New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 2 2011, 02:09 PM   #1381
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: What games are you playing currently?

BigFoot wrote: View Post

EDIT: Otherwise there are a lot of other games you could play (Arkham City, Read Dead Redemption, Ratchet & Clank Future series...).
I can't play Arkham City until October!

And I tried playing RDR, and I had a really hard time getting into it. Marsten was a BORING character.
Old September 2 2011, 03:25 PM   #1382
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Sorry, I meant to say Arkham Asylum. But based on your response I presume you already played that.

I can see how RDR wouldn't be for everyone. I personally loved it.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2011, 03:34 PM   #1383
RoJoHen
Awesome

^ Sorry, I meant to say Arkham Asylum. But based on your response I presume you already played that.
Three times.

I got it because it had such rave reviews, and I really enjoyed the GTA games on PS2. I just don't think I am a fan of the western genre.

It's okay, though. My roommate stole it and played it for weeks on end, so it got its money's worth.
Old September 2 2011, 03:36 PM   #1384
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas
having a fun time with a bunch of mods, even made my own
Old September 2 2011, 04:51 PM   #1385
John Clark
Commodore

Picked up C&C Generals today so I'll give that a go
Old September 2 2011, 05:06 PM   #1386
BigFoot
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Three times.

I got it because it had such rave reviews, and I really enjoyed the GTA games on PS2. I just don't think I am a fan of the western genre.

It's okay, though. My roommate stole it and played it for weeks on end, so it got its money's worth.
So I guess you liked Arkham Asylum eh.

Yeah I'm not really a fan the western genre either (be it games or movies). But for some reason I really enjoyed RDR.

But hey, I've also bought a few games that got very good reviews and I didn't really enjoy them. It happens sometimes.
Old September 2 2011, 05:57 PM   #1387
RoJoHen
Awesome

Indeed. I'm not too heartbroken over it.

I would buy Force Unleashed II, but I was incredibly underwhelmed by the first one and haven't heard particularly good things about it, so it seems kinda wasteful.

I need to try out those Ratchet and Clank games.
Old September 2 2011, 06:10 PM   #1388
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

Assassin's Creed

I played the Assassin's Creed games for the first time this summer. OMG! This might be the best franchise ever! I love all the free running and the epic story line that keeps getting more bizarre with each game. I spent most of my summer playing just these.

Assassin's Creed 2 is the only game I've ever 1000'd and AC 1 would be too if it weren't for three stupid achievements. I actually stopped playing 1 about halfway through, started and completed 2, and then went back and finished 1. The bad part about this is that 2 completely spoils the ending to 1 so that made completing 1 somewhat less epic.

Brotherhood was neat and I liked how it takes place in just one city so there's no load screens between travel points. Some of the guild challenges I found frustrating as the descriptions were kind of vague sometimes. I hated full synch. That was BS and usually just made the mission needlessly frustrating and not more interesting.

Mass Effect 2

I completed a second play through of Mass Effect 2, this time as a female renegade vanguard. So badass! I guess she's so mean from all those years of being picked on for being a ginger.

Halo: Reach

I finally got to captain through more campaign play throughs than I care to admit. Now I have to figure out the "If they came to hear me beg..." chevo because I've failed about 100 attempts with that. What's frustrating is that it seems so straight forward and simple but at the same time impossible.

Dragon Age 2

Pretty cool rpg but the repetition kinda wears on you. Lots to do and lots of loot, though, with an interesting world history. I find the conversations between your friends to be absolutely hilarious, especially when Varric is present. That's why he's always in my party. Well, that and lock picking since I'm a meat head warrior.
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2011, 06:47 PM   #1389
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I hate that achievement.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2011, 09:29 PM   #1390
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

6079SmithW wrote: View Post
I hated full synch. That was BS and usually just made the mission needlessly frustrating and not more interesting.
I hated full synch also. Can't tell you how many times I had to replay that goddamn tank mission to get it. The timed ones were annoying too. I'd pretty much have to always do them twice, once to thoroughly explore and make sure I found all the flags etc. and then a second time to beat the timer.
Old September 2 2011, 09:38 PM   #1391
BigFoot
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Indeed. I'm not too heartbroken over it.

I would buy Force Unleashed II, but I was incredibly underwhelmed by the first one and haven't heard particularly good things about it, so it seems kinda wasteful.

I need to try out those Ratchet and Clank games.
I've thought about buying FU2, however because of the fact that it doesn't have a proper ending and that there won't be a FU2 I decided not to get it.

And the R&C games are all a lot of fun. Tools of Destruction was one of my first PS3 games and I completed it like four times.
Old September 2 2011, 09:40 PM   #1392
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

^^Yeah after a while I just said "Forget this!" and played my own way. Still ended up with 87% total synch and maybe one day I'll go back and try to synch some more memories.
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2011, 10:41 PM   #1393
DBR
Vice Admiral

I'm now on [*paid*cough*] medical leave for stress for one month (something to do with high blood pressure and my eyesight.) So naturally I want to spend the whole time getting worked up and frustrated playing games, yet there isn't really anything out there that's turning my crank. If only I could have gotten some time off in two months . . .

Guess I'll give LA Noir another whirl.
Old September 3 2011, 12:20 PM   #1394
Jax
Admiral

Been playing TRINE on the PC with friends (3 player co-op). A very interesting platformer that demands team work or you simply can't progress + sequel out later this month
Old September 3 2011, 06:55 PM   #1395
stalin2005
Lieutenant Commander

View stalin2005's Twitter Profile

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which is a lot harder than I expected on the medium difficulty.