RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,715
Posts: 5,214,483
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 729
Newest member: dmhp32


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 10 2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
All-Franchise montage?!

So I went over to the youtubes yesterday, looking for a cool, classy, high-quality video paying tribute to the whole of the Trek franchise - all six series and eleven movies. To my mind, the ideal video would be set to Goldsmith's First Contact end credits theme, with big, iconic moments and visuals at the start and finish and some defining quotes and character beats playing over the quieter middle portion. (And before anyone suggests I do it myself, I'd love to, but don't know how or have the right software to make the necessary crops to have the whole thing be 16x9.)

Anyway, I did some searching, but not only did I not find anything good, I barely found any efforts to do something like this at all. Is this a result of copyright/youtube blocking previous efforts? Does anyone know of any quality all-franchise tribute vids on youtube or anywhere else?
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Paradon
Rear Admiral
 
Paradon's Avatar
 
Location: Huckleberry Hound;California Love;the golden state
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

I think ST franchise is getting really old...that's why. But people still watch it in the private of their own home.
__________________
"This is not about who has the biggest gun or more powerful ships... A friend in power is a friend lost."
Paradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

The fact that it's really old is why an all-franchise montage would be so awesome.
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 01:15 AM   #4
TheDolphin
Ensign
 
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pOkhU9iYM

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

V.
TheDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 02:04 AM   #5
KirkPicard
Captain
 
KirkPicard's Avatar
 
Location: Phila. PA
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

__________________
GARTH: Mister Spock, do you consider Captain Kirk and yourself brothers?
SPOCK: Captain Kirk speaks somewhat figuratively and with undue emotion. However, what he says is logical and I do, in fact, agree with it.
KirkPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

TheDolphin wrote: View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pOkhU9iYM

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

V.

You know, I'm not much into these kinds of videos, but I think the bit at about 1:29 was fantastic. An Earth ship, a Vulcan ship, and an Andorian ship all go to warp, and their warp flashes become three of the larger stars on the symbol of the Federation. I was about to turn the video off when I saw that! That is remarkable!
__________________
97X... BAM! THE FUTURE OF ROCK AND ROLL...
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2011, 09:11 PM   #7
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
TheDolphin wrote: View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pOkhU9iYM

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

V.

You know, I'm not much into these kinds of videos, but I think the bit at about 1:29 was fantastic. An Earth ship, a Vulcan ship, and an Andorian ship all go to warp, and their warp flashes become three of the larger stars on the symbol of the Federation. I was about to turn the video off when I saw that! That is remarkable!
That video was beautiful, thanks for sharing
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Tom
Rear Admiral
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Location: In your Mind!
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

SilentP wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
TheDolphin wrote: View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pOkhU9iYM

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

V.

You know, I'm not much into these kinds of videos, but I think the bit at about 1:29 was fantastic. An Earth ship, a Vulcan ship, and an Andorian ship all go to warp, and their warp flashes become three of the larger stars on the symbol of the Federation. I was about to turn the video off when I saw that! That is remarkable!
That video was beautiful, thanks for sharing
That has always been my my favorite.
__________________
AP - Star Trek: Renegades - Starring Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Robert Picardo, Sean Young & many more - Coming 2014 - www.startrekrenegades.com
https://www.facebook.com/STRtheSeries
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2011, 02:51 PM   #9
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain
 
You_Will_Fail's Avatar
 
Location: Trill, Federation World and Proud
Re: All-Franchise montage?!

Yeah that video is a little boring, its just the castmembers one by one.
You_Will_Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.