Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 14 2011, 06:06 PM   #16
ElBurro
Lieutenant Commander

Location: On a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Re: Geordi & Data

I always loved the relationship between Riker and Troi. They just seemed to want the other to be happy, either with the two of them friends or as something more.

IIRC, there is an episode where Riker says something like that to someone. An empath on board the Enterprise said that he would make a move on Troi to piss Riker off and then he said something along the lines of 'You've read me wrong. If you could make Deanna happy, that would make me happy'.

I also really love the friendship and mutual respect between Riker and Picard. One of my favourite parts with those two is the Captain Picard Day scene, with Riker making fun of the Captain, but not going too far with it.

"We are in the Universe and the Universe is in us" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
ElBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2011, 04:00 AM   #17
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

ElBurro wrote: View Post
I always loved the relationship between Riker and Troi. They just seemed to want the other to be happy, either with the two of them friends or as something more.

IIRC, there is an episode where Riker says something like that to someone. An empath on board the Enterprise said that he would make a move on Troi to piss Riker off and then he said something along the lines of 'You've read me wrong. If you could make Deanna happy, that would make me happy'.
That would be from "The Price". I watched that one last week. I, too, love the interplay between Riker and Troi. They always seem the best of friends, and know each other so well, but at the same time, you just know deep down something more is desired by both of them.

I also really love the friendship and mutual respect between Riker and Picard. One of my favourite parts with those two is the Captain Picard Day scene, with Riker making fun of the Captain, but not going too far with it.
Oh, yes!

I just watched that episode the other day, and my favorite part of that scene is where Picard says "They seem to have a rather exaggerated impression of me", and Riker waves the little Captain Picard puppet's arm and says "I don't know, I think the resemblance is rather striking. Wouldn't you agree, number one?" in this terrific Captain Picard voice.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2011, 04:14 AM   #18
Paulcpick
Commander

Data and LaForge were like Peas and carrots...
Paulcpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 04:36 PM   #19
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

That's the one I was thinking of. In the serious moments, they play off each other so naturally. Some of the unspoken stuff between them is the best.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2011, 03:22 AM   #20
Caesar753
Commander

I always loved Geordi and Data's friendship. One of my favorite things about trek is the genuine friendships we've seen between characters, like Geordi/Data, Picard/Crusher and Bashir/O'Brien.
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2011, 08:00 AM   #21
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Agreed. I believe it gave credence to the idea that they're shipmates who have served alongside one another for a long time. For example, I like how Worf became more comfortable with them over time.
Old August 18 2011, 11:09 AM   #22
ElBurro
Lieutenant Commander

Location: On a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

I think TNG is one of those rare examples of a tv show where if you put any two characters together, they make a good double act.

With the exception of Dr Craptastic from season 2. Really did not like her.

"We are in the Universe and the Universe is in us" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
ElBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2011, 11:10 AM   #23
J. Allen
Best Pony™

I think TNG is one of those rare examples of a tv show where if you put any two characters together, they make a good double act.

Really? Oh, I love Dr. Pulaski. She was a great foil for Data and a sister in arms for Worf. She also clashed with Picard, which was a nice change of pace up to that point.
Old August 18 2011, 11:16 AM   #24
Saquist
Commodore

Green Shirt wrote: View Post
They certainly spent a lot of time in some first season episodes giving each other goofy looks and nods while seated at conn and ops.

that sure is true...

"My Hero"~Geordie
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2011, 05:11 PM   #25
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

I actually saw a doc named Pulaski this morning. He stuck needles in my arm and then shot electric current through them. And he had as much personality as a phone book.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote