RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,367
Posts: 5,356,183
Members: 24,625
Currently online: 640
Newest member: 3d gird

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 1 2011, 03:00 AM   #1636
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

1) I read The Making of Deep Space Nine too, and I think you're missing the point of the "cheap chicken" anecdote. You are taking a gag from Berman's working relationship with Piller as writers and trying to use it as evidence to discredit the guy. That's not academically fair, it is intellectually dishonest and frankly, it reeks of lazy thinking on your part. Is this the best you can do to defend your point? Is this the most salient argument you have to support your claim?

2) You are still providing me with your opinions about Enterprise. I am not questioning your opinions, despite disagreeing with them. I am however challenging your assertions --which you are presuming and perpetuating as fact, solely because you didn't like the product he was producing-- and asking you for hard, legit sources to back up your so-far-spurious claims.

If you can't back up your shit though, man up and just admit it - you didn't like the show. That's no reason to cast aspersions on the people who worked hard to produce that show, whether you liked it or not, never mind the fact that we are sitting here, six years after the show wrapped arguing about its merit.

If you're going to go down the tired, one-note road of Berman bashing, at least have the stones to admit to it.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 03:05 AM   #1637
xortex
Commodore
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Was the show not dark in it's color schemes?

Did not Berman get the cheap chicken because it was cheap?
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 03:23 AM   #1638
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

I'm not disputing that the show's color palette was darker. I'm not disputing that the chicken was cheap.

I am taking issue with your asserting your opinions as facts, when you have no solid information to back them up as such.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 03:43 AM   #1639
dayxday1000
Lieutenant Commander
 
dayxday1000's Avatar
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

^^^^ whatever....

I like the way the Tholian face can be seen along with the Tholian ships. I'm guessing the screen grab is in the middle of a fade? Thanks again for the sneak peek!
dayxday1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 03:44 AM   #1640
xortex
Commodore
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

I said he probably made it devoid of color to save money because to me his stingy sure footed approach would lend itself to not taking any extravagant risks such as color as standing out could get your show cancelled sooner. Since he ran the show and his vision was what we were seeing it would make sense that he might take the cheap chicken approach. What makes you think that saving money is a bad thing anyway, and being stingy as well as greedy? Now I'm making a joke, but your point is extremely intangential. Is that a word? How about indifferential?

Last edited by xortex; November 1 2011 at 08:00 AM.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 04:11 AM   #1641
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon
 
T'Bonz's Avatar
 
Location: Across the Neutral Zone
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Hey guys, this place is supposed to be for fan productions, not to complain about various series or those involved.

Thanks.
__________________
Live long and suffer! - Ancient Romulan greeting.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 06:41 AM   #1642
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

You're absolutely right, T'Boo. I won't derail the thread any further.

My sincere apologies, everyone.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 07:24 AM   #1643
xortex
Commodore
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Did you ever try to apoligize to a dog? Now think about how much worse humans are than animals. I still don't feel bad. Though once when I sent a letter in to Enterprise telling them how a few of their eps should have went better I did get a call from what sounded like Braga but probably wasn't saying he agreed with me but if I only knew how fragile his ego was(Berman). Obviously Braga was carrying him on his back. It was a harmless letter saying how I could have improved the show had they heeded my pitches instead of running them over. That made me feel like the dog getting apologized to but enough of this, hey, did they ever finish that last Exeter film, and will they be making any more?
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 07:42 AM   #1644
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

dayxday1000 wrote: View Post
^^^^ whatever....

I like the way the Tholian face can be seen along with the Tholian ships. I'm guessing the screen grab is in the middle of a fade? Thanks again for the sneak peek!
Technically a dissolve the viewer, but, yep!
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010

Last edited by Maurice Navidad; November 1 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 04:00 PM   #1645
Captain Atkin
Commander
 
Captain Atkin's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

xortex wrote: View Post
Did you ever try to apoligize to a dog? Now think about how much worse humans are than animals. I still don't feel bad. Though once when I sent a letter in to Enterprise telling them how a few of their eps should have went better I did get a call from what sounded like Braga but probably wasn't saying he agreed with me but if I only knew how fragile his ego was(Berman). Obviously Braga was carrying him on his back. It was a harmless letter saying how I could have improved the show had they heeded my pitches instead of running them over. That made me feel like the dog getting apologized to but enough of this, hey, did they ever finish that last Exeter film, and will they be making any more?
Wow.

Anyways, back to Starship Exeter...
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 04:02 PM   #1646
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Hey! Number6 stole my line!

And there are Tholians in this episode?! Someone has got to invent spoiler tags!

(See, Maurice, no good deed goes unpunished. And I'm here to see that it stays that way.)

But ... Tholians! I can't wait 'till this is finished!
__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 04:28 PM   #1647
xortex
Commodore
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

B'Fusilik was a stinking Tholian!
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 05:52 PM   #1648
dayxday1000
Lieutenant Commander
 
dayxday1000's Avatar
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post
dayxday1000 wrote: View Post
^^^^ whatever....

I like the way the Tholian face can be seen along with the Tholian ships. I'm guessing the screen grab is in the middle of a fade? Thanks again for the sneak peek!
Technically a dissolve the viewer, but, yep!
Yes...dissolve. Sorry, the brain thought one thing and the fingers typed another.
dayxday1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 07:38 PM   #1649
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon
 
T'Bonz's Avatar
 
Location: Across the Neutral Zone
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Is there a reason that you needed to continue on after I stepped in and told people to get back on track?

Don't do it again. I won't be lenient next time.

xortex wrote: View Post
Did you ever try to apoligize to a dog? Now think about how much worse humans are than animals. I still don't feel bad. Though once when I sent a letter in to Enterprise telling them how a few of their eps should have went better I did get a call from what sounded like Braga but probably wasn't saying he agreed with me but if I only knew how fragile his ego was(Berman). Obviously Braga was carrying him on his back. It was a harmless letter saying how I could have improved the show had they heeded my pitches instead of running them over. That made me feel like the dog getting apologized to but enough of this, hey, did they ever finish that last Exeter film, and will they be making any more?
__________________
Live long and suffer! - Ancient Romulan greeting.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2011, 09:40 PM   #1650
xortex
Commodore
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

When you're always right, your always right. Now Shnell!! Get back, back to work! Not you T'Boo.

I'll be back in another ten years. The feurer expects progress.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.