Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old November 21 2011, 06:04 PM   #286
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

^ and a little voice in my head automatically responded with "Pray i don't alter it any further..." Seems like the more they play with the game economics, the less valuable that stipend gets...

Real question becomes whether the Silver account would be limited enough that you would actually spend $410 in those 17 months if you were buying points. With what they are doing to differentiate things at the moment, I'd tend to doubt I'd spend that much.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old November 21 2011, 06:29 PM   #287
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Um, do we really have to reinstall if you go silver? I though you just could't use your gold character without the conversion thing so at worst you need to make a new character.
I took Admiral Kirk's question to mean that he has a copy of the game, but does not currently have it installed on his computer. In that case, yes, he would need to install the game, update the launcher and download patches. Anyone else who already has the game installed will simply receive launcher and patch updates.
Old November 22 2011, 03:31 AM   #288
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Um, do we really have to reinstall if you go silver? I though you just could't use your gold character without the conversion thing so at worst you need to make a new character.
I took Admiral Kirk's question to mean that he has a copy of the game, but does not currently have it installed on his computer.
Just to clarify, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks for the answer.
Old November 22 2011, 04:36 AM   #289
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
I took Admiral Kirk's question to mean that he has a copy of the game, but does not currently have it installed on his computer.
Just to clarify, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks for the answer.
In that case as long as you entered in your key I think you don't need to worry.
Old November 22 2011, 09:51 AM   #290
Rocketeer
Captain

They stated that there would be a converter for players that wanted to keep using the characters created under a paid subscription.

I bought another copy of the game Saturday for 2 Euro (about $3). You can find the Collector's Edition and Deluxe Digital Download for cheap. If you wanted to go the F2P route, I recommend starting a Gold character and switching to Silver later. To my knowledge you would keep the bonus items.
Old November 22 2011, 08:31 PM   #291
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Just to check if this is true, is it not possible to get the Tier 3 Excelsior with your free ship token when you get promoted? Wondering if I should bother trying to save up for it, or is it possible to sell off the free T3 ship and use credits towards it? This won't come up for a while methinks, only a Lt. 9 at the moment, so I won't be rushing into picking my T3 ship just yet
Old November 22 2011, 08:48 PM   #292
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

No, At the moment you can still buy it with enough energy credits I believe which is a very cheap ingame method. Come free to play it will be C-Store only, so get it now if you want it.
Old November 22 2011, 11:06 PM   #293
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

In fact, get it before the Dec 1st through 8th timeframe for the Tribble build to come live to Holodeck, if you can, since at that point we will be playing on the F2P code; same with the Delta Flyer and the T3 Nebula.
Old November 22 2011, 11:35 PM   #294
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Best way to make the necessary cash in short time is to play the exchange, don't bother will leveling to much, go out and get data samples/anomalies from the exploration clusters.
A couple of rare ones should be enough to net you both ships (Excelsior and Nebula). If you are smart you combine that with doing the delta flyer daily and you might just cut it in time to craft that yourself. You need 10 days, so barely enough time.
Old November 23 2011, 06:29 PM   #295
Rocketeer
Captain

I posted a couple of KDF DOFF assignments (one crit success, one disaster).

http://www.trekspace.org/forum/topic...age=8#comments
Old November 23 2011, 07:34 PM   #296
SilentP
Commodore

How does one 'play' the exchange, or that matter use it/whats it for? Not actually tried using it yet.
Old November 23 2011, 07:47 PM   #297
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

It's a tool to sell items to other players for Energy Credits. You can sell every item that is not bound to your character.
So if you have a valuable item that is in demand but not really usefull to yourself you can post it there with an offer how much credits you want for it. Other players can then see the offer and decide to buy it. If no one buys it, the item will be returned to you.
I would suggest to look what the current best price is for the item and undercut that for your own offer.
Keep in mind that it might not be worth to sell on the exchange if the best price is not significantly more then half the designated in game value. In that case just sell to a vendor.
If you are unable to raise the funds for the excelsior in time by yourself feel free to ask me or Trek for fleet help. We can then help you out.
Old November 23 2011, 07:56 PM   #298
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I'm not in the TrekBBS fleet, but I'm also willing to help out whenever I can. My in-game handle is @psychogobstopper.
Old November 23 2011, 09:17 PM   #299
SilentP
Commodore

Cheers for the offers, guys Seems that a visit to the Exchange was all it took. Turned out I was holding on to some trace data samples that meant I was able to fetch 170,000+ Hopefully the net outage I had for a moment didn't lose me any of that
Old November 23 2011, 10:21 PM   #300
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

I'm not in the TrekBBS fleet, but I'm also willing to help out whenever I can. My in-game handle is @psychogobstopper.
ditto

@captainsatyr