Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old September 20 2011, 10:13 PM   #91
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why did Chakotay Choose to be with seven instead of janeway?

It doesn't count as selfcontrol yet.

Cheating on Mark, even though he thought she was dead and this is exactly when he would have been lining up his ducks to settle into some wedded bliss bullpooh with some funeral crashing skank.

Even if he pulled a groupie at her funeral, this was a bit quick.

You don't think Mark had a few fiancées in Star Ships across the Alpha Quadrant coming into port to service his duplicitous and underhanded advances?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2011, 10:22 PM   #92
creek_chub
Lieutenant Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
You don't think Mark had a few fiancées in Star Ships across the Alpha Quadrant coming into port to service his duplicitous and underhanded advances?
If he were this type of guy, then why bother letting Janeway know he's engaged at all? I mean, even though Voyager was able to have a bit of contact with the AQ, the expectation still remains that it will take quite a while to get back. He could still have his multiple lovers while continuing to play the dutiful, waiting fiance to Janeway and betting on the fact that one or both of them could be dead by the time Voyager arrives.
Old September 21 2011, 01:46 AM   #93
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The spotlight.

The only reason Tiger Woods could bang around is because few if anyone knew he was married. Now however that he actually is single, becoming single, there's too much of a stigma attached to tapping that, that tapping that is suddenly too daunting.

The very huge public funeral after the considered loss of Voyager would have painted Mark as the grieving widower speechigfying the purity of his love for the woman, on a podium in front of a billion holocameras which would have ceased all of his more sane relationships leaving only batshitters and the Amish to retied into the nook of.

Do you think that Amish in the Star trek universe noticed the third world war, and do they accept aliens into their communities, or did they colonize some agrarian farm world as soon as the technology was available?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; September 21 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2011, 10:36 AM   #94
Ulva
Vice Admiral

Smellincoffee wrote: View Post
Because a relationship between two middle-aged adults wouldn't do much for the ratings, but any scene with Seven -- especially a romantic one -- would.
After re-watching it, knowing what happened during ENT, this is the logical explanation for all the Seven-centric stuff they put in VOY.

froot wrote: View Post
To be fair, there is also a large number of fans who are happy J/C did not happen.
I'm in that camp, though I'd prefer not having any C/7 stuff pushed down my throat either. It was quite obvious that they regarded each other as more than friends and I can't be alone in noticing that she drifted away from leaning at Tuvok for support to Chakotay and the warmth that grew between them. Janeway makes it clear though several times during the series that she can't indulge in a relationship. Her obligations is to the crew and getting them home.

I liked it the way it was developed during the first seasons because it left a lot to imagination. It wasn't intrusive either. They were grown ups with a lot of responsibility and had their priorities straight. Good enough for me.

The Seven thing? Ugh. Not believable at all.