RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,742
Posts: 5,215,750
Members: 24,213
Currently online: 916
Newest member: T'reah

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 16 2011, 03:32 PM   #76
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral
 
Obiwanshinobi's Avatar
 
Location: ObiWanShinobi
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Oh there you go. Quaid would be good too. He's pretty much the rich man's Costner these days anyways.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 06:52 AM   #77
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Goliath wrote: View Post
Foxx is a good choice. Though I still would have preferred Elba.
Me, too. There are few actors that interest me as much as Idris Elba does now. I would pay to watch him read the phone book.
__________________
"If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out."
--Tim Minchin
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 12:03 PM   #78
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Goliath wrote: View Post
Foxx is a good choice. Though I still would have preferred Elba.
Me, too. There are few actors that interest me as much as Idris Elba does now. I would pay to watch him read the phone book.
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: The Book Of Lies (Brad Meltzer)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 03:53 PM   #79
CaptainCanada
Admiral
 
CaptainCanada's Avatar
 
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Interested to see Jackson back with Tarantino (in a major role, I mean). Tarantino pretty much created the screen persona that Jackson has thoroughly driven into the ground over the last two decades, so maybe Quentin can get something new out of him.
__________________
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 04:01 PM   #80
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

ObiWanShinobi wrote: View Post
Oh there you go. Quaid would be good too. He's pretty much the rich man's Costner these days anyways.
Haha, I just read an article that called Quaid the poor man's Harrison Ford.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 05:43 PM   #81
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Disappointed to hear about Costner dropping out of this, and I agree that it is possible QT might go for a lesser known actor for the role. This is still a fantastic cast without him though. I can't wait for a trailer.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2011, 06:26 PM   #82
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
ObiWanShinobi wrote: View Post
Oh there you go. Quaid would be good too. He's pretty much the rich man's Costner these days anyways.
Haha, I just read an article that called Quaid the poor man's Harrison Ford.
I've always thought of him as being a cross between Ford and Costner. But I'd say he's a better actor than either and it's inexplicable that he never became a bigger star.
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 12:31 AM   #83
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

^By his own admission, a lot of his troubles had to do with cocaine. His bad reputation followed him, long after he cleaned up.
__________________
"If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out."
--Tim Minchin
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 12:51 AM   #84
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
Goliath wrote: View Post
Foxx is a good choice. Though I still would have preferred Elba.
Me, too. There are few actors that interest me as much as Idris Elba does now. I would pay to watch him read the phone book.
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
There's a certain irony in that, since Jamie Foxx is five years older than Idris Elba.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 02:56 AM   #85
Goliath
Vice Admiral
 
Goliath's Avatar
 
Location: The Fifth Dimension
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
Me, too. There are few actors that interest me as much as Idris Elba does now. I would pay to watch him read the phone book.
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
There's a certain irony in that, since Jamie Foxx is five years older than Idris Elba.
Here's a fun fact: in The Manchurian Candiate (1962), Angela Lansbury played Laurence Harvey's mother, and was utterly convincing in the part--despite being only three years older than her co-star.
__________________
An illusion--with intelligence! A malignant vision, with a will of pure evil!
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 03:07 AM   #86
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Goliath wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
There's a certain irony in that, since Jamie Foxx is five years older than Idris Elba.
Here's a fun fact: in The Manchurian Candiate (1962), Angela Lansbury played Laurence Harvey's mother, and was utterly convincing in the part--despite being only three years older than her co-star.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 05:04 PM   #87
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
There's a certain irony in that, since Jamie Foxx is five years older than Idris Elba.
Hence the wording "*looks* too old..."

Foxx doesn't.
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: The Book Of Lies (Brad Meltzer)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 08:02 PM   #88
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Odd. I always thought Foxx looked even older than he actually was.
__________________
"If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out."
--Tim Minchin
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 08:07 PM   #89
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Odd. I always thought Foxx looked even older than he actually was.
Doing a quick google image search, it seems to vary wildly depending on the role...
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: The Book Of Lies (Brad Meltzer)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2011, 11:13 PM   #90
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Django Unchained--Tarintino's new project

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Elba's great, and I'd love to see him in a QT movie, even this one, but he's just not the right casting for that part - he looks too old, end of. He could pull off SLJ's role, though.
There's a certain irony in that, since Jamie Foxx is five years older than Idris Elba.
Hence the wording "*looks* too old..."

Foxx doesn't.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just found it funny.

Though I do think Foxx is starting to look his age these days.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
django unchained, quentin tarantino

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.