Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 21 2011, 07:30 PM   #211
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: "Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Castle returns tonight with "Killshot" and Kate is not in a good way. The promo for this episode is just awesome and should be a good episode and appears to be arc heavy.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 07:39 PM   #212
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Damn the 10:00 pm airtime! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 12:01 AM   #213
IcecreamLtDan
Captain

Yep, with you there, just need to make sure the DVR is set.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 12:17 AM   #214
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Castle returns tonight with "Killshot" and Kate is not in a good way. The promo for this episode is just awesome and should be a good episode and appears to be arc heavy.

I was just about to ask about this episode. cool thanks DVR is set and ready to go.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 02:54 AM   #215
Worf2DS9
Writer

Tonight's episode was excellent, with a great performance by Stana.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 07:41 PM   #216
Forbin
Admiral

Well, she showed the little round scar from her bullet wound. Now where's the giant incision scar from when she had here chest cracked open for surgery?!?!

Another point: The sniper rifle was a bolt-action. There was no reason at ALL for the suspect to have ejected the shell at the crime scene.

Otherwise, yes wonderful episode and a great job by all.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 04:58 AM   #217
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

They showed her turning sideways to look at it in the mirror but we never got to see more than a little redness because of the angle it was shot at.
Old November 23 2011, 05:05 AM   #218
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

castle was fantastic and we had great character development tonight.
and michale dorn was in it a little bit longer than usual.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 03:24 PM   #219
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Very intense episode though not the second coming of Castle the fandom expected.. at least not for me.

Overall a very good episode with an amazing performance by Stana but the PTSD got "resolved" way too fast just by talking Esposito who's been through the same. I mean it was not gone but going from total breakdown to functioning member of the team went by way too fast.

However the ending was awesome.. Kate's Wall is coming down! *dances with glee" Finally she came to the conclusion that her adherence to her mother's case was keeping her back, impairing her life and she realizes it defined her (and not in a good way). She wants to find a way to move past that and that's a huge thing.

Maybe it's too fast developing but given the info we have about Cuffed (the next episode), i.e. closed set for some scenes it might be that there'll be a huge development in the Castle/Beckett relationship and i so can't wait for next week
Old November 23 2011, 03:58 PM   #220
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I've actually been busy that I didn't get to watch it! Or at least the full episode. I saw the first twenty minutes and thought it was really good. Will have to watch the rest later.

Old November 23 2011, 05:17 PM   #221
Forbin
Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
They showed her turning sideways to look at it in the mirror but we never got to see more than a little redness because of the angle it was shot at.
We saw it full-front when she opened her shirt and showed it to the sniper. Little round scar, about an inch. Nothing like what she should have from open-heart surgery and having her rib cage cracked open. Maybe you blinked during that scene.
Old November 23 2011, 05:28 PM   #222
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It has been several months since the surgery...maybe that is what they're going with to explain the lack of a scar. My foot scar has been less prominent over time. It used to be extremely visible. Not really giving an excuse but just pointing out that there has been a passage of time.

Old November 24 2011, 04:59 AM   #223
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Forbin wrote: View Post
We saw it full-front when she opened her shirt and showed it to the sniper. Little round scar, about an inch. Nothing like what she should have from open-heart surgery and having her rib cage cracked open. Maybe you blinked during that scene.
I saw that scar, I just thought you were talking about the scar from when they went into the side of her rib cage. I just assumed they got the bullet when they went in that way.

If the bullet had hit her in the heart would she have even have been able to make it to the hospital alive?
Old November 24 2011, 11:03 AM   #224
Christopher
Writer

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Overall a very good episode with an amazing performance by Stana but the PTSD got "resolved" way too fast just by talking Esposito who's been through the same. I mean it was not gone but going from total breakdown to functioning member of the team went by way too fast.
I don't know... in my own experience, sometimes the difference between being totally overwhelmed by a situation and being able to cope with it can be just a matter of pausing, calming down, taking a look at your own reactions, and finding a new mindset to approach things from. A conscious shift of perspective, both about the situation and your own reaction to it, can make a lot of difference.

Besides, by now Kate's had months of therapeutic guidance from Michael Dorn to draw on. But she wasn't really ready to listen to it before. I'd guess that maybe seeing herself break down like that was a wakeup call, and once Espo's talk helped her refocus and decide she could cope, she already had some guidance as to how, and it was just a matter of finally believing it and applying it.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 05:51 PM   #225
Forbin
Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post
I saw that scar, I just thought you were talking about the scar from when they went into the side of her rib cage. I just assumed they got the bullet when they went in that way.

If the bullet had hit her in the heart would she have even have been able to make it to the hospital alive?
Did they go in thru the side? Okay, that I don't remember. When I heard them say they were cracking the ribs, I guessed that was going to be the standard open-heart technique of slicing the chect down the middle, breaking the sternum and applying a rib spreader. On people I've known, that produces a big-ass vertical scar in the middle of the chest that ain't going away in just a few months.

http://www.smart-heart-living.com/he...-incision.html