To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 14 2011, 02:37 PM   #1351
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Post a link when its ready Peak.

Found my first crevice abandoned mine and had quite the adventure exploring. Its VERY easy to get lost in those things though, so pack lots of torches. Came out with a ton of iron naturally, as well as a few diamonds and watermelon seeds. *yay!* And I'll never have to build another piece of rail track.

Now I just have to find an Enderman.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 02:39 PM   #1352
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Wow. What kind of fuckhole calls a developer in the middle of the night like that? People need to get a grip.
But what kind of idiot developer gives out his private phone number so he actually can be called in the middle of the night?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 02:42 PM   #1353
Peak
Fleet Captain

Sure, it's in Swedish and it's a new world so I make the usual stuff (wood, workbench, stone, more workbench, hide for the night, and so on.

I made 10 Let's Plays earlier, but usually I just uploaded about once a month, until I started Vechs Super Hostile: Sunburn Islands a while ago while waiting for 1.8.

My channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/PerAkerman3?feature=mhsn

15% rendered so far (I'm making them mp4, so the youtube bit will be a fast upload when it's finished).

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 02:55 PM   #1354
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Somehow, I have the feeling that Jeb released the shoddiest, buggiest, most unfinished release possible just to get back at all the people who whined and complained about the update not being there yet. I know it's what I'd do.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 03:11 PM   #1355
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
Somehow, I have the feeling that Jeb released the shoddiest, buggiest, most unfinished release possible just to get back at all the people who whined and complained about the update not being there yet. I know it's what I'd do.
A software company that did that would deserve to go bankrupt, in my opinion. Fucking off your customers is not a good business plan.

Yeah, the MC community is full of jerks. That doesn't mean Mojang should release shoddy code.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 03:18 PM   #1356
Peak
Fleet Captain

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Wow. What kind of fuckhole calls a developer in the middle of the night like that? People need to get a grip.
But what kind of idiot developer gives out his private phone number so he actually can be called in the middle of the night?
Here in Sweden we have http://www.hitta.se/ which lists all the numbers to everyone in Sweden (except people with secret phone numbers), so a number is not difficult to find.

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2011, 01:52 AM   #1357
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Is it possible to merge maps with MCEdit? I've grown rather attached to the world I created to play with the pre-release, my island even has a working lighthouse on it, and I'd like to add the region to my main world if possible. I know there'd be horrible chunk errors, but I'm going to have those once I start exploring anyway.
Old September 15 2011, 03:32 AM   #1358
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Is it me or has the spawn rate for monsters been seriously upped? After two nights underground I come up and find about 5 creepers all in a group right outside my house, not to mention zombies and skellies.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2011, 04:02 AM   #1359
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Monsters don't seem any worse now to me. Basically its just random.

Never a good idea to leave your house at the crack of dawn if you've been awake all night though. Creepers seem to be morning creatures.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old September 15 2011, 01:47 PM   #1360
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Is it possible to merge maps with MCEdit? I've grown rather attached to the world I created to play with the pre-release, my island even has a working lighthouse on it, and I'd like to add the region to my main world if possible. I know there'd be horrible chunk errors, but I'm going to have those once I start exploring anyway.
Yeah, you can do that. MCEdit lets you copy and paste chunks between maps, I'm pretty sure.
My blog
Old September 15 2011, 02:04 PM   #1361
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Indeed, it'll even let you copy mobs and the contents of chests. Just tried it myself but wasn't quite happy with the results though so I'll probably try on a different seed, maybe even wait til snow biomes are fixed.
Old September 15 2011, 02:05 PM   #1362
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

Does the current 1.8 have that insane "void fog" down near bedrock? Kind of wrecks the whole idea of building anything down at the bottom of the map, considering you won't be able to see it.
My blog
Old September 15 2011, 02:54 PM   #1363
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

They sort of fixed it. If you have a shaft to the surface, you can stand near it and see the entire area, like you could in previous versions. Start moving away from the light, and the fog starts kicking in. Its kinda wierd.

Is anyone having trouble logging in? Minecraft server has been down for me all night and I've been playing offline. I hope I didn't break anything updating my texturepack.

Last edited by Cutter John; September 15 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old September 15 2011, 03:14 PM   #1364
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

Nah, I noticed some issues connecting to minecraft.net, too. I think they're just having issues.
My blog
Old September 15 2011, 04:02 PM   #1365
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

I discovered I can destroy the bedrock and fly about underneath it in creative mode. It's pitch black down there now instead of the old blue and there's grey dust or smoke floating about.