Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 27 2011, 07:46 PM   #181
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Re: SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Eventually, Gemma and Clay are going to have a scene in which they talk out all the crap they have been doing behind each other's back that they know or suspect they are doing. I can't wait to see it.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 08:06 PM   #182
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

The preview for next week shows Gemma saying something like "Clay must have done this", probably to Unser, and she didn't look happy about it. Don't know if it's because Clay did it, or if he did it and didn't tell her. She should know better anyway - their relationship and the relationships with others in the club are generally predicated on lies. I always find that most amusing and equally frustrating about people who are pathological liars. They can say all the lies they want to everyone else and justify why they do it. Lie to them or simply not tell them something...? BOY! You'd have thought you just shot their favorite dog.
Old October 27 2011, 09:35 PM   #183
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

I love the fact that there was a human head in the chilli fed to the cops.
I can't wait for the confrontation between jax and clay. when jax finds out that clay put the hit out on tara.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 12:34 AM   #184
Mister Johnson
Ensign

Who's body was in the truck that was wearing a jacket similar to Piney's? I was confused by that.
Mister Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 01:32 AM   #185
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Mister Johnson wrote: View Post
Who's body was in the truck that was wearing a jacket similar to Piney's? I was confused by that.
Those were the Mayans whose heads were lopped off and one ended up in the chili. Though I thought I saw "Men of Mayhem" on one jacket - is that just some general badass gang slogan that both SAMCRO and Mayans use?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 02:37 AM   #186
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

You did, as well as a "President" patch above the "Men of Mayhem" one. That body belonged to Armando, the President of SAMTAZ, the Tucson chapter of the club.

It's also not a "general badass gang slogan" - it specifically means that the member wearing such a patch has killed for the club. It's a sign of respect and loyalty, which is why Clay gave one to Juice in the previous episode.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 04:06 PM   #187
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I believe they're called "The Filthy Few" in some real-life clubs.
Old October 28 2011, 04:28 PM   #188
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

After doing some Googling, it looks like you're definitely right. The always-reliable Wiki says that the Hells Angels, for example, use that phrase. Some cursory Googling does only seem to pull up "Men of Mayhem" specifically in reference to Sons of Anarchy, so it looks like that might not be a real-life phrase, just the show's version of "The Filthy Few."
Old October 28 2011, 07:18 PM   #189
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

So the heads were all SAMTAZ and not Mayans? I can't keep track of the corpses in this show.
Old October 28 2011, 07:42 PM   #190
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I'd have to watch the scene again, but Armando was the only non-Mayan that I noticed.
Old October 28 2011, 11:26 PM   #191
timothy
Rear Admiral

well the body count has definetly gone up and club is split not a good sighn.
and I am glad juice's suicide attempt failed. I wonder what the fall out is going to be on that.

Old October 29 2011, 03:29 AM   #192
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Random thought du jour: what if the writers had made Juice's big secret that he's gay, not that he's half-black?

This would solve the "are you guys BLIND" problem that Juice's skin tone points to him being nonwhite, hello. I can't see Jax and Opie giving a shit about Juice's race (and it's a stretch even for the older generation to think they're racist), but I could see everyone in SAMCRO being at least somewhat homophobic, and I could see some of them being violent homophobes who would threaten Juice's life if they knew the truth. So that would remove the plausibility issue that's been dogging this plotline.

Why wouldn't a closeted gay man decide he'd like to be a member of a motorcycle gang just as much as a straight guy would? He'd just figure he'll put on an act. Forever. Then Potter finds out some details of his past and uses Roosevelt to blackmail the guy. Same basic plot, but less of a stretch for us to believe.
Old October 29 2011, 03:32 AM   #193
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I prefer that over the secret of him being half-black.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2011, 04:30 AM   #194
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Random thought du jour: what if the writers had made Juice's big secret that he's gay, not that he's half-black?

This would solve the "are you guys BLIND" problem that Juice's skin tone points to him being nonwhite, hello. I can't see Jax and Opie giving a shit about Juice's race (and it's a stretch even for the older generation to think they're racist), but I could see everyone in SAMCRO being at least somewhat homophobic, and I could see some of them being violent homophobes who would threaten Juice's life if they knew the truth. So that would remove the plausibility issue that's been dogging this plotline.

Why wouldn't a closeted gay man decide he'd like to be a member of a motorcycle gang just as much as a straight guy would? He'd just figure he'll put on an act. Forever. Then Potter finds out some details of his past and uses Roosevelt to blackmail the guy. Same basic plot, but less of a stretch for us to believe.
If they made it that he was gay instead of black it would be boring because they would automatically kill him. OTOH, the race issue held some possibility because the club may have been willing to change for this member they have known.

If Juice had been straight up with them about the Roosevelt situation there would have been a chance for something interesting to happen to the club.

But, given the current state of progress in our society, a gay man has zero chance in a club like SOA. And therefore, zero chance in this show. There are gradations of tolerance in this American society and blacks are farther along than gays. Simple as that.
Old November 2 2011, 04:05 PM   #195
timothy
Rear Admiral

well the sheriff got what was coming to him thanks to juice. and after last night's episode I don't think that the son's are raceist at all. look what jax did in that warehouse.