IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 18 2011, 11:30 PM   #91
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

I found it so unsurprising that I honestly thought it had already been revealed. That's a testament to the writing, that this plot twist is predictable just based on what we know about the characters - it just seems to fit.

If Gemma and Clay know that he knows, that would all make sense. That might be the way in which Unser originally became effectively part of SAMCRO - Clay and Gemma figured that bringing him into their milieu would be the safest way to handle the situation.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 04:24 AM   #92
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Indeed. Normally I'd be disappointed if a "plot twist" was predictable, but this felt completely natural based on what we've already learned about these characters, and definitely fits in well with how Unser and SAMCRO might have solidified a relationship that was probably only in its infancy when Clay and Gemma killed John.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 04:36 AM   #93
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

And no doubt Unser played ball because he's always been kind of in love with Gemma. Otherwise, he would have been smarter to blow the whistle on them and get Clay sent away, ending SAMCRO's reign of terror in Charming. That part fits perfectly, too. If Gemma asked Unser to help cover up the death, he would have done it.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 05:13 AM   #94
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

oh totally looked how he helped her during the rape thing last season come on.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 09:30 AM   #95
Gov Karnstein
Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
And no doubt Unser played ball because he's always been kind of in love with Gemma. Otherwise, he would have been smarter to blow the whistle on them and get Clay sent away, ending SAMCRO's reign of terror in Charming. That part fits perfectly, too. If Gemma asked Unser to help cover up the death, he would have done it.
I always thought it a father/daughter sort of thing, but either way Unser cares quite a bit about Gemma and will more easily go out on a limb for her than Clay. I also wonder if Clay knows everything about John's death. Could Gemma have set John up in order to keep Clay in line. Maybe Clay was easier for her to manipulate than John?
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Karnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 09:50 AM   #96
Checkmate
Commodore

I have a feeling that they actually manipulated Unser into doing the deed itself. If he was merely a witness or just helped clean it up, I doubt they'd have as much clout over him as they do. There's no doubt that Clay and Gemma set John up, but I think Unser is the one who pulled the trigger.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2011, 04:00 PM   #97
timothy
Rear Admiral

well I am hopeing they tell us who killed john this season

Old September 20 2011, 12:04 AM   #98
Gov Karnstein
Admiral

Checkmate wrote: View Post
I have a feeling that they actually manipulated Unser into doing the deed itself. If he was merely a witness or just helped clean it up, I doubt they'd have as much clout over him as they do. There's no doubt that Clay and Gemma set John up, but I think Unser is the one who pulled the trigger.
It looks like Unser is going to be something of a wild card in this season, and I do hope we get more on John. I expect Gemma to confront Tara soon over the letters. That should be interesting, especially if Gemma gets wind of Jax wanting to get out when Clay does. That is assuming Clay can just step down.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old September 20 2011, 12:17 AM   #99
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I believe Season 4 is the season that Jax finds out the truth about his father's murder. It may happen mid-season or the end of the season. But it will happen. The timing of the J.T. letters and the source of tension it is creating for Clay, Gemma, and Tara tells me that. That and what Kurt's blog said about the end of this season feeling like a series end but is more like the beginning of the end.

But when Jax finds out the truth about what happened to his father, I don't see him outright killing Clay like Vic didn't outright kill Shane after finding out the truth about his role in Lex's murder. I can see this making Jax decide not to leave SAMCRO and plot Clay's removal from the club while going back to trying to change the club from within but, this time, in more proactive ways.
Joe Washington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2011, 02:19 AM   #100
timothy
Rear Admiral

I am so thinking that clay killed john so he can get the club and gemma. and that's when the club moved away from john's original plan for it.

Old September 21 2011, 12:11 PM   #101
Gov Karnstein
Admiral

A whole episode of fantastic set up for chaos. And clearly the Wahewa are not to be messed with. The best of this for me is how unpredictable the directions this could go are, and so far each turn doesn't come up WTF and stupid. I hope they keep up this kind of pace.
Old September 21 2011, 06:30 PM   #102
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

My favorite part of last night's episode was hearing Kenny Johnson referred to as "Lemonhead" again.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2011, 03:39 AM   #103
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
September, I believe. And yes, fantastic show. Looking forward to the day that Jax finds out the true nature of the fate of his father, who was responsible, and the point at which he will take his rightful place as President, by whatever means necessary.
I agree this is a great show.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2011, 04:05 AM   #104
Akiraprise

I miss Hale. The cop. Not his douche bag brother.

Still one of the best shows on tv right now.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2011, 04:20 AM   #105
Checkmate
Commodore

I liked Hale, too, though I completely understand why they wrote him off. The new guy (I'll be damned if I can remember his name; I keep calling him various different U.S. presidents) is shaping up to be pretty interesting, though.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote