Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 1 2011, 06:48 PM   #1021
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Nurse Marmalade wrote: View Post
kirsten187 wrote: View Post
^He's mine! Which McCoy do you prefer? DeForest Kelley or Karl Urban?
I prefer DeForest Kelley. Judging by your avatar, I'm assuming you prefer him too. Maybe we can share him...which half do you want?

BTW, I got your friend request and accepted, thanks so much!!
As much as I like Karl Urban, I do prefer DeForest Kelley as McCoy. As for sharing.....hmmm, well I guess that would be the polite thing to do......

BrotherofShran0 wrote: View Post
Hi Nurse M Hi kristen187. For a moment Nurse M, I thought you were kristen187 :blush: :facepalm:

Why? It seems that you both LUV Dr. McCoy so I am really gonna have some FUN with this ...

muhahahahahah!!!!!
No, we are not the same person but it seems there is someone else who loves McCoy.

^ Silly Bro! That's funny. We're not the same person, although my real life name is similar to her screenname.

Don't tease us too much about liking McCoy...you'll make us cry and McCoy will have to put you to sleep with his hypo.
Yeah, you can't make fun of McCoy.....I warn you, you tease DeForest Kelley and I'll be like Major Kira in one of her really angry moods

"Come to Quark's, Quark's is fun, come right now, don't walk - RUN!" Quark
kirsten187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2011, 11:04 PM   #1022
Nurse Marmalade
Lieutenant

ShamelessMcBundy wrote: View Post
I'll try not to double-post. However, I have nooo idea how to use multi-quote. I'm lost with that!
OK, say you find 3 posts that you wanna quote. For each one that you want, press the multi quote button. When you get to the last one you want to quote, hit the regular quote button. There you go.
That was so helpful. Thanks!!

BTW, are you a Married With Children fan? Your screenname is making me curious.

As much as I like Karl Urban, I do prefer DeForest Kelley as McCoy. As for sharing.....hmmm, well I guess that would be the polite thing to do......

Yeah, you can't make fun of McCoy.....I warn you, you tease DeForest Kelley and I'll be like Major Kira in one of her really angry moods
I thought Karl Urban was the best actor in ST 2009. IMO, he was spot-on as McCoy. (I also remember him from his Xena days!) He is cute but not as attractive as Kelley.

How do you feel about McCoy's loves? Natira, Tonia, etc....

And yeah...be careful, Bro, or you could wind up with two angry McCoy ladies on your hands...

Dr. Leonard McCoy Quiz
Nurse Marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2011, 11:13 AM   #1023
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Tonia Barrows was cool but I've been writing fan fic stuff with a totally new character for McCoy.

Old September 2 2011, 11:40 AM   #1024
Nurse Marmalade
Lieutenant

^ That sounds cool. Would you mind it if you shared a synopsis of your story? What kind of character is she?

Dr. Leonard McCoy Quiz
Old September 2 2011, 11:51 AM   #1025
BrotherofShran0
Lieutenant

I'll try not to double-post. However, I have nooo idea how to use multi-quote. I'm lost with that!
OK, say you find 3 posts that you wanna quote. For each one that you want, press the multi quote button. When you get to the last one you want to quote, hit the regular quote button. There you go.

I thought Karl Urban was the best actor in ST 2009. IMO, he was spot-on as McCoy. (I also remember him from his Xena days!) He is cute but not as attractive as Kelley.

How do you feel about McCoy's loves? Natira, Tonia, etc....

And yeah...be careful, Bro, or you could wind up with two angry McCoy ladies on your hands...
You should know me by know Nurse ... I like trouble and being bad.

however, in the interest of interstellar peace, I will leave the good doctor alone ... for now.
Old September 2 2011, 12:04 PM   #1026
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

^Forever you mean? He's ours.

Old September 2 2011, 08:24 PM   #1027
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy

Yes, i am indeed a Married with Children fan.
Old September 3 2011, 07:24 PM   #1028
DatasGirl
Ensign

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah SmoothieX, I noticed during the episode "The Most Toys" that Data was holding a phaser in his left hand, after that I paid more attention to it and realized that Brent is a leftie -like me. I already liked Data, but that gave me another reason to like him!
Old September 3 2011, 10:29 PM   #1029
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

^ That sounds cool. Would you mind it if you shared a synopsis of your story? What kind of character is she?
My stories aren't that great. I just kind of write them as I go but the girl for McCoy always stays the same.

Old September 8 2011, 10:05 PM   #1030
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

DatasGirl wrote: View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah SmoothieX, I noticed during the episode "The Most Toys" that Data was holding a phaser in his left hand, after that I paid more attention to it and realized that Brent is a leftie -like me. I already liked Data, but that gave me another reason to like him!
Everyone knows that we lefties are vastly superior to righties.
Old September 9 2011, 08:08 AM   #1031
Nurse Marmalade
Lieutenant

My stories aren't that great. I just kind of write them as I go but the girl for McCoy always stays the same.
I know you love and respect the Doc, so I'm sure you put in a lot of thought and care into your stories. Don't be hard on yourself.

Dr. Leonard McCoy Quiz
Old September 9 2011, 01:25 PM   #1032
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

I know you love and respect the Doc, so I'm sure you put in a lot of thought and care into your stories. Don't be hard on yourself.
Being negative about myself is something I do very, very well. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember (say, the mid 1980s - maybe somewhere between 1984 to 1987. I was only born in 1980). I go through times thinking I am the most useless, worthless person ever.

Old September 9 2011, 09:16 PM   #1033
Nurse Marmalade
Lieutenant

Being negative about myself is something I do very, very well. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember (say, the mid 1980s - maybe somewhere between 1984 to 1987. I was only born in 1980). I go through times thinking I am the most useless, worthless person ever.
Why do you think you're useless and worthless? Sometimes I'm intensely harsh on myself too...I'm my own worst critic. However, though I've only known you for a very short time, judging from your posts, you sound like a kind and intelligent person to me.

(By the way, we're close in age; I was born in 1983.)

Remember what McCoy told Kirk: "In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million earth-type planets...and in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this one. And in all of that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."

Dr. Leonard McCoy Quiz
Old September 9 2011, 09:36 PM   #1034
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Why do you think you're useless and worthless? Sometimes I'm intensely harsh on myself too...I'm my own worst critic. However, though I've only known you for a very short time, judging from your posts, you sound like a kind and intelligent person to me.
And not only that, but she enjoys the SHOUTING! I strongly recommend that you join in the SHOUTING! as well. (hint: it's in the ST XI forum)

Oh and I like your username very much.
Old September 10 2011, 12:09 AM   #1035
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

(By the way, we're close in age; I was born in 1983.)

Remember what McCoy told Kirk: "In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million earth-type planets...and in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this one. And in all of that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
I'm shy, have low confidence and self esteem, which sometimes leads me to thinking that I'm rubbish. It's something that has improved since I left school in 1997 (can't believe that was 14 years ago - GAH!) but it probably won't go away completely.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
And not only that, but she enjoys the SHOUTING! I strongly recommend that you join in the SHOUTING! as well. (hint: it's in the ST XI forum)

Oh and I like your username very much.
I only SHOUT in the appropriate thread though, unless something has annoyed me