Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old August 1 2011, 03:55 AM   #61
Jetfire

Re: Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

^
Great vids. The "Amazing Grace" one is fantastic.
Old August 2 2011, 03:23 AM   #62
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

How about the promos for Warehouse 13?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...uIGpNIpA#t=84s (Only about 5 seconds here)

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMuLB...eature=related (The entire promo is specific for her ep)
Old August 3 2011, 11:13 PM   #63
Jetfire

^
Cool.
Old August 3 2011, 11:36 PM   #64
TedShatner10
Commodore

Yes, she has a surprisingly good singing voice.

I wonder if she could turn up in the next Starz production of Torchwood?
Old August 5 2011, 03:05 AM   #65
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I thought she looked good in uniform.

Always have.

Fisticuffs in a wedding dress.

Hurrah!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 02:06 AM   #66
Stoek
Commander

View Stoek's Twitter Profile

Frankly when 7 was first introduced I was less than impressed on multiple fronts. (Oh great she's tall, she's blonde, and she has a rack you could hang coats from, well I'm sure she was cast for her acting talents. Oh and she totally represses all her emotions, well that's not deriviative.) But then two very important episodes changed my opinion forever.

The first was Drone. It's an incredible episode. And by the time it gets to the end where One is sacrificing his life for the good of Voyager and they reprise the dialogue from earlier in the episode I'm dripping tears. Ryan's acting is both emotive and subtle at the same time and that's damned hard to pull off.

Then came Infinite Regress. Watching Ryan switch (often rapidly) between persona's was incredible. But what really did it for me was when she was the Ferengi. She got it, the body posture, the vocal inflections.

After that I was a fan of both the actor and the character.
Stoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 03:26 AM   #67
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

^^ Agreed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ZkF-qRhp8

Old August 9 2011, 02:32 AM   #68
Jetfire

^
That was a great ep...it was fun seeing Jeri play all those different personalities.
Old August 11 2011, 03:16 PM   #69
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I love it when she "comes to" and she and Janeway have a heart to heart in sickbay re: her need to "hold on". Great abridged version, just withOUT the preferred scene! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p42a8HeBYBc

The scene:

SEVEN: Thank you, Captain. If you do speak with him could you tell him that his mother is all right and if he could pos... Captain.
JANEWAY: Seven?
SEVEN: Yes. The vinculum?
JANEWAY: We're preparing to shut it down right away. I'll give the order as soon as Torres is ready.
SEVEN: How long was I absent?
JANEWAY: About twenty minutes.
SEVEN: How many?
JANEWAY: Two. One of them wanted to acquire half the items on the ship. Daimon Torrot, I believe.
SEVEN: Species 180, Ferengi.
JANEWAY: Yes. The other was a woman whose son was lost in a Borg attack. You'll get through this, Seven.
They stand side by side, not looking at each other as Seven's voice wavers.
SEVEN: I do not share your optimism. When you took me from the Borg and began to turn me into an individual I found the silence of my own mind difficult to bear. I missed the voices of the Collective. But now that I am an individual those same voices frighten me. Captain, I don't know if I can tolerate this condition much longer. My courage is insufficient.
JANEWAY: Your job is to keep trying. To hold on even when you think you can't. Leave the rest to me and the crew.
Old August 13 2011, 01:09 AM   #70
Saxman1
Commodore

Ryan is quite good in "Body of Proof," the new police procedural starring Dana Delaney, as her character's boss.
Saxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 04:53 AM   #71
Jetfire

I still need to check out 'Body Of Proof'.

A classic.

Old August 17 2011, 08:01 AM   #72
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

I know I'm late, but I've been watching Season 4 and doing it at a pretty quick pace and I've got to say, I love early 7 of 9. She was more of a rebel, but she also had a humor side, like the scenes with Kim in Revulsion. I actually just watched "Random Thoughts" and her scene with Janeway at the end was great. She comes in, says her piece, and leaves and Janeway can only say "dismissed".

I've also been kind of looking forward to the episodes 7 was the main character (Which doesn't seem that many this early on, at least from what I can remember) and other than the Bomar story, I really really like The Raven. Well told character story and gives us more glimpses of Annika Hanson. Also, Jeri Ryan is really playing 7 well in the early going. Looking forward to revisiting season 5-7 and see how the character develops (Which I know she really starts bonding with The Doctor and my favorite 7 of 9 episode might be Someone to Watch Over Me).

I do kind of wish she had kept the Silver outfit a little longer. Must of been really uncomfortable but man was it attractive.

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 08:09 PM   #73
FelizNavidad
Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
BTW for you Jeri Ryan fans who haven't listened to it yet, here's episode #95 of the Nerdist Podcast.

http://www.nerdist.com/2011/06/nerdi...-95-jeri-ryan/

Jeri seems to be a super fun person
Thanks for the Link. Listened to it during my workout and wow I knew Jeri Ryan was fun but she is just really fun. She's so perky and has an awesome personality. She's kind of like Katee Sackhoff (BSG fame) in that vain, which is probably why I like her so much. Great interview and thanks for sharing.

sjsharksfan39
Old August 18 2011, 03:33 PM   #74
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I do kind of wish she had kept the Silver outfit a little longer. Must of been really uncomfortable but man was it attractive.
While I'm completely on board with the fact that JR is drop-dead gorgeous, I don't get the appeal of catsuits.

I mean, I get that they're supertight and more of a glorified coat of body-paint, but IMHO a dress or a uniform is so much sexier.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2011, 05:07 PM   #75
FelizNavidad
Admiral

The times I liked 7 the most was when she was either in uniform, in a dress, or had the hair down. Of course I was speaking with what we ended up getting, which was the catsuit. I just wish since the writers did that, they would have kept the silver a little bit longer, but I agree, the times Ryan was more attractive was when she was more casual than normal.

sjsharksfan39