Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 14 2011, 05:20 PM   #211
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Farscape First time watch thread....

Ah, thanks. I guess I just recall the bulk of it being in the boat and didn't register the pieces that fell in the water.

I thought Noranti looked different at times but chalked it up to things like Pilots' voice and Chiana's eyes.
I think I would've preferred Noranti as the spy since of all characters I liked hers the least.

Also, I forgot to ask if Stark is "whole" now. His face is sealed over. Did abosorbing the Eidolons power bring him the peace he gave to so many others?

Thanks for the info on the comics. In that case we need a Farscape movie to properly bring back D'Argo and his namesake!!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:23 PM   #212
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Many believe there is reason to believe Jool survived as well.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:25 PM   #213
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

How? Didn't we see the viewscreen with her blink out as the bomb hit? How would Jool survive? A time shift?
Old November 14 2011, 05:27 PM   #214
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
How? Didn't we see the viewscreen with her blink out as the bomb hit? How would Jool survive? A time shift?
It's been too long since I've seen it, but, there's reason to believe the bomb didn't actually hit the target (May have been an effects glitch, of course)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:53 PM   #215
RoJoHen
Awesome

Sindatur wrote: View Post
It's been too long since I've seen it, but, there's reason to believe the bomb didn't actually hit the target (May have been an effects glitch, of course)
Actually, the reason is that it might not have been a bomb at all. The way the weapon impacts the planet looks a lot like the Darnaz Probes from "What Was Lost," the probes that originally hid the Eidalons and their temple outside of time.
Old November 14 2011, 09:03 PM   #216
TiberiusMaximus
Fleet Captain

Location: A ship, a living ship, full of strange alien lifeforms.

But that doesn't make any sense, it was a Scarran weapon that destroyed the temple. It wasn't the Scarrans who originally hid the Eidolons, unless I missed something.
"Quite possibly, the five Jem'Hadar could turn Data into a collection of four spasming limbs, one helpless torso, and one head that shouts insults at them like the Black Knight from the Monty Python sketch." -Timo Saloniemi
TiberiusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 09:04 PM   #217
RoJoHen
Awesome

We don't know who originally hid the Eidolons. All Vala says is that they were "enemies of peace."

Sounds Scarren enough to me.
Old November 14 2011, 09:05 PM   #218
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Didn't the Eidolons still have the three probes? Maybe they reactivated them when the incoming weapons fire was detected.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2011, 10:02 PM   #219
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Sikozu was not originally meant to be the spy. It was going to be Noranti, but the actress was having issues with the makeup, so they reduced her role in PKW. If you look, there are actually two different actresses playing Noranti throughout the movie.
I don't know that it's confirmed that Noranti was originally the spy, rather than simply suspected, based on what is confirmed - that Noranti was originally going to have a bigger role until she had problems with the makeup. (She really was Zhaan 2.0.) Unless there's something I missed.

We don't know who originally hid the Eidolons. All Vala says is that they were "enemies of peace." Sounds Scarren enough to me.
I believe this is very likely the case.

Look at how the Eidolons set up their servant races. They created the Sebaceans to be their foot soldiers, and the Interons to be their scientists. Then look at the Scarrens. They recruited the Charrids to be their foot soldiers, and conquered the Kalish to be their scientists.

Almost as if they were trying to emulate them in some way. Sounds to me like the war was originally between the Eidolons and the Scarrens, and after the Scarrens won at Arnessk, removing most of the Eidolons from the picture, the Sebaceans took over the war.

Or here's a wacky idea that occurs to me just now. People go on about how the Scarrens kinda look like dinosaurs. What if they are dinosaurs? What if the Eidolons went and picked up some fearsome creatures to be their warriors even longer ago, but lost control of them and somehow created the Scarrens, who evolved over the millennia into the forms we see now? And in an attempt to correct their mistake, the Eidolons went back to the same primitive planet and picked up the latest dominant lifeform there for their next go round? Actually never thought of that before.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2011, 10:10 PM   #220
RoJoHen
Awesome

lvsxy808 wrote: View Post
Sikozu was not originally meant to be the spy. It was going to be Noranti, but the actress was having issues with the makeup, so they reduced her role in PKW. If you look, there are actually two different actresses playing Noranti throughout the movie.
I don't know that it's confirmed that Noranti was originally the spy, rather than simply suspected, based on what is confirmed - that Noranti was originally going to have a bigger role until she had problems with the makeup. (She really was Zhaan 2.0.) Unless there's something I missed.
I thought I read it in an interview somewhere, but I can't remember. Although it does make a lot of sense, especially since in "Bad Timing," Scorpius orders the "elder cook" to be brought aboard the next time they encounter Moya. I don't know why else he would be doing that if she wasn't supposed to be a spy.

Or here's a wacky idea that occurs to me just now. People go on about how the Scarrens kinda look like dinosaurs. What if they are dinosaurs? What if the Eidolons went and picked up some fearsome creatures to be their warriors even longer ago, but lost control of them and somehow created the Scarrens, who evolved over the millennia into the forms we see now? And in an attempt to correct their mistake, the Eidolons went back to the same primitive planet and picked up the latest dominant lifeform there for their next go round? Actually never thought of that before.

Wacky idea, indeed. But this is Farscape, so it probably would have worked. The Eidolons probably stole the Bird of Paradise flowers at the same time and somehow used them while genetically altering the dinosaurs.
Old November 15 2011, 11:30 PM   #221
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Well folks, my first time watch thread starts...tomorrow! Hope to hit it hard and fast over thanksgiving...
Old November 16 2011, 02:10 PM   #222
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^^
Welcome to the Uncharted Territories!!
Old November 17 2011, 02:50 AM   #223
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

^^^^
Funny enough, I am the one who STARTED this thread months ago, but got deep in Babylon 5 and forgot to keep watching farscape.
Old November 17 2011, 04:51 AM   #224
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
^^^^
Funny enough, I am the one who STARTED this thread months ago, but got deep in Babylon 5 and forgot to keep watching farscape.
They say you can't come home again but not in this instance!

I'm still waiting to get Babylon 5 at a price I want. I've gotten a few sets but not yet ready for a sit down viewing. My sci-fi project for next year is going to be all 10 seasons of SG-1 of which I've only seen a handful of episodes.
Old November 17 2011, 09:48 AM   #225
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

The Eidolons probably stole the Bird of Paradise flowers at the same time and somehow used them while genetically altering the dinosaurs.
My thoughts exactly, which I forgot to mention at the time but was thinking. It would certainly explain the rather massive coincidence that a flower extant on Earth happens to be the key to an alien species on the other side of the galaxy.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote