RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,657
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 510
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 25 2011, 02:42 PM   #76
Jetfire

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

I like Rebekah...I prefer her over Caroline now.
Old October 25 2011, 03:44 PM   #77
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Rebekah just strikes me as Klaus with boobs.

Perhaps she is not as deadly as her brother, but she is definitely as petulant. How many entitled, self-absorbed characters can one show take? We already have Damon, Klaus and now Stefan.

Granted Elena, Jeremy, Bonnie, etc. fall into the I will die for the good of the cause nitwit pile, and that can be just as annoying.

The only person that is semi-normal in the batch is Ric, and he has a drinking problem which is fine by me.
Old October 25 2011, 04:08 PM   #78
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

caroline is still hotter than rebbeca. looking forward to this weeks episode.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 07:20 PM   #79
Jetfire

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 7 “Ghost World” Official Description 8PM EDT The CW!

NIGHT OF ILLUMINATION --- As Mystic Falls prepares to celebrate the traditional Illumination Night, the town is invaded by spirits of the dead. After a particularly violent encounter with an angry spirit, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) asks Bonnie (Kat Graham) to find the reason behind the ghosts' surprising power. Elena (Nina Dobrev) convinces Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to use his connection to the other side to help her find a new way to reach Stefan (Paul Wesley), leading Jeremy to a terrible choice. Finally, Alaric (Matt Davis) discovers a long-hidden clue to the past. Candice Accola and Zach Roerig also star. David Jackson directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine (#307).
http://www.ksitetv.com/8697/the-vamp...l-description/

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x07 - Ghost World [HD]

Looks fun!
Old October 27 2011, 11:47 PM   #80
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

I don't want spirts of the dead, I want a zombie attack or a proper poltergiest.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 03:12 AM   #81
Jetfire

Meh. All the good stuff happened toward the end...next week looks better.
Old October 28 2011, 02:08 PM   #82
FreezeC77
Commodore

Twilight Sparkle wrote: View Post
Meh. All the good stuff happened toward the end...next week looks better.
I like the idea that Vikings originally settled in Mystic Falls 1000 years ago. It makes no sense since the Vikings were all up in the northeast and not in Virginia, but hey it sounds cool...

Maybe they can tie it into the missing colony of Roanoke in a future episode and have whoever the Vikings abandoned in America without a way to get back to Europe eventually find out through the natives several hundred years later about new settlers and then use that opportunity to use their ships.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2011, 01:25 PM   #83
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I liked the ep, but it was kind of slow. I was happy that Anna and Pearl were reunited, and Bonnie got to see Grams one more time.

I got a kick out of Uncle Mason and Damon as the dynamic duo. Ghost Mason just wanted to give Tyler a better shot in life, sappy but sweet.

Caroline has probably become Mrs Lockwood's favorite Tyler girlfriend!

It will be great to finally get some concrete information on the origins of Klaus, Elijah, Rebecca and family.

I paused the previews and looked at the notes - I believe they read - witch - vampire - wolf attack.

It appears that Rebecca was strangling someone that looked like Elena/Catherine. The original Petrova perhaps?
Old October 31 2011, 03:27 PM   #84
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

My favorite characters who have died are Mason, Lexi, and Grams, I was really bummed when each of them died, so, this was awesome to be able to see all 3 of them again.

And yea, it was really sweet seeing Anna and Pearl reunited. As much sweetness and "happy endings" as we got in this episode though, I think we viewers are in for a really rough ride, these last few episodes (I assume it'll be 10 and a break as usual?)

And yea, Mama Lockwood, if she doesn't love Caroline now, she's a true moron. It was funny seeing Alaric play hard to get with Damon

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2011, 05:56 PM   #85
Kosh Naranek
Captain

So I have a Q - Did Lexi use mind control to make Stefan feel he had progressed that far in time? She was counting off months, etc without blood. I assume she was sobering him up in a hurry because of the spell, but how was she doing that?

He mentioned that it took her ten years to straighten him out after Chicago.

I liked Uncle Mason. It was nice that at least one male Lockwood did not appear to be a total tool.

I wonder if they are going to kill all of the originals or just Klaus? I would not mind seeing Rebecca getting another silver stake in the heart.

