Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I ordered the Dark Tower series and some other Stephen King books. :D

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

@Kestra -- very classy. I'm sure they will all look even more so when you get to wear them!

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I LOVE that. I wish I had the legs to pull off something like that. I bet you'll be a knock-out in it. :bolian:

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan in preparation for the launch next month of the game. I haven't read the prior two books, but this one takes place before those (and the second takes place before the first...), so I'll get those after I've read this one.

I've been looking forward to more information on Revan ever since I first finished Knights of the Old Republic on original Xbox way back when it first came out, meaning this book better be good...

6. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Enjoy! :bolian:

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Picked up a doll, a Wii game and a stuffed animal for my three nieces, for FREE, thanks to Amazon.

8. Kestra

Thanks! It's a bit different from my usual style but I'm leaving for a cruise after Thanksgiving and I thought this would be a nice piece to take with me. Hopefully I can pull it off!

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally broke down and bought a foam-type hair color. I have to accept that it's time to start dying my hair. Too much gray to ignore. :(

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Preordered the Season 2 DVD set of Law & Order: UK

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for PS3 yesterday.

12. Kestra

Even if I go entirely grey within the next year, I will never dye my hair. I refuse to!

13. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Today i spent almost $1000 on stuff for my garden - raised garden bed, loam, pebbles, glazed pots, tumbler composter etc -everything will be delivered on Wednesday.

I also bought new single beds and mattresses for my sons, total cost $460.

14. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought a water dragon...

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a few interesting little projects are in store for you now. Have fun!

Kind of hard to miss... :D

In some ways different, but actually consistent in other ways, esp. the core silhouette. You have a pretty clearly defined preference for what works for you.

I've always liked the theoretical idea of reptiles as pets - it does sound cool - but the work, cost, and time involved seems high to me. Do you already have any similar pets, or will you need to construct a vivarium, etc to house him?

16. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Cartmel sticky toffee pudding (I don't normally like sticky toffee, but this one takes the cake so to speak, especially when thoroughly heated in the oven :drool:), drenched in Madagascan vanilla custard. It's been one of those days. :sigh:

17. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

B-b-but I e-even had the Mercedes logo on the engine...:weep:

I thought it was fool proof... *sniff sniff*

18. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Like my father, i started getting random greys here and there. But like, all of a sudden! There were none and then suddenly *boom*. I've not taken to "dying" my hair per se, but i have been having fun going with crazy colors. I'm not bleaching my hair first, so i don't get PINK! hair, but more like a pink sheen that can't really be seen unless i'm in the sun. The greys pick it up nicely (they pretty much go pink totally). I've also tried blue and candy apple red. But i like the pink the best. Don't know if i'll ever go the 'real' dye route or not. I always said i wouldn't but i've learned never say never!

What is a water dragon?

Last week was my birthday so i received some birthday money. It was like, totally burning a hole in my pocket, so yesterday i went out in the raw, rainy cold to hit Best Buy (of course today is gorgeous, but i just HAD to go yesterday).

They've been having great sales on DVDs and Blu-Rays so i got the following:

Bridges of Madison County $3.99
    Pleasantville $3.99
    This is Spinal Tap on Blu Ray $7.99
    Platoon on BR $9.99
    Kill Bill Vol 2 (already had 1) on BR $6.99
    And an Oceans Collection (the original with the Rat Pack) and 11, 12 & 13 for $9.99

w00t!

19. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Love the Bridges of Madison County, one of my favourites. Cool choices on the rest, too. Belated happy birthday!

20. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you!

It's so funny, i remember renting Bridges from the library and thinking, "Why the hell did i borrow this? I'm going to hate it." And then, watching it, i sobbed my brains out.

I had it on VHS (along with most of the other movies i bought yesterday) and when i saw the incredibly low prices i just HAD to upgrade ('specially since i don't even OWN a vhs player now.)