MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old August 30 2011, 03:05 PM   #76
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek vs Stargate

Civ001 wrote: View Post
Like my other thread this one is talking about if there was a all out war between these two universe's who would win in a fight Star Trek vs Stargate?
Stargate becuase they know you can beam bombs to other ships if their shields are down.
Old August 30 2011, 08:41 PM   #77
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Is Voyager in the battle? If so, then the Stargate Universe is doomed. Voyager is the magic, ultra-destructo ship, and it always looks great the next week!
Old August 31 2011, 12:11 AM   #78
SG-17
Commodore

Stargate. The Taur'i ships don't just sit in place and form a firing line to attack the enemy ships like Trek ships do. They are actually maneuverable. Plus hyperspace is incredibly faster than Warp.

Old August 31 2011, 01:36 AM   #79
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

The Stargate universe would win, hands down. If Sam Carter could create a super doomsday weapon from just rubber bands, paper clips and chewing gum on an average day, then imagine what she could do if she got her hands on Starfleet tech.

Sean
Old August 31 2011, 03:00 AM   #80
SG-17
Commodore

USS Kongo wrote: View Post
The Stargate universe would win, hands down. If Sam Carter could create a super doomsday weapon from just rubber bands, paper clips and chewing gum on an average day, then imagine what she could do if she got her hands on Starfleet tech.

Sean
Not to mention that Asgard and Ancient technology is lightyears ahead of anything the Federation has and the Taur'i has access to all of it.

Old August 31 2011, 03:42 AM   #81
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

SG-17 wrote: View Post
USS Kongo wrote: View Post

Sean
Not to mention that Asgard and Ancient technology is lightyears ahead of anything the Federation has and the Taur'i has access to all of it.
Actually, good point. While the Taur'i didn't invent their space flight tech, it's still far more advanced than Starfleet's. In the end, it doesn't matter how the Taur'i got the tech, just the fact that they're in possession of it.

Sean
Old August 31 2011, 02:44 PM   #82
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: What do Star Trek fans think of Stargate?

Stargate would win.... the Replicators would eat everyone, Borg included.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old August 31 2011, 11:56 PM   #83
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Megas would win.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't included.

Megas > everything.
Old September 2 2011, 11:38 PM   #84
BrotherofShran0
Lieutenant

I would have to say stargate. I am not sure how starfleeet's starships shields would be against drones. I would live to put those drones against a Borg cube.
Old September 2 2011, 11:39 PM   #85
BrotherofShran0
Lieutenant

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
Stargate would win.... the Replicators would eat everyone, Borg included.
Borg Vs. the Replicators ...

There's a fight I pay good money to see.
Old September 6 2011, 07:06 PM   #86
poundpuppy29
Lieutenant Commander

View poundpuppy29's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Yahoo to poundpuppy29

me too
Old September 14 2011, 05:33 AM   #87
Rory
Ensign

loved SG-1 and Atlantis, Universe had it's moments but lacked direction imho
Old September 28 2011, 06:06 AM   #88
ngc7293
Commander

Beyond the fact that this has turned from a do you watch thread to a versus thread, I would rather get back to the topic.

I have watched all the episodes of SG1, SGA and SGU. I liked all of SG1 and I liked the movies too. I don't mind the way SGA ended the way it did. Sure I wouldn't have minded if the show had gone on for 50 more seasons, but hey, some shows only get 5. I am not a super fan of SGU, but I would have liked if TPTB would have told the writers that they were canceling before hand so the writers could tie up loose strings.
Old February 17 2013, 02:08 AM   #89
HeelsBasketball
Cadet

I registered because I wanted to share my opinion on this subject. First and foremost I want to state that Stargate is better than 99 percent of anything on television. However, Star Trek in any incarnation is still superior to Stargate IMHO.

Stargate seriously lacks the romanticism exploration that Star Trek encompasses. Stargate has too many militaristic elements and I am not too fond of the setting being in the current present in time on Earth. It is just not escapist enough in a sense.

I agree with others that every planet SG-1 seems to visit looks like Canada and I agree that it sort of detracts from the element of exploration. Trek a least offers a cornucopia of planetary settings. Trek is the ultimate in science fiction because it is the perfect mixture of science, space battles and drama, exploration and an escapism setting. Even Star Wars is better than Stargate because Star Wars offers a sense of escapism.

With everything stated Stargate is superb and I have watched every episode of every season of every series except the last year of SGU. Stargate has some gem episodes but I think that on average as others have stated that it seems to have a large proportion of bad episodes when compared to Trek.
Old February 17 2013, 03:49 PM   #90
AJ86
Captain

I'm not sure I would agree that escapism is so fundamental to good sci-fi. In fact I'd go so far as to say that it's more of an unavoidable, necessary evil at times.