New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 27 2011, 09:34 PM   #136
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

A single guy with a decent hunting rifle, good vantage point, and a couple dozen boxes of ammo could easily take out hundreds upon hundreds of them.
A single guy can't watch his own back. At the very least, people should travel in groups and while one person does the sniping, one or two others serve as lookouts.

That's why I can't believe Otis was out there hunting on his own. To hunt, you need to concentrate your focus on your prey. How can you do that, worrying that something else is concentrating on you as prey?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 09:47 PM   #137
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Caught up with this show today after reading the first 12 volumes of the comic series.

Love Daryl as an addition, he's a much more interesting character than I figured at first. And surely at some point Merle's gonna come back and be a problem?

The only real disappointment I have with this show is its version of Andrea - she's such a piss-poor reflection of the comics Andrea.

Last edited by Kestrel; October 27 2011 at 10:56 PM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 10:25 PM   #138
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Almost everybody is actually behaving like an adult.
And isn't it refreshing to have a show like that? Even Carl is mature for his years. (I haven't seen enough of Sophia to get a read on her, but she's certainly no brat.)

When the characters behave "badly" (Andrea's attitude problem), they're usually justified. She's annoyed at being deprived of a much easier way of committing suicide than she's likely to run into in the foreseeable future, and she's gotta be LIVID that she didn't have a gun with her when the zombie came outta nowhere. I would be all up in Dale's face about that, but Andrea just disappeared into the RV. She's being nicer about it than I would be.

And what the hell was so interesting about the school to keep them there, anyway?
Maybe zombies just mill around the place they died unless something sets them off migrating. There were soldiers and a guy in a FEMA jacket among the zombies.
Andrea actually gave Dale a very pissed off look. And I was thinking, whoa, waitaminute, now you're pissed off because a Zombie attacked you, when you were pissed off about being alive still alst week Make up your mind woman.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 11:21 PM   #139
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

That zombie couldn't have attacked her if she had blown up with the CDC.

Given the situation, I'm not inclined to criticize anyone for being irrational.
Old October 27 2011, 11:25 PM   #140
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

That zombie couldn't have attacked her if she had blown up with the CDC.

Given the situation, I'm not inclined to criticize anyone for being irrational.
Eh...with that bag of drugs, I'm sure there's something in there she could overdose on, if she still wants out. I can still easily forgive her, if she straightens up, but, I don't think much of her this season so far.

Old October 27 2011, 11:36 PM   #141
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Almost everybody is actually behaving like an adult.
And isn't it refreshing to have a show like that? Even Carl is mature for his years. (I haven't seen enough of Sophia to get a read on her, but she's certainly no brat.)

When the characters behave "badly" (Andrea's attitude problem), they're usually justified. She's annoyed at being deprived of a much easier way of committing suicide than she's likely to run into in the foreseeable future, and she's gotta be LIVID that she didn't have a gun with her when the zombie came outta nowhere. I would be all up in Dale's face about that, but Andrea just disappeared into the RV. She's being nicer about it than I would be.

And what the hell was so interesting about the school to keep them there, anyway?
Maybe zombies just mill around the place they died unless something sets them off migrating. There were soldiers and a guy in a FEMA jacket among the zombies.
Andrea actually gave Dale a very pissed off look. And I was thinking, whoa, waitaminute, now you're pissed off because a Zombie attacked you, when you were pissed off about being alive still alst week Make up your mind woman.
I figured she was still pissed that she had not gotten her gun back yet.
Old October 27 2011, 11:46 PM   #142
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Eh...with that bag of drugs, I'm sure there's something in there she could overdose on, if she still wants out.
But she has to actually take the pills. And when it comes down to it, she might not be able to. The CDC explosion was a nice passive way to kill herself.

She should tell Dale to make it up to her by shooting her in the head.
Old October 27 2011, 11:54 PM   #143
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Eh...with that bag of drugs, I'm sure there's something in there she could overdose on, if she still wants out.
But she has to actually take the pills. And when it comes down to it, she might not be able to. The CDC explosion was a nice passive way to kill herself.

She should tell Dale to make it up to her by shooting her in the head.
I can't imagine doing either myself, but, if I had to die, the idea of drifting off to sleep is much less unappealing sounding then getting blown up (yea, she probably wouldn't feel anything in that explosion, but, it sounds much more horrific than drifting off to sleep)

If she can't bring herself to take the pills, then she obviously doesn't want to die as bad as she claims, so she needs to buck up and get over it.

IMHO, of course

Old October 28 2011, 12:00 AM   #144
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

for those who love the comic book there is a novel out which deals with the govener and his life leading into the zombie apocolypse. and it's on the nook.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 01:18 AM   #145
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

This all wouldn't be a problem if it was the real Andrea. The one that after grieving Amy's death (and finding comfort in Dale's arms) becomes a badass sureshot and the most well-adapted of them all.
Old October 28 2011, 01:35 AM   #146
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
This all wouldn't be a problem if it was the real Andrea. The one that after grieving Amy's death (and finding comfort in Dale's arms) becomes a badass sureshot and the most well-adapted of them all.
Maybe they just want to increase the dramatic contrast between now and when they finally develop the character to that point.
Old October 28 2011, 03:46 PM   #147
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Maybe they just want to increase the dramatic contrast between now and when they finally develop the character to that point.
Yeah she wasn't really badass until

For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2011, 06:12 PM   #148
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Possible I suppose, but I have my doubts. We'll see.

TheBoo wrote: View Post
Yeah she wasn't really badass until

Never as much as Rick or Tyrese, let alone Michonne, but I'm pretty sure her skill with a gun was established fairly early on.
Old October 28 2011, 07:24 PM   #149
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^Yeah, she was the "go to" sniper for the group from pretty early on from what I remember.
Old October 28 2011, 08:39 PM   #150
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't mind Andrea evolving to be more badass - the female characters so far are a bit lacking in that regards, annoyingly - but I definitely want to see a natural evolution. She can't just be a badass sniper right away. I want to see her get from Point A to Point B.

If it takes this entire season, that seems like the right pacing for a show with strong ratings that could go on for many seasons. Character development needs to be paced to match the likely duration of the story. I'm thinking we can get five or six strong seasons.