Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 26 2011, 04:29 PM   #31
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Would killing Bonnie really even matter? Why exactly does Bonnie go through large portions of a season MIA? Is the actress going to college in another state or filming/doing something besides the show?
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2011, 04:55 PM   #32
Jetfire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katerina_Graham

The actress is involved in filming movies and she is involved in singing as well. Don't know if this is why she is MIA all the time...but she is involved in more stuff than just TVD.
Old September 26 2011, 09:42 PM   #33
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I felt that the actor playing Elijah gave the character an air of gravitas. I felt like I was watching a being that had been around for centuries.

Klaus comes off as a one-note villian compared to his brother, thus far. Of course, Elijah's entrance into the Rose storyline really made me sit up and pay attention.

Klaus may gain more depth. He was always portrayed as hot-headed. However, I always assumed he had some sense because he held so many people in sway and had lived so long. I thought that Elijah functioned as his pooper scooper for centuries.

Maybe Klaus' story will morph into a great tale of hubris. We shall have to wait and see.

We now know that Klaus cannot create any more beings like himself because the doppelganger is still alive. (I guess her portion of the ritual was in the Jack, Jack no take back section.)

I loved seeing HRG as Caroline's dad. I hope he does not end up Vampire fodder.

The ghost story is just kind of there right now. I did not feel the whole "don't trust Vicki" thing was earth shattering. That chick never was reliable.
Old September 29 2011, 07:14 PM   #34
Jetfire

Vampire Diaries “The End Of The Affair” Official Description Tonight!

THE ROARING TWENTIES --- Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) arrive in Chicago, where Stefan is reunited with a vampire (guest star Claire Holt, "Pretty Little Liars") who hasn't really moved on from her interest in him decades earlier. In a flashback to Chicago in the 1920s, Stefan comes face-to-face with a shocking chapter from his wild past. After Damon (Ian Somerhalder) gets a tip on Stefan and Klaus' whereabouts from an unexpected source, he and Elena (Nina Dobrev) follow their trail. Back in Mystic Falls, Tyler is concerned about Caroline and turns to Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) for help. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#303).
http://www.ksitetv.com/8100/vampire-...l-description/

Preview

Can't wait!
Old September 30 2011, 02:22 PM   #35
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Well I thought last night was interesting. The show has quite a few balls up in the air.
1. Jeremy and the ghosts + Matt and I assume Bonnie since she will be back
2. Catherine is officially stalking Stefan/Klaus
3. Stefan had a fling with Nick/Klaus' baby sister and now she has been resurrected.
4. Caroline/Daddy/Mama Forbes/Tyler/Mama Lockwood
5. Ellena and Damon are coming off as the most boring duo right now.
6. Whatever Rick is going to be up to

I have to say that I loved that Mama Forbes with Tyler as shotgun showed up and rescued her baby girl. She was gun toting and not going to take any crap. It was awesome, best part of the episode.

I wonder if the wooden bullet man will turn out to be another member of the Klaus/Elijah/Rebecca clan? I thought it was a riot that Catherine was right in there with the men with a gun.

Now the road leads back to Elena though because Stefan gave her the necklace that the witch needs to help Klaus figure out why he can't go hybrid happy.
Old September 30 2011, 03:53 PM   #36
Dream
Admiral

Poor Caroline. I think the girl has had enough pain to last a lifetime. I got a little sick seeing her own father torture her. So glad when she was finally able to get away. Liz and Tyler were too awesome. Candice is such a great actress.

HRG was good too, nothing like his character on Heroes.

Elena's stupid plan of the week # 3 to get back Stefan. What the hell was she thinking? The best plan they could come up with was to have Damon die? What they need to do is find a way to kill Klaus. That is the ONLY way to save Stefan.

The flashbacks looked great and we learned a lot. For a show on the CW with a small budget, they do a good job with episodes about that the past.

I liked Rebecca. She seems like she is going to be a great new character.

Nice to see Katherine again. I love the character. Nina seems to have so much fun with the role. I wonder what she is planning?
Old October 3 2011, 09:06 PM   #37
Jetfire

Excellent ep. Liked the flashback stuff with Stefan, Klaus & Rebecca. The stuff with Caroline and her dad is interesting...Tyler and Caroline's mom saving her was cool. I am actually bored with Elena & Damon...I like them better when they interact with other characters.
Old October 3 2011, 09:14 PM   #38
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Wow, can't believe Caroline's dad did that to Caroline, he never would've treated Claire like that

Yea, it was excellent seeing Tyler and Momma Bear coming to rescue her cub, especially after her initial reactions.

The scene with Steffan and Klaus at the table with that other couple, where he sliced the woman's arm openn, and made her husband drink the blood, was most icky and chilling.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2011, 12:59 AM   #39
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Oh, and am I remembering wrong, or have all the Wirches been Black?

Bonnie, her Grandma, her cousin, Emily, The Witchboy and his father, the lady in this episode (Was Gina Torres a witch?)

No, not a racist complaint, merely an observation, as in, it seems the in the Historical Times of the Story, Vamps and Wolves ran through the Rich White families back in the Day, and the Witches come from the Servant/poor Black Families.

Old October 4 2011, 01:12 AM   #40
Jetfire

Maddox was a powerful warlock and a member of Klaus's trusted inner circle.
In The Last Day Matt once again is talking with Sheriff Forbes. He later seems to have a change of heart and calls Caroline supposedly to tell her everything and then follows Damon. He finds Damon at the Tomb and sees him fight with the warlock Maddox. As Damon is losing, Matt kills Maddox using a rifle and wooden bullets afterwards Damon knocks him out.After he wakes up he witness Tyler werewolf transformation and runs with Caroline down in the Lockwood cellar.
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Donovan

[edit] He was white.
Old October 4 2011, 01:16 AM   #41
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Sindatur,

No, so far you have been mostly correct. I bought up a similar question a while ago and one of the posters best explained it that many of the witches seen thus far on Vampire Diaries are related to two black families (Bonnie's and that the two guys-can't remember their names). That doesn't account for Gina Torres though. The poster also informed me that there were white witches on VD as well, though I hadn't seen the episodes with them on. And the Secret Circle-the companion show-features white witches.

I think there was at least one black vampire that escaped from that pit last year (can't remember if I saw that or if the poster pointed that out to me. We also have Kelly Hu and her daughter as vamps). It would be nice though to see a bit more diversity among the supernatural on VD though.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2011, 01:29 AM   #42
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

DarKush wrote: View Post
Sindatur,

No, so far you have been mostly correct. I bought up a similar question a while ago and one of the posters best explained it that many of the witches seen thus far on Vampire Diaries are related to two black families (Bonnie's and that the two guys-can't remember their names). That doesn't account for Gina Torres though. The poster also informed me that there were white witches on VD as well, though I hadn't seen the episodes with them on. And the Secret Circle-the companion show-features white witches.

I think there was at least one black vampire that escaped from that pit last year (can't remember if I saw that or if the poster pointed that out to me. We also have Kelly Hu and her daughter as vamps). It would be nice though to see a bit more diversity among the supernatural on VD though.
Thanks and...

Oh, yea, Secret Circle counts now, apparently.

Old October 4 2011, 01:31 AM   #43
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Twilight Sparkle wrote: View Post
Maddox was a powerful warlock and a member of Klaus's trusted inner circle.
In The Last Day Matt once again is talking with Sheriff Forbes. He later seems to have a change of heart and calls Caroline supposedly to tell her everything and then follows Damon. He finds Damon at the Tomb and sees him fight with the warlock Maddox. As Damon is losing, Matt kills Maddox using a rifle and wooden bullets afterwards Damon knocks him out.After he wakes up he witness Tyler werewolf transformation and runs with Caroline down in the Lockwood cellar.
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Donovan

[edit] He was white.
Ah, I was remembering the Father of the WitchBoy in that scene

Old October 4 2011, 10:03 PM   #44
Kosh Naranek
Captain

The real bitter escaped tomb vampire was played by a Hispanic actor. (I would not have known, except he used to work on a soap opera my mom watched. He also played a reporter on The Closer.) His girlfriend was black.

But other than Anna and her mother I don't recall there being much diversity amongst the vampires, but maybe that will change. (I recall the tomb's first escapee. I actually felt sorry for him when he apologized to the hiker he met and was about to chow down on.)

Most of the witches were/are related to Bonnie and the awesome Warlock. However, Gina Torres' character and the new lady just introduced may not be. They did not really give much background info the bartender played by GT other that she knew Lexi, Damon and Lexi's boyfriend and was a witch.

I don't really recall warlocks/witches that were white. They must have not made an impression. I know that the lady helping Klaus was the Warlock's daughter, and I loved the Warlock! I was sad when he and his son died.
Old October 4 2011, 10:13 PM   #45
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Dream wrote: View Post
The best plan they could come up with was to have Damon die? What they need to do is find a way to kill Klaus. That is the ONLY way to save Stefan.
They don't need to find a way to kill Klaus. That implies that the way to kill Klaus is a huge secret. They just need to use common sense.

Any newborn vampire could take Klaus out with ease.

Step 1) Compel your way into the nearest national guard armory.

Step 2) Borrow a Ma Deuce, or something bigger if available. An autocannon would be great. A Mk. 19 grenade machine gun would be perfect. With a vampire's strength, it is perfectly feasable to fire a crew-served weapon from the shoulder.

Step 3) Turn Klaus into confetti. He's fast as hell, but he's not a bullet-timer. His flesh can be pierced and torn, he's just got amazing regen. Machine guns that size don't leave much more than bite-sized chunks. It's hard to recover from that, even with magical immortality.

Step 4) If he starts to regenerate, bury his remains in a thousand tons of cement so that he'll never he be able to claw his way out.

And if that doesn't work there are always tactical nuclear weapons to fall back on. Also, they're not difficult to steal when you have vampire mind control powers.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote