RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,084
Members: 26,073
Currently online: 463
Newest member: KhishannK4D

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Closed Thread

Old November 18 2011, 04:29 AM   #1351
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

wamdue wrote: View Post
Do we really want move villains/heroes, being "he appeared in that episode of AKA Jessica Jones, but with a different actor" ?
Something tells me we won't have to worry about a threat to Jones being something an Avengers movie will have to worry about, so that strikes out the villains. Villains don't always have to be of the 'super' variety, they could make up many depending on the story necessities.

And once they have their main cast together, anything extra they want to ad that will also appear in the movies will be well planned out.

I can't see this backfiring at all, it seems pretty straight forward to keep track of.
Old November 18 2011, 04:30 AM   #1352
JD
Admiral

I really think the best way for this to work would be to simply set up specific topics, characters, and locations for each series to set up, with maybe only a few occasional crossovers.
Old November 18 2011, 04:32 AM   #1353
wamdue
Admiral

this assumes it actually makes it to TV of course.
Old November 18 2011, 04:44 AM   #1354
JD
Admiral

Obviously. I really hope at least one of the live action superhero comic series makes it to the screen. It's been to long since we had a decent, successful superhero TV series. Well, there was Smallville, but that was the only one I can think of from within the last 20-30 years, and most people don't seem to like it. And it was on The WB/CW and I don't know if anything on there would really be considered successful in terms of the whole TV landscape.
Old November 18 2011, 04:51 AM   #1355
wamdue
Admiral

well there was Birds of Prey but obviously that didnt last long, and Human Target on FOX only lasted a couple of seasons
Old November 18 2011, 05:11 AM   #1356
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

ABC had Lois & Clark in the mid-90s, and that lasted 4 years, which in television is considered a success. There is also NBC's Heroes, which also lasted 4 years.
Old November 18 2011, 05:13 AM   #1357
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

wamdue wrote: View Post
well there was Birds of Prey but obviously that didnt last long, and Human Target on FOX only lasted a couple of seasons
Heroes was awesome...Season 1...

Birds of Prey, too bad it didn't last longer, I enjoyed all of it, including Harley Quinn

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old November 18 2011, 06:06 AM   #1358
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Purple Man is the obvious choice for a big bad for AKA Jessica Jones (at least for the 1st season), and he is hardly an Avengers level threat (at least not for the movies).

There is a thread for AKA Jessica Jones. Shouldn't this discussion be happening there?
Old November 18 2011, 08:22 AM   #1359
captcalhoun
Admiral

why should people be worried about someone appearing in AKA Jessica Jones played by oe actor and then in EG, Avengers played by another when we've already had the recasting of Rhodey and Banner?
Old November 18 2011, 03:44 PM   #1360
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I like the fact that this thread has swerved to discuss a series we already have a thread about while we just got two awesome and shiny "Avengers" banners that we should be discussing! Now we have a new Joss interview!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...003451761.html

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; November 18 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old November 20 2011, 12:47 AM   #1361
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Joss Whedon talks about his take on Stark, Rogers and Banner here in an article that seems to slightly spoil Stan Lee's cameo.

Another article has the same info about Banner, but also talks about Nick Fury.
Old November 20 2011, 04:17 AM   #1362
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ That's the exact same interview I posted above We have brief bios for the characters to go with the banners.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/11/...acter-posters/

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; November 20 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old November 27 2011, 04:06 AM   #1363
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

Just watched Iron Man 2 on DVD again for the first time in a long time.

Forgot how heart-stoppingly awesome Scarlett Johanssen looked in it. O. M. G.

Cannot wait for this movie.
Old November 27 2011, 12:37 PM   #1364
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...-deep-blue-sea

It should be stressed that Hiddleston doesn't actually talk about either Thor or The Avengers in this interview. But I linked to it because of this quote:

"I remember shooting the first series of Wallander and on my day off I got the train to Malmö and went to see [COLOR=#005689]Iron Man[/COLOR] with Robert Downey Jr. And I came out thinking, 'That's so fucking good. But I'm never, in a million years, going to be in a film like that.' But then I tested for the part of Loki in Thor and came away thinking, 'You know, I've got a real chance at this.' It was like a light going on. We all impose limits on ourselves. We think, 'There's the ceiling and that's as far as I can go.' Then something happens and it changes everything."
It just appeals to me, the idea of this young, up-and-coming actor going to see Iron Man on his day off, then a few years later, he's the villain in an ensemble movie featuring Iron Man and others!
Old November 30 2011, 01:53 PM   #1365
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84718

[I]" was blessed to be a part of [the Marvel] universe," he continued, "because I love what Marvel did with something so fantastical and unrealistic, making it kind of plausible, like when they did "Iron Man". I just thought those were really great movies, the first one in particular... The character of Hawkeye was always cool. He's kind of a rogue, shadowy character. That's what attracted me to him. Then he's also a human being. He just has a high skill set, so they call him a superhero."

Read more: [COLOR=#990000]EXCL: Jeremy Renner on The Avengers, The Bourne Legacy and More - ComingSoon.net[/COLOR] [COLOR=#990000]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84718#ixzz1fC0eofTD[/COLOR]