Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I'd rather have a red haired Lois...but it really isn't important...her performance as the character is. :) Amy always looks great! :adore:

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I don`t get the Lana references? I remember Lois having red hair now and again but Lana?? (not that it actually matters either way).

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Lana is a redhead in comics. Whats not to get?

4. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Is she? I have read Superman comics for a long time and can't say I have ever noticed this.

5. Nerys Myk

Same hair color as Jimmy Olsen

[​IMG]

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. And it's non sequitur. :cool:

She looks great.

And it's funny that comic art is so variable and the characters usually drawn so generically handsome or pretty that the only real cue people have for whether an actor "looks like" a comic book character is the color of their hair. :lol:

Interesting - whatever Clark is doing up there in the cold with his beard and all, Lois is up there too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  7. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I mean, I don't care very much either, but Lois should have black hair.

Dennis is mostly right, although I'd like to point out that for like twenty years, Lois was drawn highly on-model. Post-Crisis, especially after about 1996 or thereabouts, less so.

They dyed Famke Jansen's hair, anyway.

At least they hired an actress who's old enough to convincingly portray a veteran reporter, though. That's arguably more important than a eumelanin count.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lois should be a brunette and Selina Kyle should have short hair instead of Anne Hathaway's long hair but oh well. I guess these are details the filmmakers decided not to bother with this time around. Amy looks great and yes Lana has had red hair in the comics.

9. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Catwoman's costuming's all fucked up. Long uncovered hair, stilettos? Yeah, that's exactly what I would wear to break into places and punch Batman in the face.

10. Admiral_Young

I still think the stilettos are some kind of hidden weapon :) I've started to think from the pictures we've seen of Selina that she's been studying Batman over the course of the films.

11. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Why?
    [​IMG]

12. Nerys Myk

And don't forget the stiletto heels in that pic!!!!!

Catwoman had long hair for a long time. The first shorthaired version showed up in the 60s and went back to the long haired version soon after. Miller gave her short hair again but when she got her own book it was back to being long.

13. Admiral Buzzkill

"Should" is one of the most useless words in the English language, don't you think? ;)

14. Admiral_Young

Idealistically then? :)

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Lana was also a Red Head in the 1988 Superboy Syndicated Series, played by Stacey Haiduk

16. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interestingly enough, neither Noel Neill nor Phyllis Coates had black hair. The first major live action Lois to have black hair was Margot Kidder.

17. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

Maybe General Zodbama put him up to it. All he has to do is kneel before him, and all is forgiven.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. Admiral Buzzkill

I think I've liked Byrne's adult Lana the best of any of them since I first saw her. She approaches looking like a human being rather than a generic comic book girl, and she has a soulfulness about her.

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Lois had auburn/reddish hair in the Post-Crisis comics until she dyed it black in the early 2000s. This isn't so out of the ordinary.