RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,893
Posts: 5,330,350
Members: 24,555
Currently online: 521
Newest member: berlyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 10 2011, 04:43 PM   #256
JRS
Fleet Captain
 
JRS's Avatar
 
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Send a message via Yahoo to JRS
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Squiggy wrote: View Post
FYI: It will be free to play January 17, 2012.
Bit longer wait still. I am very happy that this one goes free to play, though
Looking forward of getting my own ship and crew.
Though, I might get stuck to the character creator for hour or two first, creating toons being so much fun in MMOs.
__________________
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 05:36 PM   #257
daedalus5
Moderator
 
daedalus5's Avatar
 
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Glad its now free to play. Shame its not available during the Christmas holidays.
__________________
www.bookmooch.com
"Give books away. Get books you want." Fantastic website!
daedalus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 07:26 PM   #258
Captain_Amasov
Captain
 
Captain_Amasov's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Dev Blog #21 is now up. Gold member stipends will begin next month, and the then-current Tribble build will apparently be transferred to Holodeck sometime between December 1 and 8. I'm not sure that's a good idea; there are still things that need to be addressed, which hopefully will be over the remainder of this month, but it seems smarter to me to keep working on the live F2P build right up until the January 17 date.


On another note, a few days ago I noticed that Vedek robes had appeared in the Tailor options for Off-Duty Costumes. Since I haven't seen an announcement or mention from Cryptic devs about this, I'm assuming it was an early accident that will be related to the DS9 FE when that comes.
Yeah, it does sound like another paid beta test if they plan on pushing the build in December like that.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 11:18 PM   #259
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Tribble server is getting the biggest content update since almost a year right now.

Read the patch notes:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...42&postcount=1
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 11:31 PM   #260
Trek
Fleet Captain
 
Trek's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Wow, that's a crazy level of updates. Looks like they're really pushing to get it ready for next month now.
__________________
TrekBBS Armada
STO Captains (@Trek88): Lex, Foxton, Zylah, Sh'Rrth, Riku, Saundra
Author: The Adventures of Argus
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 07:53 AM   #261
Captain_Amasov
Captain
 
Captain_Amasov's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Playing the Defera Borg Invasion zone event reminded me a little of the start of Tabula Rasa, which isn't a bad thing.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 09:40 AM   #262
Rocketeer
Captain
 
Rocketeer's Avatar
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

JRS wrote: View Post
Squiggy wrote: View Post
FYI: It will be free to play January 17, 2012.
Bit longer wait still. I am very happy that this one goes free to play, though
Looking forward of getting my own ship and crew.
Though, I might get stuck to the character creator for hour or two first, creating toons being so much fun in MMOs.
I suggest that you read up on the skills and abilities options on the STO Wiki before creating your character. If you're just creating a fun character it doesn't matter though.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:28 PM   #263
Rocketeer
Captain
 
Rocketeer's Avatar
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Dev Blog #21 is now up. Gold member stipends will begin next month, and the then-current Tribble build will apparently be transferred to Holodeck sometime between December 1 and 8. I'm not sure that's a good idea; there are still things that need to be addressed, which hopefully will be over the remainder of this month, but it seems smarter to me to keep working on the live F2P build right up until the January 17 date.


On another note, a few days ago I noticed that Vedek robes had appeared in the Tailor options for Off-Duty Costumes. Since I haven't seen an announcement or mention from Cryptic devs about this, I'm assuming it was an early accident that will be related to the DS9 FE when that comes.
I agree with you that the Tribble F2P is still rough around the edges. I've submitted a few trouble tickets. Also note that the DOFF Developement Tier advancement is still broken. Some male DOFFs have female names and vice-versa or a mixture of male and female names. Some of the weapons have the wrong name, picture or level listed for it.
/
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 08:34 PM   #264
Rocketeer
Captain
 
Rocketeer's Avatar
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

DOFF System

My FED made RA5 using mainly xp from the DOFF assignments.

Recently started a KDF Engr. He made CM5 using the DOFF system. I wanted to see if he could make RA1 or higher without completing any missions. However, he accidently completed a mission by using the transportor.
/
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 03:31 AM   #265
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

For all you mission content addicts.
There is a new MUST PLAY foundry mission available.
"City of the Polmar Ree"

I won`t go into details here, it plays better unspoiled.
Let's just say it's from the guy who also made The Ramok Nor mission...
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 03:34 AM   #266
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Dev Blog #23 is now up!

It starts with a recap of what we already know (the early December push of the F2P build from Tribble to Holodeck), then continues its brief roadmap into February.

In short:
  • Holiday event from mid-Dec into the new year
  • 2-year anniversary event on Feb 2
  • Dominion FE series starts early Feb!
The Sao Paulo variant of the Defiant should come with the Dominion FE, as should the new Defiant interior pack. I'm looking forward to both, especially the latter.
PsychoPere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 03:45 AM   #267
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
For all you mission content addicts.
There is a new MUST PLAY foundry mission available.
"City of the Polmar Ree"

I won`t go into details here, it plays better unspoiled.
Let's just say it's from the guy who also made The Ramok Nor mission...
You know, I haven't played a single user-created mission. Any (besides these) that are worthwhile?
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 08:14 AM   #268
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Quite a lot, actually. Anything from Captain_Revo is gold. If you're german, I'd strongly recommend missions from Thaxx.

Generally, the user ratings are reliable indicators of quality.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 08:34 AM   #269
Captain_Amasov
Captain
 
Captain_Amasov's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Dev Blog #23 is now up!

It starts with a recap of what we already know (the early December push of the F2P build from Tribble to Holodeck), then continues its brief roadmap into February.

In short:
  • Holiday event from mid-Dec into the new year
  • 2-year anniversary event on Feb 2
  • Dominion FE series starts early Feb!
The Sao Paulo variant of the Defiant should come with the Dominion FE, as should the new Defiant interior pack. I'm looking forward to both, especially the latter.
Ouch, that's gonna start a few forest fires I feel.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2011, 11:41 AM   #270
Trek
Fleet Captain
 
Trek's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
For all you mission content addicts.
There is a new MUST PLAY foundry mission available.
"City of the Polmar Ree"

I won`t go into details here, it plays better unspoiled.
Let's just say it's from the guy who also made The Ramok Nor mission...
I saw the review of that on STOked this week. I need to check it out.

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Dev Blog #23 is now up!

It starts with a recap of what we already know (the early December push of the F2P build from Tribble to Holodeck), then continues its brief roadmap into February.

In short:
  • Holiday event from mid-Dec into the new year
  • 2-year anniversary event on Feb 2
  • Dominion FE series starts early Feb!
The Sao Paulo variant of the Defiant should come with the Dominion FE, as should the new Defiant interior pack. I'm looking forward to both, especially the latter.
Ouch, that's gonna start a few forest fires I feel.
I'm looking forward to the Sao Paulo and Defiant interiors too.

On the subject of content, I don't think that we've had as much of a non-C-Store content drought as people are making out (especially on the STO forums). Yes we haven't had any full missions, but there have been things released that are available to everyone (e.g. The Borg Encounters) and December will see a whole load of content coming across from Tribble, like the Doff system, Academy Game,Borg Invasion zone, etc.
__________________
TrekBBS Armada
STO Captains (@Trek88): Lex, Foxton, Zylah, Sh'Rrth, Riku, Saundra
Author: The Adventures of Argus
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.