I would like to keep Elijah though. He seems to be the only member of that family that was/is not a vapid bore.

Still intrigued by Michael.
Old November 3 2011, 07:25 PM   #86
Jetfire

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 8 “Ordinary People” Official Description Tonight at 8PM on The CW!

THE ORIGINAL FAMILY --- With help from Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham), Alaric (Matt Davis) tries to decipher the meaning behind his recent discovery Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) engage in a mean-girl power struggle, until Rebekah finally reveals some of her family's ancient secrets and the violent past she shares with Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies). Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tries a reckless new approach to make a breakthrough with Stefan (Paul Wesley), and they're both surprised by an unlikely ally. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode with teleplay by Caroline Dries & Julie Plec and story by Nick Wauters (#308).
http://www.ksitetv.com/8990/the-vamp...l-description/

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x08 - Ordinary People (HD)

I wasn't feeling last week...this one looks great though.
Old November 4 2011, 03:15 AM   #87
Jetfire

Great ep! This would have been one for Temis to watch. I still like Rebekah...and I so called it on Michael being the daddy of the originals! Next week looks like a great way to go into the break.
Old November 4 2011, 05:12 AM   #88
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Rebekkah was even less vapid in this one. I could actually feel threatened by her.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2011, 05:19 AM   #89
Dream
Admiral

I liked the episode, though it was a huge information dump on the original family. We found out pretty much everything. I wished some more things had happend in Mystic Falls though.

Looks like Mikael wants revenge/justice for his dead wife. The actor, Sebastian Roche has played a shapeshifter, an angel and a vampire. What else will he play next?

I really like the Rebekah actress, hoping she sticks around for a long time.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2011, 03:26 PM   #90
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Last night was a lot of information to process and it left me with a few questions.

1. So, did werewolves first appear in the New World as part of a Viking settlement? That is just what I assume from what was said about the witches seeing a strong race living in the New World, and Alaric mentioning that it was Viking script on the cave walls.
2. The original family fled due to plague. Are we to assume it was the Bubonic plague or some unknown menance? If it was Bubonic, that does not seem to jive with the timeline. Unless we assume the Viking/wolves were living in the New World since they went a Viking and just plopped there far from Europe for a long time?
3. We see Klaus and Elijah in Europe aroud the 14th/15th century and that corresponds well with plague times. However, by that time they were aware of the doppelganger curse and were working to get everyone and his brother looking for the moon stone via the madeup Inca curse of the sun and moon. Are we to assume they knew that Incas were going to become common knowledge? Because no one in the West was supposed to "know" about them until the late 1400s/ early 1500s. Maybe they compelled Ferdinand and Isabella to send ships out?
- Also, one would assume it would take the family Petrova a few generations to spit out a doppelganger.
4. How does the original Petrova fit into this? Mama lays on the curse. One assumes she did it via the original woman in the Viking settlement. But Petrova sounds to be an Eastern European name. Did the family flee to escape Klaus?
5. Did Rebecca, Klaus and Elijah hunt down the wolves to protect themselves? (Catherine mentions that the werewolves had been relegated to legend almost.) They are scarce.
6. I assume Elijah turns on Klaus because he finds out that Klaus killed mommy dearest? Or Perhaps he just gets sick and tired of Klaus coffining everyone?
7. I guess Michael is ready to kill his children because he blames them for Esther's death?
8. If Esther was the original witch did she train other witches?
9. Why are "modern" vamps and werewolves so clueless. One can assume the wolves were so hunted and scattered that it broke down their communication. However, that does not explain why the vamps did not pass on a little history to one another once in a while.
10. Finally, how did Pearl know that Michael was entombed in Charlotte? He was entombed in there in the 90s and Pearl herself was dessicating in a tomb at that time. Did she just find out when she got out? That does not explain why Catherine said that Pearl never told her about Michael. Maybe Pearl was just that old and in the know but it bugs me. Catherine did not see Pearl post tomb did she?

I guess Klaus would not be able to rest easy at any point with Michael chasing him. That may explain why vampires were never able to rise to power. You needed to keep hopping to keep MyKill at bay. He seems to hate all the undead and will stake them if he has got them.