TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old August 26 2011, 04:36 AM   #3331
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Online

JD wrote: View Post
It's not so much security, as not wanting to deal with people sending me tons of spam.
So you think the guy who runs the TrekBBS Armada fleet is going to spam you?
Old August 26 2011, 05:54 PM   #3332
mic of orion
Commander

Crafting

Looking to get some dual heavy phaser cannons (very rare), is this enough for pair or do i need to collect more? Or should i do some crafting just to test my skills first, I've done few plans as you can see, and also got few plans from vault mission. How many more particles should i collect and are there specific particles i should be looking for, and where' i'd find these?

as ever thanx for good comments.

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 26 2011, 06:21 PM   #3333
judge alba
senior street judge

syberghost wrote: View Post
Is there a website I can get it from? I don't like giving my email or stuff like that to people I don't know in person.
Nope.

BTW, in 30 seconds of research on your forum posts I had your date of birth. Email addresses are pretty innocuous things to try to hide.
It's not so much security, as not wanting to deal with people sending me tons of spam.

i'm a member of the fleet and have played with timelord on many occasion if it helps i can vouch he wont spam the crap out of you. he's a pretty decent guy (and can spell better then me )
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
Old August 26 2011, 07:16 PM   #3334
JD
Admiral

Would I need to download anything off of a site other than the game's site?
Old August 26 2011, 08:06 PM   #3335
mic of orion
Commander

And one screen shot from tactical game between Timelord and I

Now if you figure all these buttons and icons, in the midst of the battle, u are doing brilliantly.

Edit:

My current setup, any comments regarding consoles, weapon fit, bare in mind I'll take your advice just it might take time to get all the necessary stuff, funds are short atm, I have only 575000 credits, and I am doing all my missions to gain some emblems and more credits.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mic of orion; August 27 2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old August 26 2011, 08:11 PM   #3336
aelius
Commander

You do it the same way you get to Carnegie Hall... practice, practice, practice
Proud Member of the TrekBBS Armada
Old August 26 2011, 08:12 PM   #3337
mic of orion
Commander

just the game, that is all, game updates itself every time you log on.

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 26 2011, 09:47 PM   #3338
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

mic of orion wrote: View Post
How many more particles should i collect and are there specific particles i should be looking for, and where' i'd find these?
You can see the numbers and types of anomalies you need for what you want to craft at any time; select Research & Development from the in-game drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the screen. As for where to find specific ones, I suggest using STO Wiki.

No, you would only need to download the game client from the main website.
Old August 27 2011, 01:12 AM   #3339
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Secrets to "figuring out the buttons".

First, bring up bar 5 or 6, drag all your weapons onto it, mark them all to autofire (or all except one forward-facing torpedo, optionally), and then never look at that bar again.

Next, put all the things that have short cooldowns and that you use multiple times in every fight on the main bar. Put all the things that have long cooldowns and that you only fire off at the beginning of a fight, or the beginning of a big fight, on the top bar. Put everything else in the middle.

Organize them so that the stuff you use the most is on the left, and the stuff you use the least on the right; that way you can easily hit 1-4 on the top numbers on your keyboard with losing your hand position totally.

I also bind "`" to "equalize shields", so I can hit it quickly. You want that and "1" to be bound to the two things that you need to hit without having to hunt. For some people that's a front-firing torpedo, to take advantage of down shields; for others it's mines, to be dropped when the enemy is in a position where he can't miss them. For others, it's some kind of defensive measure.

If have the same power from more than one boff slot, I put the most powerful one on the bottom bar, the second above it, and the third above that; so I always know where to look for one. I do this with my shield heal.
Old August 27 2011, 02:35 AM   #3340
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

mic of orion wrote: View Post
Crafting

Looking to get some dual heavy phaser cannons (very rare), is this enough for pair or do i need to collect more? Or should i do some crafting just to test my skills first, I've done few plans as you can see, and also got few plans from vault mission. How many more particles should i collect and are there specific particles i should be looking for, and where' i'd find these?

as ever thanx for good comments.

Do you still have emblems because if you do you can buy some from the vendor in the center of ESD.
Old August 27 2011, 03:58 PM   #3341
mic of orion
Commander

^^

yeah I have 20+ maybe i can afford to buy one dual cannon from that vendor, but i kind of thinking i might do some crafting and make my own and sell any excess, I think there' big industry out there you can make rare items and sell them at the exchange (at cut price - 50-55% of exchange asking price)

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 27 2011, 04:54 PM   #3342
Qew
Lieutenant Junior Grade

After many months of playing, experimenting, PVP, etc, i've honed my setup - i'm pretty happy with it. I COULD get the Mk XI Purple Phaser Turrets via emblems but the time it would take to get 90 emblems is pointless - the Mk XI's don't give much of a dmg bonus anyways.

Old August 27 2011, 06:19 PM   #3343
mic of orion
Commander

Qew wrote: View Post
After many months of playing, experimenting, PVP, etc, i've honed my setup - i'm pretty happy with it. I COULD get the Mk XI Purple Phaser Turrets via emblems but the time it would take to get 90 emblems is pointless - the Mk XI's don't give much of a dmg bonus anyways.

nice setup, how about your consoles?

can you explain your choices of consoles why you went for particular engineering and science consoles? cheers

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mic of orion; August 27 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old August 27 2011, 06:51 PM   #3344
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Qew: Is that the Aegis set you have equipped? I'm currently working on getting my VA Tac (also flying a Defiant Refit) up to full crafting so I can get those items. Also aiming to replace most of my current ship setup once I'm fully maxed on crafting, but that's going to take a while because I didn't make this character a crafter when I was first playing the game.

You've also got a console in your second Science slot and a device in your first slot I don't recognize, which isn't much of a surprise to me since I recently returned to the game after leaving right at the beginning of the Breen FE. The Science console I assume is the Universal Borg one, but I don't have a guess on the device.

Since we've started sharing ship builds, here's my current WIP:

I've considered using turrets in the aft spots instead of the beam arrays, but I prefer having a wider range of aft fire protection compared to turrets.

(Limited ship slots in that picture because I was on the bridge of my Runabout.)
Old August 27 2011, 06:56 PM   #3345
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

^You realize you're flying without your main deflector?
Closed Thread