Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old August 13 2011, 11:06 PM   #3256
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Online

Thanks to the fine folks at SubSpace Radio, you can now join chat channel "stoirc" for two-way communication with #STO, the formerly-official IRC channel.
Old August 14 2011, 12:46 AM   #3257
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

In case there's anyone interested who hasn't already seen it, the latest "Ask Cryptic" for August was posted late of Friday. (link)
Old August 14 2011, 01:44 AM   #3258
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Noname Given wrote: View Post
In case there's anyone interested who hasn't already seen it, the latest "Ask Cryptic" for August was posted late of Friday. (link)
Yes, and dstahl responded to my question... not really an answer though.
Old August 16 2011, 03:31 AM   #3259
Scout101
Admiral

Anyone know if they're going to turn the Foundry back on at some point? It's been out a while now. Figured it might just be to get the bugs worked out of the season 4 release, but it's been a while now.

And if they're not going to turn out new episodes or endgame content more quickly, the Foundry missions are key to getting veteran players to keep logging in...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 16 2011, 04:02 AM   #3260
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Fix for the Foundry bug is on Tribble, go test it out. If it works out, they'll put it on Holodeck soon.
Old August 16 2011, 05:15 AM   #3261
mic of orion
Commander

OK, to post few of mine, mind you i'v been playing this game for less than 10 days (on free trail thing) and i am about to get 4 strips. One thing i don't know is, what happens when my trail period expiries, can i just simply pay monthly membership fee without losing my character or dl'd new game and start from scratch?

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2n9z3ig.jpg -personal kit.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mic of orion; August 17 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old August 16 2011, 06:24 AM   #3262
Destructor
Commodore

Once your trial expires you'll be given an opportunity to pay the monthly fee and continue with that character. That's the whole point of the trial, to get you to do that.
Old August 16 2011, 07:05 AM   #3263
Sybok
Lieutenant

i miss this game, though i dont regret i took the summer off since there was no new content

hopefully i will resubscribe eventually now with atari byebye things can get going again with our new chinese friends
Old August 16 2011, 08:06 AM   #3264
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Anyone know if they're going to turn the Foundry back on at some point? It's been out a while now. Figured it might just be to get the bugs worked out of the season 4 release, but it's been a while now.

And if they're not going to turn out new episodes or endgame content more quickly, the Foundry missions are key to getting veteran players to keep logging in...
The Foundry was actually up and working (and the corrupted missions restored) for about a week. Then they had to push a patch that changed a number of backend things (for the PWI sale) - and it had a know issue (that they posted about on the Tribble and th Holodeck patch notes) which they thiought ONLY occured when editing and previewing a ground map.

After they pushed it Live - they found in affected more than just grond maps in the Foundry editor (but again, to be fair, they soon narrowed itr down to a few specific ground maps and any mission using that map would crash on transfer) - so last Friday afternoon - after a week of the Foundry being up and fully usable, they took it down again, until a build that fixed the problem could be tested.

That build is now on Tribble (Monday 8/15/11); and they said they want to do some more internal and Tribble testing; but if all goeds well, they expect to re-enable the Foundry sometime on Wednesday (8/17/11).
Old August 16 2011, 03:50 PM   #3265
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Hey did anyone else notice that we can switch to shuttles from inside our ships now?
Old August 16 2011, 04:35 PM   #3266
Darth Thanatos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

@mic of orion

Not to sound offensive, but...

Could you please:

a) remove those images,
b) replace them with a link to them, or
c) resize them to be more "forum friendly"?

I don't know about other people, but I would be grateful not to have to scroll sideways to read a post.

Usually forum mods and owners don't like huge pics posted in threads and have rules saying so and threatening offenders with the Wrath of Mods or something equally scary.

I don't recall these forums to have such a rule, but it would be better if they didn't need to add it (if there isn't) or enforce it (if there is).
Old August 16 2011, 06:11 PM   #3267
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

Agreed - they're even stretching my screen, and it's a 1680*1050 widescreen!
Old August 16 2011, 07:36 PM   #3268
Scout101
Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Hey did anyone else notice that we can switch to shuttles from inside our ships now?
Anyone know if they fixed the bug with THAT? It worked just fine, but the mission still counted you as in your big ship. I.E. when i tried to do shuttle-specific missions like the Delta Flyer crafting mission, it wasn't giving me the shuttle data. If i went to a spacedock to change ships, I got credit, just not when launched from my big ship. Which kinda defeats the purpose...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 16 2011, 07:48 PM   #3269
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Yes that's been true for the last month.
Old August 18 2011, 10:48 PM   #3270
Uxi
Lieutenant Commander

I left just as Ep 2 was hitting. Have interiors been more detailed or still just the bridge/crew deck/engineering deck/etc? I almost just wanted a fancy version of Starship Creator and it kinda worked for that... can you set generic crew uniforms yet?

Gameplay wise, have they done anything to get rid of the blatant repetitive formula of do x 1 or 3 times and then head back to beamup/warp out/leave the instance?
Closed Thread