Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old August 26 2011, 12:24 PM   #421
Jax
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

If TOR does well then no doubt EA will want to develop a Mass Effect MMO but that would be 4 years away at the minimum.
Old August 27 2011, 03:43 AM   #422
Saquist
Commodore

Reverend wrote: View Post
There's no shortage of speculation as to what they'll do post ME3 (a post-Reaper MMO or a First Contact War era action game setting seam to be the most popular options) but realistically, I don't see them giving it any serious thought until after ME3 goes on sale and they switch over to DLC production.

The IP is broad enough to accommodate any number of scenarios and indeed gameplay genres other than 3rd person RPG. It's wide open.

What ever it is I think it'll be on the next system.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2011, 11:01 PM   #423
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^As a PC gamer, that doesn't really affect me. Even so, from what I gather there's no solid information on just when the next generation of consoles are expected so it's doubtful any companies will be planning their releases around that.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2011, 01:49 PM   #424
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Apologies for the double post, but it looks like the voting is over and Bioware have announced that GingerFemShep has won. Not by as huge a margin as in the last round though. The raven haired FemShep came in a relatively close second with 12,905 votes to Red's 19,692. By way of contrast the blonde and brown haired choices came in at 5,465 and 5,590 respectively. So pretty much a two horse race, though not exactly a close run thing.

Last edited by Reverend; August 29 2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old August 29 2011, 02:04 PM   #425
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Cool, my favorite.
Old August 29 2011, 08:54 PM   #426
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Just had a look at the high-res image and it looks like they gave her green eyes and freckles to match. Neat. If only MaleShep looked half as interesting. Maybe next they should try voting on a new default MaleShep so he doesn't look quite as much like just about every other video game protagonist from the last decade.
Old August 29 2011, 09:05 PM   #427
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Just had a look at the high-res image and it looks like they gave her green eyes and freckles to match. Neat. If only MaleShep looked half as interesting. Maybe next they should try voting on a new default MaleShep so he doesn't look quite as much like just about every other video game protagonist from the last decade.
Except Male Shep has been on the box for the past two games, which might lead to a new one on the box invoking "Who the hell is this guy? "
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2011, 01:33 AM   #428
Mr Light
Admiral

Red heads always win

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2011, 05:17 PM   #429
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

SPCTRE@Facebook wrote:
OMG it's FemShep and she is, like, totally hot. What a surprise! :P

RedHeadFemShep is made of win.
"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2011, 05:28 PM   #430
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Except Male Shep has been on the box for the past two games, which might lead to a new one on the box invoking "Who the hell is this guy? "
IIRC FemShep is only appearing on the back of the CE tin box and trailers with her in them.
Old August 30 2011, 05:42 PM   #431
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

^ Yes.
"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson
Old August 30 2011, 07:19 PM   #432
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^One assumes this look will also be available in-game to replace (or supplement) the existing default FemShep.

It won't affect any of my existing saves as I already have plenty of FemSheps and I'm not sure if it's worth paying the extra tenner to get the collector's edition--I think I can live without a robotic dog and a set of weapons that are probably either over powered or useless after level 5--but still, it's nice to see a strong female protagonist getting some attention. Plus I'm sure the trailer will look cool.
As for those out there in the interwebs complaining that she looks too pretty to be credible (though in a rather less articulate manner) I think someone here already posted this Penny Arcade strip that pretty much encapsulates my attitude.

If I have one criticism though it's that she looks a little too young. Shepard was supposed to be what? 29-ish in ME1? Granted 22nd century modern medicine and the Lazarus Project may have rendered biological age somewhat irrelevant...but still.
Old August 30 2011, 11:24 PM   #433
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

I don't get a "too young" kind of vibe off of her. I feel she looks as if she might well be anything between 25 and 35
Old August 31 2011, 10:57 AM   #434
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I suppose it's pretty subjective. It might not be the face itself but the more subtle head to body proportions. Perhaps it's just my old artistic training kicking in but generally speaking, larger heads on smaller bodies usually means a younger character and the head here is a bit on the large side.

Not that I expect that to translate back into the game model or anything. This is clearly (at least partly) digital painting, not a rendered 3D model.
Old August 31 2011, 12:25 PM   #435
tommig
Cadet

I like the redhead I do also in real life but, i´ve got my good ol´ male Shepp waiting for me to bring him back to life in Mass Effect 3 ;D