Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 22 2011, 10:59 AM   #496
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

AICN is often wrong. I hope that's the case with both of those Spoilers.

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
I loved the fact that this episode was filled with honesty and characters being forthright. Which is so NOT how most shows have things. TV show characters usually have the worst communication skills. Glenn can't handle the secrets and spills it. Dale gets two pieces of information and immediately confronts Lori and Herschel, neither of whom deny a thing, and in fact, they are open to discussing the issues! Lori apologizes to Glenn. Rick confronts Lori upon finding the pills, gets the truth from her, and then spills it about Shane.

I love it!
Same here. This is what makes the show great.
Old November 22 2011, 02:54 PM   #497
Jax
Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
The pacing this season has been pretty horrible. I realize last season was only 6 episodes so a lot was condensed, but the problem is it gave your a false sense of expectation on what to look forward to for S2... Where as when S2 got here everything is all stretched out so that not even half as much has happened in the 7 episodes of S2 that have aired then what happened in all of S1.
Well with the 6 final episodes in Feb, its a good guess the show will move on to a new location eventually setting up the 3rd season. However in season 3 I agree there needs to be better pacing overall and more zombies
Old November 22 2011, 05:02 PM   #498
Borgminister

The show puts Dexter's current season to shame, while not quite approaching Breaking Bad quality, although it is close. One of the best written shows (of the shows I watch) on television...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 05:44 PM   #499
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Same here. This is what makes the show great.
Agreed. That's how real people handle secrets. Most people I know cannot hold water let alone secrets these people have under the circumstances fictionalized.

And not only is the writing real the actors who deliver the lines do it well.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 06:01 PM   #500
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Is anyone else at all concerned that the groups 'shooting lessons' must be burning through an awful lot of scarce ammo? I confess my memory is hazy about last season, but wasn't their last resupply that big duffle full of guns that Rick found early on?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; November 22 2011 at 06:34 PM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 06:25 PM   #501
Scout101
Admiral

Yeah, if they found more, it was off-screen. Not to say they couldn't have grabbed ammo off of any of the giant group of dead soldiers around the CDC, though. That should have set them up for life, as every one of them would have had machine/hand guns and ammo on them, although they might have to add some together to combine clips and whatnot.

Also could have found stuff in the traffic jam easily enough, they had forever to look...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 06:32 PM   #502
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

issreliant wrote: View Post
My guess....Sophia is in the barn.

I hope not. Too depressing.
Old November 22 2011, 07:44 PM   #503
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yeah, if they found more, it was off-screen. Not to say they couldn't have grabbed ammo off of any of the giant group of dead soldiers around the CDC, though. That should have set them up for life, as every one of them would have had machine/hand guns and ammo on them, although they might have to add some together to combine clips and whatnot.

Also could have found stuff in the traffic jam easily enough, they had forever to look...
Living here in the greater Atlanta area there must be a Wal*Mart store every 5 miles - even in rural communities. The production costs related to recreating that enviornment was probably not cost effective nor likely would Wal*Mart want to lend there name to a zombie flick [or maybe so? ] but it's surprising that type of store wasn't used as a re-supply location.

Any Wal*Mart store could have supplied the group with everything for life.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 09:51 PM   #504
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

^^ I agree, except that with the fleeing of the population from Atlanta and the greater metro area, I bet the Walmarts were the first things targeted for, at first stocking up and then later, looting...
Old November 23 2011, 12:22 AM   #505
Morpheus 02
Commodore

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post

Living here in the greater Atlanta area there must be a Wal*Mart store every 5 miles - even in rural communities. The production costs related to recreating that enviornment was probably not cost effective nor likely would Wal*Mart want to lend there name to a zombie flick [or maybe so? ] but it's surprising that type of store wasn't used as a re-supply location.

Any Wal*Mart store could have supplied the group with everything for life.
Want to see heartless monsters attacking people (possibly resulting in death) in Wal-Mart & it being ravaged of all its merchandise? Just stop by Thursday at 10pm. No doubt we'll see video on YouTube soon...

I can imagine the poster with the slogan will be condensed from "Save Moey, Live Better" to "Save Lives"
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 03:02 AM   #506
McDuff
Lieutenant Commander

One word: Boring

I couldn't bear this show after the first episode of season 2. I tried to watch the second episode. Zombies are boring, characters boring. After watching great shows like Games of Thrones this show is not doing it anymore for me. We know nobody of importance is going to die.

Maybe it miss Darabont touch.
McDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 03:06 AM   #507
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

McDuff wrote: View Post

I couldn't bear this show after the first episode. I tried to watch the second. Zombies are boring, characters boring. After watching great shows like Games of Thrones this show is not doing it anymore for me. We know nobody of importance is going to die.

See I don't understand this opinion. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to it but I still don't get it.
Old November 23 2011, 03:26 AM   #508
McDuff
Lieutenant Commander

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post

I couldn't bear this show after the first episode. I tried to watch the second. Zombies are boring, characters boring. After watching great shows like Games of Thrones this show is not doing it anymore for me. We know nobody of importance is going to die.

See I don't understand this opinion. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to it but I still don't get it.
I really tried. I had many season 2 episodes lined up tonight to watch on my DVD. With the little kid just been shot from "last episode". But I just wouldn't care and found the dialogue tedious in a few seconds.

But I must say, while I find Zombie movie fun from time to time. I feel like they are boring unresponsive enemy. I don't feel their threat. So I'm not such a big Zombie fan even if I like horror movie very much.

I think it's worst without Darabont.
McDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 03:34 AM   #509
McCoy
Commodore

Kytee wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
[ Spoiler=subject] Actual Spoiler [ /Spoiler] - except remove the spaces inside the brackets
Thank you
Let me try this again, after watching this weeks episode, I was starting to wonder if they TV show will deviate from the comics in the following way

-Kytee
The actors are only a few years apart in age.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 09:57 AM   #510
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I couldn't bear this show after the first episode of season 2. I tried to watch the second episode. Zombies are boring, characters boring. After watching great shows like Games of Thrones this show is not doing it anymore for me. We know nobody of importance is going to die.

These episodes were pretty much written before Darabont was fired IIRC. I think they still represent his vision for the show if that is the case.