Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2011, 03:47 AM   #61
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

I was worried about this season but tonight's episode was pretty good. I'm glad they are finally bringing a vampire hunter on the show. I've been waiting to see that for a while. That council Damon infiltrated wasn't cutting it for me. I've been wanting to see a Bladesque hunter.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2011, 07:52 AM   #62
Jetfire

I am hoping this Michael is badass. Since he is a vampire who hunts vampires and Klaus & Rebecca are afraid of him...could he be their father?

Last edited by love like winter; October 16 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old October 17 2011, 02:17 PM   #63
Kosh Naranek
Captain

This last ep really picked things up.

Rebecca really annoys me for some reason. Klaus was bratty enough and her being spoiled and vapid just irks me.

I do like that Klaus' motivation was somewhat explained. He does not want to end up alone, vampires with family issues! I guess he felt like an outsider in the family, but that does not fully explain why they all turned on one another. I wonder if they will show us what made Klaus put the 1st family member in a coffin?

What keeps Katherine interesting for me is that she seems to see the bigger picture. Yes she is self-centered, but survival is what is important people. (It also cracked me up that Damon just left Jeremy with Katherine to go tomb raiding.)

I must give Paul Wesley props. He is doing a great job with Stefan. Stefan always bored me as the "good" brother, but the Klaus story arc has allowed us to see Stefan in something other than brood mode. Stefan popping back up at the family home and telling Elena not worry she was under his protection made me laugh out loud.

I am intrigued by Michael and his back story.

The entire cast got to come out and play this week. They even gave poor Matt something to do.

I wonder. Could they now use Tyler's and Elena's blood to create more hybrids?
Old October 17 2011, 04:05 PM   #64
js
Captain

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
(It also cracked me up that Damon just left Jeremy with Katherine to go tomb raiding.)
I thought that was great - it's the perfect example that no matter how "noble" Damon's intentions are/continue to become, he still never thinks things through as a responsible adult. He still just acts on impulse like the child that he is.
Old October 20 2011, 06:33 PM   #65
Jetfire

Vampire Diaries #3.6 “Smells Like Teen Spirit” Description Tonight at 8PM The CW!

WELCOME BACK, SENIORS --- On the first day of their senior year, Elena (Nina Dobrev), Caroline (Candice Accola), Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Matt (Zach Roerig) are still reeling from recent events, while Tyler (Michael Trevino) seems to be enjoying everything a little too much. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is annoyed by a new houseguest, and everyone is surprised by the arrival of a new student in Alaric's (Matt Davis) history class. Matt asks Bonnie for help when he realizes he made a serious mistake. Meanwhile, Stefan (Paul Wesley) continues to carry out his latest assignment from Klaus (Joseph Morgan, who does not appear in the episode). Steven R. McQueen also stars. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Caroline Dries (#306).
http://www.ksitetv.com/8538/vampire-...t-description/

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x06 - Smells Like Teen Spirit [HD]

Looks good!
Old October 20 2011, 07:57 PM   #66
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

js wrote: View Post
Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
(It also cracked me up that Damon just left Jeremy with Katherine to go tomb raiding.)
I thought that was great - it's the perfect example that no matter how "noble" Damon's intentions are/continue to become, he still never thinks things through as a responsible adult. He still just acts on impulse like the child that he is.
Given Michael's stated MO, it's more likely that Jeremy will survive the expedition and Katherine won't.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2011, 03:18 AM   #67
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

I love'd the buffy pun damon is great. I am so looking forward to michael and his flashback origin. season 3 has been awesome.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2011, 03:33 AM   #68
Jetfire

Yeah very cute with Damon and the whole Buffy & Warrior Princess remarks. Michael feeds on vampires? I see Kat making it out though. The whole ghost thing is a bit meh...but we know some witch or more has it in for Klaus. This ep was ok...cool that Ric is helping/training Elena.
Old October 21 2011, 03:36 AM   #69
timothy
Rear Admiral

we really need some flash back episode with klaus and the first witch and this michael thing. do you think he's an original?

Old October 21 2011, 03:40 AM   #70
Jetfire

I was thinking he was Klaus & Rebekah's father. But who knows...he is powerful.
Old October 21 2011, 03:43 AM   #71
timothy
Rear Admiral

I so can see that. I am thinkng of starting the novels have you read any of them yet?

Old October 21 2011, 03:44 AM   #72
Jetfire

No. But I know people who have and say they are pretty good and The Secret Circle novels too...so they might be worth checking out.
Old October 21 2011, 03:45 AM   #73
timothy
Rear Admiral

cool thanks and I know they are all on the nook. can't wait till next week.

Old October 21 2011, 04:11 PM   #74
js
Captain

What I love most about this show is that at the very end of every episode I find myself shouting at the TV "OMG NO WAY! THEY DIDN'T DO THAT!" LOL I love that the show actually surprises me.
Old October 25 2011, 02:36 PM   #75
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I figure Kat will be ok for one reason - Michael has been out of the game for about 20 years. He will probably pump her (intended) for information. She has already used the name Klaus in his hearing.

If memory serves, Michael was entombed in that Charlotte cemetary in the 1990s.

It gave me chils when he said, "I don't feed on living things." Kat and the mouse made me laugh out loud.

I say the witch will now move on to Anna as her instrument/weapon/portal.

Barbie Klaus is annoying. I want someone to stake her very soon.

Damon cleaning up after the other vampires was funny. I loved the Buffy reference.

What was Damon up to between the 1860s and last year?
Who is Michael and why does he hunt vampires?
Why does the original witch hate Klaus so much? Is it only because he "upsets the balance of nature" or did he do something to her personally?
What made the original vampires turn on each other? Klaus and Elijah seemed pretty chummy up until the 1500s.