Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 21 2011, 10:10 PM   #1636
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

Holy crap. That's a lot of wood.
Old November 21 2011, 11:54 PM   #1637
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, lots of deforestation in progress. But I always plant new trees to replace them so that I don't have to go very far.

Ok, has anyone had any success with Modloader? There's a minimap mod that I want to use, but I can't seem to get it to work. The problem is that my minecraft.jar doesn't have a META.INF file it wants you to delete, and when I start up Minecraft, the minimap doesn't show up, plus grass sides appear all grey when using Modloader likely because it wasn't installed properly.

I've done a bit of experimenting by letting Minecraft redownload the bin files, which then does have that file, yet it still doesn't work.

Oh, nevermind. Bypassed Modloader completely by inserting the files into the minecraft jar directly and it works perfectly now.

It's Rei's Minimap mod btw. Pretty awesome minimap:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...s-minimap-v28/

Last edited by Owain Taggart; November 22 2011 at 05:18 AM.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 06:03 AM   #1638
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Built a small magic room under my tree and enchanted one of my diamond swords (Bane of Arachnids Level 1! WooHoo!)

Next goal is to head down into the Nether, find a castle, and grab myself a blaze rod so I can start brewing potions. So far though its pretty empy. During my one trip down I couldn't even find a Ghast. I guess it takes time for them to respawn.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 01:36 PM   #1639
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

I ran across a magma cube a couple days ago. Scared the shit out of me as I hadn't seen one before. No blazes yet, though.
Old November 22 2011, 03:42 PM   #1640
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Making progress on the Titanic. It's slow, but then I'm also working slowly on it so that I don't get burned out on it. It's big enough that it shows up in the unzoomed c10t map. Last night I finished the floor. Many more of these to come.

I had to take a long break on the Yamato. It is mind-bogglingly huge and I ran out of resources several times and I spent way too much time carving out a harbor instead of working on the ship. I'll have to get back to it at some point. You're a bit farther along than I am with the keel.
Old November 22 2011, 04:24 PM   #1641
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

I didn't realize just how long the Titanic was until now!
Old November 22 2011, 05:45 PM   #1642
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Making progress on the Titanic. It's slow, but then I'm also working slowly on it so that I don't get burned out on it. It's big enough that it shows up in the unzoomed c10t map. Last night I finished the floor. Many more of these to come.

That is amazing! Are you using wool for the hull? Because the sheep breeding in 1.0 would make that easier, especially considering baby sheep are now the same colour as their parents. Otherwise, you'd need to kill a lot of squid.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Next goal is to head down into the Nether, find a castle, and grab myself a blaze rod so I can start brewing potions. So far though its pretty empy. During my one trip down I couldn't even find a Ghast. I guess it takes time for them to respawn.
Ghasts are much rarer since the Nether update, I assume that magma cubes and blazes are using up their mob slots now which makes it less likely ghasts will spawn. The most I saw was two at the same time, which makes building in the Nether much easier.
Old November 22 2011, 08:13 PM   #1643
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

He's using wool for the hull and has a sheep spawner nearby. We haven't had to mess with breeding since we have spawners for everything, either in the zoo or people have their own personal ones they found.

Breeding might make colored wool more efficient, though. Does it work if you color an adult sheep and then breed it?
Old November 22 2011, 08:19 PM   #1644
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Haha yeah, it truly is titanically huge! For everyone's curiosity, I've used real-world dimensions when plotting it out as I've detailed earlier in the thread. I've used the measuring tape mod to help me out with that, so I guess it appears even larger due to the real-world scale I used compared to actually scaling it down some. Though technically, it will be a bit larger in dimensions due to only having measured the length up to the bottom of the keel, not taking into account the size it would be when fully built up, but these are mere technicalities.

Yep, using red wool, Ben, and I hadn't thought about the breeding, but you're right. It should be much easier. Also, apparently sheep will be able to regrow their wool in the future. I've got one red layer to finish and then I'm starting the black layer. My plan is to have it look like it's sailing, with smoke and all. And Iceberg.

Gebirg, I actually haven't done anything to the underside. Something this huge is a bit problematic to work underwater with, so understandably there's nothing built up underneath. I'm working from the surface up.

If anyone would like to visit the work in progress, warp Titanic. Although currently the warps aren't active.
Old November 22 2011, 08:43 PM   #1645
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Gebirg, I actually haven't done anything to the underside. Something this huge is a bit problematic to work underwater with, so understandably there's nothing built up underneath. I'm working from the surface up.
Brilliant! That's exactly what I did. Now I don't feel so bad. I also had the irritating task of filling in some of the area in the water surrounding the ship, as it went deep quite dramatically in some spots which made it difficult for me to lay out the keel.

I don't suppose there's anything else that can be dyed other than wool? Have they implemented a "paint" feature, where you can craft dyes on any other type of material? I'm reluctant to put red wool down at the waterline, as I'd like to try to make my ship somewhat explosion resistant from the beasties that sneak up on me.

The "keel" floor is almost laid. Once I get that down I'm going to start building the outer frame of the hull based on some cross-sections from the "Battleship Yamato: Anatomy of the Ship" by Janusz Skulski and I will post pics of the progress thus far. I'm still baffled by the size of this thing and hope I can finish it.
Old November 22 2011, 10:40 PM   #1646
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Oh, I so wish there'd be paint to colour anything. I think that's one of the things that's sorely missing, at least for creative purposes. I kind of wish I could put down wood or anything and paint it the colour I want it. Seems like it would be simple enough, as we already have dye.

One of the advantages I realized I had was that I don't have to worry about endermen, being out in the middle of the water.

Btw as far as the dimensions go, it's approximately 236 meters long.
Old November 23 2011, 01:24 AM   #1647
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Breeding might make colored wool more efficient, though. Does it work if you color an adult sheep and then breed it?
Apparently so. Though I'm not sure how long it takes for baby sheep to become adult sheep.
Old November 23 2011, 01:24 AM   #1648
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

That's pretty boss! Colored wool factories!
Old November 23 2011, 02:26 AM   #1649
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Awww, ain't them cute sheep! Do we know if we have to breed them ourselves or does it happen automatically? I might have to enlarge my sheep farm.
Old November 23 2011, 02:35 AM   #1650
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

I think you have to do the breeding yourself... er... that doesn't sound right.