeks. That's what I'd like to think, anyway. Maybe it's because I have a young daughter.
Old November 29 2011, 09:24 PM   #636
PKerr
Rear Admiral

sneak peek vid

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com...ode-8-season-2
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 10:02 PM   #637
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

One way or another, things are definately going to have to come to a head soon. Whether that involves a Rick/Shane knockdown, dragout, or the group splitting up though is anybodies guess.

The annoying part though is that they both make valid arguments.

Say, does anyone happen to know what part of the state this is supposed to be taking place in? I grew up around the Atlanta area and I don't recall there being many swamps.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; November 29 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old November 29 2011, 11:09 PM   #638
sojourner
Admiral

^somewhere between Atlanta and Ft. Benning/banning(however it's spelled). Draw a line on a map and follow the roads.
Old November 30 2011, 12:11 AM   #639
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
^somewhere between Atlanta and Ft. Benning/banning(however it's spelled). Draw a line on a map and follow the roads.
D'oh, thats right. I must be having a stupid day. (off to find a map)
Old November 30 2011, 01:33 AM   #640
Dream
Admiral

Great midseason finale.

Every character got some good scenes. This was Shane's episode and his rant at the end felt like something the audience wanted to say since the season started with the endless search for Sophia. I felt he was right about the walkers needing to die, but he took the wrong approach by forcing the barn doors opening. Any number of things could have gone horribly wrong and people might have died. I can't believe how stupid he was being, finding out the news about the baby was nothing but bad news for the group.

Sophia coming back completely fine would have been too unbelievable, since even the expert tracker Daryl almost got killed just looking for her.

The missing Sophia plot was dragged out too long. But that last 10 minutes were so intense might have made up for it. I love how each character reacted.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 02:59 AM   #641
Dream
Admiral

New Walking Dead Action Figures have been released!

The Walking Dead TV Series 1 figures will be available for $14.99 individually and have unique features/accessories:

* Deputy Rick Grimes – with revolver, shotgun, walkie talkie, baseball bat, and hand grenade accessories
* Daryl Dixon – with crossbow, hunting knife, fire axe, pick axe, and even a string of squirrels
* Zombie Biter – features a deer meat accessory and a spring-loaded moving jaw
* Zombie Walker – includes a special wind-up feature
http://dailydead.com/todd-mcfarlane-...ction-figures/

From those pictures, Daryl looks the best!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 04:11 AM   #642
Akiraprise

Do we really have to wait until Feb?!

I kind of figured Sophia was going to be in the barn. Too bad really. But it does show that nobody is safe in this series.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 04:21 AM   #643
Borgminister

As much as I love this show, that's not necessarily true until one of the 'regulars' dies. Sophia was not a key character, as gut-wrenching as that scene was.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 04:27 AM   #644
Tom
Rear Admiral

Some observations:

I'm guessing the walker that attacked Andrea in the woods that Maggie and Darryl killed was probably the the one that bit Sophia I'm guessing because Sophia was obvious bit with in the first 24 hours she was missing. This is because Otis put her in the barn and we meet Otis the second day when he shot Carl and then was with Shane at the school after. So Sophia was bit not to long after she went missing.

The barn walker woman that had her mouth blown off was Herschels wife, I know this not just because it was confirmed in the Talking Dead but when I was watching the episode when you see Herschel talking to Maggie in the kitchen the camera angle delibertly lets you see the pictures on the refridgerator and on of the pictures was Herschel and his wife so I knew that was her when she came out of the barn.

Speaking of Barn, how do you get newly captured walkers into the barn without them all trying to overwelm and attack you??
Old November 30 2011, 04:55 AM   #645
Borgminister

Same way you get the family dog to play with an ugly baby...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote