The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Best line in last night's show IMO. Andrea, " I cannot believe I shot Daryl." Dale, " I think you're being to hard on yourself, everyone has wanted to shoot Daryl one time or another." :lol:

2. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

I think Darryl meant Merle had the right idea about his wound being easier to bind once the arrow was out, that's how I understood it anyway,

Kytee

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This episode wasn't on On Demand yet this morning, so I didn't get to see it yet. Still no Sophia, I guess. Did we find out who was living in that house?

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I obviously need psychiatric help. :guffaw:
    By "that house," do you mean the whole farm property? Yes, yes we do. :eek:

5. RJDiogenes

No, I mean the house that Daryl found, where somebody was living in the closet-- maybe Sophia, or maybe not.

6. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the only house that was found resently was the farm house and don't go into the barn for sex. now daryl was traped in that ravine and found sophia's doll and was attacked by two zombie this week. other than that no other house was found.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In late October, Daryl was out looking for Sophia and found what appeared to be an abandoned house.

However, when he went in there were signs of human life, including a recently opened tin of sardines and a closet where a kid has (apparently) made up a bed.

Outside the house he found the flower (Cherokee Rose) he brought back for Sophia's mom.

8. Temis the Vorta

Oh, that house. Then no, we didn't find out. :D

The barn is far more interesting.

9. timothy

totaly right. and I so forgot about that scene.

red neck's will survive the the apocolypse.

10. RJDiogenes

Yes, a barn full of zombies is interesting. :rommie: I still want to know who is living in that house, though....

11. timothy

well have you read any of the comic yet?

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Please put comic spoilers in spoiler tags. Thanks! :)

13. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Let's start a poll on who gets accidentally shot next.

14. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK, now, I think they've carried the accidental shooting trope, and the accidental injury trope in general, far enough for the time being, thank you very much.

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously...it makes sense that a guy like Daryl would do as well as he seems to on the show. Even Rick and Shane had very little experience living off the land and/or surviving extreme hardships pre-plague. But for the zombies, this new world isn't that different than what Daryl was forced to live in his whole life.

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Another good episode, though even I am starting to feel like we need more than just a scrap of information on the Sophia situation now. From a creative standpoint, the show needs to have discovered her fate soon; this was episode four of the seven we're getting before the hiatus, after all.

Daryl has been getting into the group dynamic so well that I hope Carol's kindness to him keeps him from following hallucination Merle's insistence that he stop considering himself part of the group.

In this case, the comics aren't relevant to RJDiogenes's comment that he still wants to know who was in the house. Sophia was never lost like this in the comics.

Heh. Not only that, but someone should have yelled at Andrea for the noise that a gun shot makes. At the time, there didn't appear to be any zombies near the farm. Why risk changing that by using a gun when it wasn't necessary? After all, that was why Shane said they would need to find a place away from the farm for target practice.

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Technically, there's only been one so far, Carl. Rick wasn't accidentally shot, he was shot deliberately. So was Daryl, if you think about it. It's just that there was a misunderstanding involved.

Maybe we should start a poll on who gets deliberately shot next. So far that's Rick (almost twice), Otis, and Daryl. And Andrea wanted to shoot herself.

18. Temis the Vorta

That's not a comic spoiler, it was on the show. Or are you thinking of what's to come? (I have no idea, though it's not too hard to put two and two together at this point.)

If they're concerned about that, why is she on lookout with a gun in the first place? She waited to shoot until the guys inexplicably stopped in front of the zombie and didn't attack him. At that point, she might have wondered if they were in trouble - maybe they saw a wave of zombies in the woods behind the first and were in shock?

This may have to do with my opinion that it's insane to get close enough to a zombie to fight it hand-to-hand, especially if you are close to an area where other zombies might be hidden by trees etc.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

The next (if there is a next) series of Star Trek should explore the human condition as much as this show does.

What a feat, mixing zombie action with this kind of personal interaction without being a soap.

Too bad AMC can't do ST...

20. Temis the Vorta

But AMC is doing an alien-centric sci fi series, as it turns out. And I'm sure it will be exploring the human condition by contrasting people and their reactions to the entities and seeing their reaction - hope, fear, violence, madness, etc.

The name is terrible but that may change...