Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 14 2011, 01:06 PM   #31
Servo
Rear Admiral

Re: Charlie Brooker Black Mirror

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Servo wrote: View Post
Glad this and new 10 O'Clock Live are on the horizon. My life has been sadly devoid of televised Brooker for too long now.
Don't forget 2011Wipe. Brooker overload.
Awesome.

Off topic, but I've been meaning to ask, Bob; you bothering with DC Universe Online now it's free to play?
Old November 14 2011, 01:16 PM   #32
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Glad this and new 10 O'Clock Live are on the horizon. My life has been sadly devoid of televised Brooker for too long now.
Awesome.

Off topic, but I've been meaning to ask, Bob; you bothering with DC Universe Online now it's free to play?
I was thinking about it, but my internet connection is being so rubbish of late, and they're imposed a 5gb per day Fair Use so I can't even download the client.
Old November 14 2011, 01:31 PM   #33
Servo
Rear Admiral

Awesome.

I was thinking about it, but my internet connection is being so rubbish of late, and they're imposed a 5gb per day Fair Use so I can't even download the client.
That sucks mate, 'cause it's well worth it. Although, could you not download the client bit by bit and get it done a few gigs per day?

I'm actually surprised that places like Gamestation haven't been told to just give away any disc copies they still have lying around for free.
Old November 14 2011, 01:36 PM   #34
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

Awesome.

That sucks mate, 'cause it's well worth it. Although, could you not download the client bit by bit and get it done a few gigs per day?

I'm actually surprised that places like Gamestation haven't been told to just give away any disc copies they still have lying around for free.
Possibly but given how shite the connection is being I think it'll be too laggy to play once I'd got it installed. They keep promising it'll be fixed but all it seems to do it get better for a bit, then get crap again.
Old November 14 2011, 01:53 PM   #35
Servo
Rear Admiral

Virgin Media by any chance?
Old November 14 2011, 02:02 PM   #36
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

Nah, no cable in Hull. There's Kingston Communications and a bunch of Wireless suppliers. The one I'm on is supposed to be a minimum 10mbps with low ping and "unlimited" bandwidth, until they changed the FUP. But it's all over the place, up and down. Just ask Deckerd, she's tried talking to me on facebook and I'm constantly disconnecting. It's great when it works, complete shite when it doesn't.
Old November 14 2011, 02:08 PM   #37
Servo
Rear Admiral

No cable in Hull? Damn, it's nearly 2012, what's the hold up on that then?
Old November 14 2011, 02:28 PM   #38
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

No cable in Hull? Damn, it's nearly 2012, what's the hold up on that then?
Hull doesn't have BT, no BT no competition. Way back when the local authorities controlled the phone networks, when British Telecom was created all the councils gave up control to them, except in Hull were they decided to keep control and created Kingston Communications. So KC have a local monopoly, and though they still have to comply with the competition rules they make it as difficult as possible and no one really thinks it's worth the expense of kitting out the city for a slice of 100,000 homes or whatever it is.
Though KC have just started trialling fibre optic connections they've only done 5 high rises and 1 street in the city and parts of some villages outside. Apparently they're getting 50-80mbps connections on that. But their ADSL is a crippled mess at times with their traffic shaping, so I doubt their Fibre will be any better for any great deal of time.

And while I typed that my internet went down for 10 minutes.
Old November 14 2011, 02:46 PM   #39
Servo
Rear Admiral

Yup, that's the very definition of a shitty situation right there. How do you cope?
Old November 14 2011, 02:55 PM   #40
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

By shouting "Fucking stupid internet" every 10 minutes. Thinking of going back to KC, cos despite being slow and shite half the time it is at least reliable.
Old November 14 2011, 02:59 PM   #41
Servo
Rear Admiral

By shouting "Fucking stupid internet" every 10 minutes.

It's a pity you can't get some of that good ol' Yorkshire broadband from Plusnet. I've been hearing good things about their service.
Old November 14 2011, 03:34 PM   #42
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

I know, you don't know how disappointing it is every time you see an ad like that in Hull, then you realise you can't get it.
Old November 14 2011, 04:50 PM   #43
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

Nah, no cable in Hull. There's Kingston Communications and a bunch of Wireless suppliers. The one I'm on is supposed to be a minimum 10mbps with low ping and "unlimited" bandwidth, until they changed the FUP. But it's all over the place, up and down. Just ask Deckerd, she's tried talking to me on facebook and I'm constantly disconnecting. It's great when it works, complete shite when it doesn't.
You think someone in the government would do something about it.
Without a decent internet supplier it will be very hard for a area to
get business to set up there.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:00 PM   #44
Starkers
Admiral

Is this the reason Hull was named worst place in England a few years ago? (no offence I.m in Nottingham which I think was second!!)

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 05:29 PM   #45
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

Starkers wrote: View Post
Is this the reason Hull was named worst place in England a few years ago? (no offence I.m in Nottingham which I think was second!!)
Go Nottingham.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote