Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 22 2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Jetfire

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Episode #3.2 “The Hybrid” 9-22-2011 8PM The CW TONIGHT!
THE NEW ORDER — Klaus (Joseph Morgan) puts a plan in motion that will give him even more power, but even with the unwilling participation of werewolf Ray Sutton (guest star David Gallagher), things don’t go exactly as Klaus had planned. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Alaric (Matt Davis) reluctantly go along with Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) new strategy to find Stefan (Paul Wesley), leading Damon into a dangerous fight with an unexpected enemy. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) turns to Matt (Zach Roerig) for help as he continues to try to understand what the ghosts from his past want from him. Unaware that Caroline (Candice Accola) is in need of his help, Tyler (Michael Trevino) faces an emotional confrontation with his mother (guest star Susan Walters). Josh Butler directed the episode written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer (#302).

http://www.vampiresite.net/513/episo...l-description/

Promo

Hopefully this ep will be great! S1 the first few eps were meh and S2 they got better after the premiere so we shall see.
Old September 23 2011, 03:36 AM   #17
Jetfire

This one was ok. Interesting stuff with Caroline's dad. I am glad Ric moved back into the Gilbert house. So do not care about Jeremy and his dead girlfriends. I am also getting bored with Klaus...hope next week picks up a bit more.
Old September 23 2011, 03:58 AM   #18
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

I got recorded plan to watch it with supernatural and the vampire Diaries. thanks for preview vid for ep 3 looks good.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2011, 01:43 PM   #19
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Missed the season opener but did get to check this one out. I don't know if its just me, but VD seems to have lost its bite. Klaus started out as a good villain-the actor much better than I expected-but it seems a bit lackluster to have him and Stefan walking through the woods/mountains. I was hoping they would be in Europe or somewhere having a good time, actually showing us the ripper days (something Angel or True Blood are probably better at doing). I got a sense that similar to True Blood's Russell, VD doesn't know how to up the stakes (which is surprising because I thought they had been doing this pretty well until now).

I think the Tyler-Caroline storyline was more interesting than the search for Stefan. I'm also curious to see what's going to happen with Vicki and why she can't be trusted. It's cool that ghosts are going to be on this season, I wonder if zombies aren't too far behind.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Jetfire

Well I get the impression Klaus is impressed with parts of Stefan's history...which I am sure we will be exposed to soon enough. After last season we were left with the impression Klaus was a BAMF....but this may not be the case...Elijah seems more verse in retrospect than Klaus...I am speculating of course but Klaus didn't get what he was after based on this ep. I like Caroline and I honestly thought Tyler was a nothing character...but they have given him something each step of the way...but I don't think a tragic Vamp/Wolf love will overshadow Human/Vampire love...so hopefully they won't give Caroline and Tyler too much to overshadow Elena-Stefan-Damon.

I could care less about Jeremy and ghost girlfriends...hope no zombies come into play.

[edit] CW Vampire Diaries 18-49 Rating/Sh 1.2/3 Viewers (Millions) 2.49

Last edited by love like winter; September 23 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old September 24 2011, 02:52 AM   #21
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Cool...Noah Bennet had a secret life and another Cheerleader daughter, and now he's wrapped up with Vampires...This could be made of awesome (Noah was one of the consistently good excuses for suffering all the way through Heroes )

Yea, Klaus is not what I expected, it's disappointing. The writing isn't necessarily wrong, but, the performance is, IMHO. This would've been much more fun, if it was Elijah, and there was no Klaus introduced. Elijah playing out this arc, could've worked, maybe.

I think Elijah did get what he wanted, to be near (Or know where?) his ancestors are, he just didn't plan on being as dead as them when they were reunited.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2011, 07:47 PM   #22
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Yay for Noah Bennett as Caroline's vampire-hunting gay dad!

They did some cart-before-the-horse writing here. I've been wondering why it's so all-fired important that Klaus not know Elena is alive. He got what he wanted, why should he care if she's still alive? But now we know he didn't get what he wanted (although the logic is sketchy; if the doppleganger died, then why should it matter if she was resuscitated? was there a footnote that Klaus failed to read?)

But the reason for the angst is that the writers would know it would become important that Elena's survival stay secret. Funny thing is, the gang doesn't even yet know why it's important. I guess they've been reading ahead in the script.

I agree with the general disapproval of Klaus, but I'm not sure if it's just the writing that's at fault. Klaus is just another Katherine, a character introduced in order to create problems for the gang to solve. This show doesn't invest too much in making those types of characters very compelling in their own right. They're just plot conveniences, not actual characters.

But the actor could do something to elevate the dull writing. Play the character as having some undercurrent - a desperate edge, or a gleefully malicious one - something really scene stealing is needed.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2011, 10:46 PM   #23
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Everytime Klaus has a scene, I realize how much I miss Elijah.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2011, 11:22 PM   #24
Dream
Admiral

The second episode was much better than the premiere this year.

Elena's plan was so stupid. Going into a forest full of Werewolves during a full moon? Come on! I can't believe Damon and Ric went along with it. The only good part from that was when Damn threw Elena into the lake. The girl had it coming!

Tyler is really developing as a character and is so different from how he was in the first season.

Not sure how I feel about the Jeremy and Matt plot yet. It feels so disconnected from all the Kalus stuff.

I love that they got the actor from Heroes that played Noah. He was one of the only good things about it in the later years. I think he is going to be awesome as Caroline's daddy.
Old September 25 2011, 12:58 AM   #25
MagGu
Lieutenant

HRG baby!
Old September 25 2011, 06:53 PM   #26
js
Captain

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Sadly, I'm going to have to agree.

I like Joseph Morgan but they're giving him nothing to do as Klaus. Whereas you couldn't take your eyes off Elijah for a second, he was so intense and interesting.

Hope the Klaus storyline goes somewhere. But in the meantime, loving everything with Caroline and Tyler. And as Jeremy and Matt were my fave characters from early on, I'm enjoying seeing where their storyline is going - especially given the ghost conflict that seems to be setting up!
Old September 25 2011, 08:52 PM   #27
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Was the actor who played Elijah really that good? All I remember is that he was better looking.

What Klaus needs is better motivation. Just trying to create hybrids "in case" of a war (between vamps and wolves I presume?) isn't much of a motivation, since we've seen no solid evidence that anyone needs to be worrying about such a conflict.

Werewolves have been established as "rare" for starters, so wouldn't such a war be pretty damn short? And this series isn't taking up the notion that a werewolf bite to a human creates another werewolf, so they would be at a serious disadvantage in ramping up their numbers quickly.

Maybe Klaus is just incredibly paranoid about a war that isn't likely to happen. But he isn't being played as paranoid (which might be interesting). I don't know what the frak is going on with the Klaus plotline, or if it's anything beyond the writers just using him to create dramatic conflict for the characters they actually do care about.

OTOH, perhaps Klaus knows something we don't about a looming zombie apocalypse.

PS, I have a feeling that the writers are going to have Stefan finally end up killing an "important" character. Caroline's dad is an obvious suspect, since he's the kind of character the writers have shown an inclination to kill off (parental units beware!) But if the writers really want to prove their gutsiness, they should have him kill a longer-term character. Matt would be the easiest, but also a bit cop-outy due to his unimportance. Jeremy would be going too far. How about Bonnie?
Old September 25 2011, 09:16 PM   #28
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Hey now, Temis. Killing Bonnie would definitely be going too far

I too, do wonder, if Stefan will kill someone "Big"

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2011, 09:38 PM   #29
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Maybe Vicki will be resurrected as a zombie and Stefan will kill her?

But that's still in cop-out territory. All the characters are either non-starters because they'd destroy Stefan's relationship with Elena (Jeremy, Ric, Bonnie, Caroline, and I guess we need to include Damon) or they're who-cares-ish (any of the parental units, Matt, resurrected Vicki or Anna). Who have I forgotten? Oh yeah, Tyler. There's a possibility.

If the writers want to get radical, they could have Stefan kill either Elena or Damon, and then have the season finale cliffhanger hinge on whether and how they are resurrected (because of course they would be resurrected, but in what sort of shape/attitude/personality?)

Damon, yeah, that's the ticket. Stefan should kill Damon!!!

Now I have a reason to watch the whole season.
Old September 26 2011, 06:10 AM   #30
BigFoot
Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Was the actor who played Elijah really that good?
I think a lot of it had to do with the writing, but Elijah was definitely way more interesting than Klaus. That guy seems like an annoying spoiled brat that always needs to get what he wants and then he's pissy when he doesn't get it.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote