Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 4 2011, 01:42 AM   #211
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Re: SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Sutter is reportedly planning for seven seasons in all.

Kurt Sutter has more or less a seven-season plan in mind for Sons of Anarchy, assuming that the largess of FX allows him to go on that long.
That's from 2009, but the largess of FX shows no signs of abating, given the ratings. So, two seasons of SAMCRO at war with itself? Because by the end of this season, Jax and Clay will be at each others' throats.

And I hope Tara and the kids survive next week.

they did for the shild. and is'nt this like a shild spin off?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2011, 08:41 PM   #212
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I don't think this show has anything to do with The Shield.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2011, 09:00 PM   #213
timothy
Rear Admiral

the mayans were heavily used in the shild.

Old November 4 2011, 09:00 PM   #214
timothy
Rear Admiral

sorry for the double post.

Old November 5 2011, 01:28 AM   #215
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

At most, one could say that Sons of Anarchy and The Shield share a universe, since the Mayans and the One-Niners appeared in both, but I wouldn't call SOA a "spin-off." It's more along the lines of an homage, however, to Sutter's time on as a staff writer on The Shield.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2011, 10:09 PM   #216
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to share some good news...

Back on October 25th, Sutter tweeted the following:
Kurt Sutter wrote:
[#1] rough assembly of 413 is FUCKING HUGE. seriously, it's like 3 episodes of story. can't do a 2-hour finale (money-union thing). what to do?

[#2] can't extend our season, programming already set. maybe we get single advertiser to sponsor a 90 minute finale w/o commercials. c'mon HARLEY
Today we received an answer as to "what to do" - SOA will be airing a 14th episode this season!

Maureen Ryan wrote:
Given that the 'Sons' fourth-season saga will get another hour, the season finale will now air on Dec. 6, instead of Nov. 29. There's no word yet on whether the finale will be 90 minutes long, as some 'SOA' finales have been in the past.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2011, 09:45 AM   #217
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

I'm calling it now - Gemma kills Clay. I don't know when it will happen but, I'm sure that that is how it will go down.
Old November 9 2011, 03:51 AM   #218
timothy
Rear Admiral

I just hope tara comes out okay. clay deserves to get what's coming to him finally.
I just hope it's jax who's doing it not gemma.

Old November 9 2011, 05:07 AM   #219
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

That son of bitch, Clay!

I know he has done some terrible things in the past but what he did to Gemma was the worst. A part of me is saddened by this development because Clay and Gemma used to be such a tight, strong unit who confided in each other in a way they couldn't with anyone else. They were so much in love. But ever since the beginning of this season, they have been lying to each other, keeping secrets from each other, and betraying each other. The breakdown of their relationship reminds of the breakdown of Tony and Carmela's relationship in the Sopranos but unlike Tony with Carmela, Clay didn't punch his fist into a wall to keep him from beating the crap out of Gemma. I'm sorry that it took this brutal experience to give Gemma a wake-up call of what it needs to be done about Clay.

Right now, Tara is angry and depressed after losing the thing vital to her being an effective surgeon. I believe she will come out of this emotional state and when she does, I think it will be as a more stronger, darker version of herself, someone who fully embraces being an Old Lady and is ready to deliver some retribution aganist Clay when she finds out about his role in what happened to her. I think Wendy's return which was revealed in the promo may a role in that. Maybe she'll fight Tara for custody of her kid which would spring Tara into action.

I wonder how Clay is going to explain the bruises on his face and the bruises on Gemma's face. I don't think it all being an accident is going to fly.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 07:04 AM   #220
timothy
Rear Admiral

clay and the cartel need to die this season. no one needs to treat a woman or person like what he did to gemma and terra.

Old November 9 2011, 02:18 PM   #221
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

What if Gemma is the true Claudius figure of SOA? Clay was the one who killed J.T. but Gemma may be the one who manipulated Clay into doing the job, using his attraction to her and her own vulnerability to influence him. Though what Clay did to Gemma was terrible without a doubt, I think he is seeing Gemma for who she really is underneath. I think this series isn't going to end with a showdown between Jax and Clay, though I believe that will happen. I think it is going end with a showdown between Jax and Gemma. Clay is only there to fool the audience into thinking that he is the one pulling the strings and when the truth is, Gemma is the culprit.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 04:21 PM   #222
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Agreed. While Clay's assault on Gemma was inexcusable, she has plenty of blood and blame to be laid at her doorstep as well. If this is following along traditional Shakespearean/Greek Tragedy story-lines, justice should be served towards all guilty parties in the end, based on the severity of their transgressions.
Old November 10 2011, 10:04 PM   #223
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Wow, this is the best show on TV.

Tara is just in a funk now. Even if she never fully recovers the use of her hand, she still has plenty of knowledge and experience to still pursue a medical career and get her, Jax and the boys out of Charming. However, next week Jax will discover that he has a solid reason to stay.

I wonder what Ron Perlman thinks about the way the writers have taken Clay, into full villainy?
Old November 10 2011, 10:39 PM   #224
billcosby
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Wow, this is the best show on TV.
Agreed. As much as I enjoy other shows, when this one is on, I'm literally on the edge of my seat... I can actually feel something for these well crafted, excellently written characters and I can't say that for many other shows this year.

Thrilled to hear they could extend the finale into another episode!

I would be surprised if they killed off Clay or Tara too soon... I wonder if the show does go for three more years if it can fly without those two. Jax without Tara... Gemma without Clay. Hmmm. I dunno.

The one thing I love about this show is that they aren't afraid to kill characters off. And they do it properly... for example, in the first season Half-Sack, it seemed like an obvious plant that he would be there an eventually become a full member. Then when he was offed, it became clear this show was going to have balls moving forward with picking people off.

The bait and switch with Juice/Piney was pretty amazing!

Tara being central to Jax's character (would he have any grounding at all without her?) I can't imagine that they'd kill her off but it seems either she goes or Clay goes.

I don't know if it was an interview with Pearlman or a producer or something, but I remember reading that there was a specific reason for all the shit Clay does and that he is not "without redemption." Interesting.

It's nice to watch a show and be able to expect the unexpected.

Last edited by billcosby; November 10 2011 at 10:50 PM.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 12:12 AM   #225
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

The Emmys better notice this show this season, that's all I have to say!