RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,867
Posts: 5,696,937
Members: 25,688
Currently online: 400
Newest member: kamorga

TrekToday headlines

Whitney Passes
By: T'Bonz on May 4

Retro Review: Phage
By: Michelle on May 2

The Next Generation Shower Curtain
By: T'Bonz on May 1

Burton Part of Roots Reboot
By: T'Bonz on May 1

May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Eve Faces Backlash For Jenner Comments
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Frakes: Forget About Trek On TV
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 2 2011, 11:28 PM   #136
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Angmar
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

Broccoli wrote: View Post
number6 wrote: View Post
They should have TrekBBS as their script and story consultant!!
This. Fans always know best. Remember the BringBackKirk movement. I can't believe TPTB never bought into it! It would have been gold!!!
Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!"
__________________
Just walk away, and there will be an end to the horror.

Last edited by Set Harth; October 3 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2011, 11:32 PM   #137
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!"
So Paramount actually listened to them?
__________________
A movie aiming low should not be praised for hitting that target.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 12:07 AM   #138
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!"
So Paramount actually listened to them?
Yes, even more literally than the BringBackKirk people could ever have expected.

Paramount brought back James T. Kirk...

...and too late, the BBK folks realized that they should have called themselves Bring Back Shatner.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 07:55 AM   #139
Cyke101
Rear Admiral
 
Cyke101's Avatar
 
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

Dennis wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!"
So Paramount actually listened to them?
Yes, even more literally than the BringBackKirk people could ever have expected.

Paramount brought back James T. Kirk...

...and too late, the BBK folks realized that they should have called themselves Bring Back Shatner.
Depending on whether or not they liked the movie, that's a twist ending worthy of the Twilight Zone
__________________
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy
Cyke101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 10:19 AM   #140
Sean Aaron
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Send a message via AIM to Sean Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Aaron
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

Cyke101 wrote: View Post

Depending on whether or not they liked the movie, that's a twist ending worthy of the Twilight Zone
Someone should remake Shatner's Twilight Zone episodes with Chris Pine - now that would be a twist!
Sean Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 10:35 AM   #141
J. Allen
Equine Sophist Simulacrum
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Abrams Commits To Direct

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
^ Squeeee!
I prefer this approach too, we got to see them thrown together initially at the very beginning of their adventures, now we jump ahead to the more familiar era with them well established as a crew.
Exactly.

Dennis wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!"
So Paramount actually listened to them?
Yes, even more literally than the BringBackKirk people could ever have expected.

Paramount brought back James T. Kirk...

...and too late, the BBK folks realized that they should have called themselves Bring Back Shatner.
"That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed...! That's not fair!"
__________________

Like My Little Pony? Join us at Brony Kingdom!

-= St. John of Trenton, Patron Saint of Cute Ponies =-
Bestowed upon me by Pondwater
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
abrams, director, trek xii

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.