RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,413
Members: 24,631
Currently online: 443
Newest member: vicky013

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 4 2011, 09:03 PM   #31
ToddKent
Captain

View ToddKent's Twitter Profile
Re: 10 new episodes of Arrested Development coming before the movie

Broccoli wrote: View Post
I don't want to be "that guy", but just let this show be.
I love the show but, yes, this is the correct answer. You just can't go home again. Leave it be.

I have the same advice for people who want a third Ghostbusters film.
ToddKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2011, 05:48 AM   #32
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

ToddKent wrote: View Post
I have the same advice for people who want a third Ghostbusters film.
QFT. Especially after all this time.
Old October 5 2011, 05:22 PM   #33
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Apparently Showtime, Netflix, and Hulu are all seeking the rights to air this proposed new mini-season.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2011, 06:03 PM   #34
Geck
Rear Admiral

Please, anyone but Hulu, unless they can find another distributor/broadcaster for outside the US.
Geck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 02:23 AM   #35
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

New episodes of Arrested Development are coming to Netflix in 2013!

At this time, however, the distribution is limited to U.S. residents.
Old November 19 2011, 04:35 AM   #36
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
At this time, however, the distribution is limited to U.S. residents.
Yeah, we'll see how well that works out. Silly media companies, they accuse piracy of destroying their industry yet they do everything in their power to give pirate sites more ad revenue.

Ah well, it's good to hear that there's a deal in place, that means Mitch Hurwitz doesn't have the luxury of procrastinating any longer.
Old November 19 2011, 02:28 PM   #37
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'll be concerned if Abraham Higgenbotham, who is currently an executive producer on ABC's Modern Family, isn't involved.
Old November 20 2011, 11:41 AM   #38
Seven of Five
Commodore

I could swear I read this thread months ago.

But good news that new episodes may actually be happening. This US only distribution is stupid though, they're really shooting themselves in the foot here.
Old November 20 2011, 05:27 PM   #39
23skidoo
Admiral

Seven of Five wrote: View Post
But good news that new episodes may actually be happening. This US only distribution is stupid though, they're really shooting themselves in the foot here.
Which is why I hope someone with a brain will someday realize this and stop hogtying themselves by aligning with Netflix or Hulu all the time.

Having recently become a fan of Portia De Rossi by way of Better Off Ted I'm interested in this, but they better announce a DVD/BD release or at least a Canadian broadcast.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 02:41 AM   #40
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Just because there isn't a foreign distribution plan in place doesn't mean there won't be one. New episodes are at least fifteen months away... be patient.
Old January 31 2012, 06:13 PM   #41
23skidoo
Admiral

Updates: the entire cast has signed on, and apparently production has either already begun or has at least reached the "offices and parking spaces" stage, to quote the story published yesterday.

Plan currently calls for Netflix to distribute a 10-episode season in 2013 followed by a movie, though it doesn't say whether or not the movie is contingent on how well the season goes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

Still waiting for any word as to whether this will be available to folks who don't want to tithe to Netflix, i.e. a DVD/Blu-ray release later or broadcast, or availablity outside the US. (Netflix being available internationally doesn't mean the show will be. And as many people say regarding cable networks, not everyone can get nor wants Netflix.)

One of the sad things is Arrested Development missed out on capitalizing on things like the Housing Crisis and the recession; although I agree with the folks who posted earlier questioning whether revisiting AD is a good idea, you can't deny they're going to have a lot of story material to work with based on the stuff that's happened since it left the air.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2012, 03:43 AM   #42
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Mitch Hurwitz and a few cast members appeared at a Netflix event today, and Hurwitz expanded a little bit on plans for the new season.

[...] Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that all 10 episodes of Arrested's long-awaited fourth season will premiere together on a single day sometime next year. Hurwitz also confirmed that production is set to begin this summer [...]

Originally, Hurwitz's plan had been to make the revival like an anthology, with each episode telling a somewhat self-contained story about a specific character. "That is now kind of evolving into becoming more like the old show again [...]"

"There's going to be some mystery sprinkled throughout this [but] instead of watching one a week and try to get ahead of it, the hope is [fans] will watch them all together and then go back and look for clues and connections," Hurwitz explained. "We'd also like to use the technology to provide additional material, where you might be able to access another part of the story."
Old April 18 2012, 06:28 AM   #43
RoJoHen
Awesome

All the episodes are going to be released at the same time? That's awesome!
Old April 18 2012, 06:39 AM   #44
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Sweeet!
Old April 18 2012, 12:59 PM   #45
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Netflix did the same with Lilyhammer when it "premiered" on the service, and I assume that show and AD will form a pattern for future original series.