IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 10 2011, 03:14 AM   #1366
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

^ More likely, in addition to Babs being the most known Batgirl due to the Adam West show ingrained into pop culture, that TPTB love themselves some Silver Age and wanted Babs back as Batgirl.
Old October 10 2011, 09:39 AM   #1367
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Andy Kubert is doing a two issue arc with Superboy and the Legion on Action with Morrison.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/10...cs-the-new-52/

Will be interesting to see Morrison writing them.
And I wonder how much they don't match with the version that Levitz is writing? (since it's a tradition that after a crisis that the Legion's back-story doesn't make any sense - which is why Bryne had to fudge it and why we might see similar).
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 10:25 AM   #1368
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

@Trekker I expect that it will be a swerve of some kind or it will be ignored in the other two books. Detective already sounds out there.

Brett Booth keeps drawing his version of a redesigned Wally West and tweeted that he would spin the character out of "Teen Titans".

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/...ng-wally-west/

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; October 10 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 02:07 PM   #1369
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Andy Kubert is doing a two issue arc with Superboy and the Legion on Action with Morrison.

And I wonder how much they don't match with the version that Levitz is writing? (since it's a tradition that after a crisis that the Legion's back-story doesn't make any sense - which is why Bryne had to fudge it and why we might see similar).
In this case, I don't see how it's a bad thing.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
@Trekker I expect that it will be a swerve of some kind or it will be ignored in the other two books. Detective already sounds out there.

Brett Booth keeps drawing his version of a redesigned Wally West and tweeted that he would spin the character out of "Teen Titans".

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/...ng-wally-west/
It looks like the information posted by the DC Insider is sound. Guess the twins don't exist now.

Last edited by Hound of UIster; October 10 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 02:16 PM   #1370
Crypto
Caped Trek Mod

Of course, the most important part of that story is "keep an eye out for Krypto!"

Old October 10 2011, 02:19 PM   #1371
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I don't see how Morrison would change any of the Legion's back story with Clark since we know that the current Legion timeline is intact from before. Remember two that Imra, Garth, and Rokk were referenced in issue one and were called by Clark's landlady "his friends". So I suspect that nothing will be drastically changed. It's possible that the amount of contact will have been decreased.

Old October 10 2011, 02:32 PM   #1372
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

In this case, I don't see how it's a bad thing.
I don't either way as long as it's a good story.

I don't see how Morrison would change any of the Legion's back story with Clark since we know that the current Legion timeline is intact from before. Remember two that Imra, Garth, and Rokk were referenced in issue one and were called by Clark's landlady "his friends". So I suspect that nothing will be drastically changed. It's possible that the amount of contact will have been decreased.
Can't be quite the same for the reason that there is no Superboy (AFAWK) and that Clark's powers developed differently. Having said that, I can't actually remember *which* previous version of the interactions between Clark and the Legion are current. Maybe that's the simplest answer, nobody knows or particularly cares.
Old October 10 2011, 02:54 PM   #1373
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The recent Geoff Johns/Paul Levitz team and their interactions are intact...good point about Superboy. It will be interesting to see how they appear and what he does with them. In other news the New York post has spoiled Wonder Woman #3...read at your own desire:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/...an-3-big-time/

Old October 10 2011, 04:09 PM   #1374
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

...I can't actually remember *which* previous version of the interactions between Clark and the Legion are current. Maybe that's the simplest answer, nobody knows or particularly cares.
Pretty much, I'd think.

Isn't that one of the lamest origins anyway? "We all have super-powers, so we decided to form a club based on the fact that this super-powered guy a thousand years ago was a teenager at one time."
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 04:16 PM   #1375
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
...I can't actually remember *which* previous version of the interactions between Clark and the Legion are current. Maybe that's the simplest answer, nobody knows or particularly cares.
Pretty much, I'd think.

Isn't that one of the lamest origins anyway? "We all have super-powers, so we decided to form a club based on the fact that this super-powered guy a thousand years ago was a teenager at one time."
see handled the right way, that has the potential for all sorts of awesomeness:

"Friends, we have travelled here from the future to find out more about your era, our records are quite garbled because of the Great Disaster. However we were inspired by your great heroes - I am Hitler-boy and this is my friend Stalin-Lad, our other friend is called Michael Jackson".
Old October 10 2011, 05:44 PM   #1376
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Team Broccoli wrote: View Post
^ More likely, in addition to Babs being the most known Batgirl due to the Adam West show ingrained into pop culture, that TPTB love themselves some Silver Age and wanted Babs back as Batgirl.
No, that part I get, but I mean with Batgirl they decided they needed Batgirl to be Babs exclusively (as far as I can tell), whereas with the Robins and Lanterns they didn't care.

P.S. I know I usually don't care about spoilers, but I kind of want to punch
the New York Post, and Sue from DC Women Kicking Ass in the face for
If I'd been taken fully by surprise, I might have rolled with it, but as it stands I get to anticipate how it's a bad idea.

Last edited by Myasishchev; October 10 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 06:07 PM   #1377
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Pretty much, I'd think.

Well Morrison wants to emphasize on the aspect of Superman as an inspiration for others. Going that route, the Legion naturally has to be covered. They and the DC One Million stuff are Superman's future legacy..

The recent Geoff Johns/Paul Levitz team and their interactions are intact...good point about Superboy. It will be interesting to see how they appear and what he does with them. In other news the New York post has spoiled Wonder Woman #3...read at your own desire:

Maybe the WW fans can stage another boycott.
Old October 10 2011, 06:30 PM   #1378
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Pretty much, I'd think.

Yes. At least limited to the statement. I sort of like them going back in time to hang out with a really cool guy before everyone else knew he was cool. That seems like a good use of a time machine, if you're a callow idiot, which describes any teenager anywhere pretty well. (Which is part of why I like my Legion to actually be like 40 but still pretending they're kids. I identify better. I mean, I'm not 40, chronologically, but inside, I'm old.) Also, Clark hanging around the future gives an excuse for them to explain shit to the reader without seeming like morons who need basic facts of their lives explained to them constantly.

Hound of Ulster wrote:
They and the DC One Million stuff are Superman's future legacy..
I'm actually sorta surprised the LSH is gonna be in a Morrison work. I always got the impression he disliked them, or at least wanted to replace them with the Superman lineage he invented himself.

Admiral Young wrote:

Oops, I didn't see ya there.

Yes, it may work, because Azz is smart, but it's a bad idea generally.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2011, 06:47 PM   #1379
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

(Which is part of why I like my Legion to actually be like 40 but still pretending they're kids.
Didn't they actually work this in at one stage, everyone in the future is taking an age-retarding drug but for some reason (I can't remember) they can't tell Super-boy - so he only *thinks* they are teenagers. I think it's one of those concepts that is mentioned one and has never been referenced again.
Old October 10 2011, 07:04 PM   #1380
sojourner
Admiral

Retarded is such an ugly word, better to call them chronologically handicapped, er disabled?