Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 23 2011, 10:42 AM   #1546
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

SMS is pretty cool. Check out the original Phantasy Star, really blew away the original Final Fantasy IMO. Oh, and Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. That game is badass if my 20 year old memories can be trusted. Unlike the NES version, the SMS version of Ghostbusters was actually fun in my opinion.

I played all my Sega Master System via the Power Base Converter, which is an ugly old thing that plugs into the original models of the Sega Genesis and has a slot for both SMS cartridges and the little card games as well.
Old October 23 2011, 12:36 PM   #1547
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I just bought Freedom Force yesterday so I've started playing that, seems pretty cool so far.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2011, 01:56 PM   #1548
BigFoot
Admiral

I started playing Shadow of the Colossus HD yesterday.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2011, 06:09 PM   #1549
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
SMS is pretty cool. Check out the original Phantasy Star, really blew away the original Final Fantasy IMO. Oh, and Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. That game is badass if my 20 year old memories can be trusted. Unlike the NES version, the SMS version of Ghostbusters was actually fun in my opinion.
I don't like RPGs, so Phantasy Star is out. The Wonder Boy series is definitely on my list of games to buy, but I want to get Wonder Boy in Monster Land first. I also have Ghostbusters, but I haven't played it yet. I'll give it a shot with a open mind. I'd say my favourite games for the system so far are Master of Darkness and Golvellius.

I played all my Sega Master System via the Power Base Converter, which is an ugly old thing that plugs into the original models of the Sega Genesis and has a slot for both SMS cartridges and the little card games as well.
Yeah, I looked into getting that too, but it was about the same price as the Master System. I'm something of a collector, so I'd rather own the original system even if it costs a little bit more.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2011, 07:09 AM   #1550
katrina

Am playing the game Company of Heroes, fully action packed game....
Old October 24 2011, 11:51 AM   #1551
AlexisKarol

Currently I’m playing Call of duty modern warfare 2 and F.E.A.R both are my favorite video games.
Old October 25 2011, 07:54 AM   #1552
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Yoda wrote: View Post

Oooooh, I loved Wonder Boy III! Oddly enough, I don't remember it being called "The Dragons Trap". I googled it and sure enough it was.

Loved this game. Loved the shape changing and the "dimensional" doors....at least I think they were, or maybe I just imagined they were.

Also recall playing the crap out of Phantasy Star 2 & 3....though I never played the original. Loved them both.
Old October 25 2011, 08:11 AM   #1553
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

The Lensman wrote: View Post
Oooooh, I loved Wonder Boy III! Oddly enough, I don't remember it being called "The Dragons Trap". I googled it and sure enough it was.
Well there's actually two Wonder Boy III's, so you might not have played Dragon's Trap. Yup, it's another Final Fantasy III.

There's Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap that was only on the Master System (and the TG-16) and there's also Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair which is on both the Master System and the Genesis.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2011, 10:49 PM   #1554
YorkieDixie
Lieutenant Commander

Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Old October 27 2011, 12:41 PM   #1555
Seventh White Boomer
Rear Admiral

After seeing the praise for Arkham City I got a cheap copy of Arkham Asylum and just started. It is also holding me over until UC3 comes out.
Seventh White Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 01:51 PM   #1556
BigFoot
Admiral

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Old October 27 2011, 01:58 PM   #1557
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

As of late, I'm glad if I get the occasional 30 minutes of grinding Halo: Reach credits in. I still need to make Commander to impress my younger cousin

Listen to my advice, don't get involved with women - not all of them will suck the life and/or money out of you, but they will take your time. You might be lucky enough to find one that is into videogames, but even then you will never, ever get to play as much as before Of course, that's not a bad thing at all.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 05:55 PM   #1558
Jax
Admiral

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Not out here till wednesday I HATE YOU

Got Battlefield 3 today and single player is alright though online is having major issues at moment due to disconnection errors due to servers running old versions of Punkbuster --- old mug here updated my pb.

If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2011, 06:22 PM   #1559
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Well it's released next week over here as well, but I found a local store that was shipping it early.
Old October 28 2011, 12:08 PM   #1560
Lonemagpie
Writer

Lego Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures on freeplay, trying to unlock the bonus levels...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote