Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 193 69.93%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 58 21.01%
Meh. 18 6.52%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 7 2.54%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18 2011, 03:40 PM   #406
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hello DoctorJones Welcome to the forums.
Old June 20 2011, 05:23 PM   #407
DoctorJones
Ensign

Thank you
After looking around, I must say these forums look pretty awesome compared to the Star Trek Facebook page and the StarTrek.com boards. Far too much hate and criticism on those two websites.
DoctorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 05:39 PM   #408
OrionKahless
Ensign

Hey, none of this Klingon discrimination! :P

My Earth name is Steph and i'm from England and grew up watching the Next Generation practically every day (my mum has had an obsession with Patrick Stewart since before i was born). It became a part of me and have always loved anything Star Trek!

My favourite series is The Next Gernation of course, Klingons are my favourite race. I find it too hard to choose a favourite character, but favourite captain? Jean-Luc Picard every time.

I'm rubbish at inroducing myself and what not!

So Hello Everyone!!
OrionKahless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 06:07 PM   #409
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello OrionKahless
Old July 7 2011, 08:47 PM   #410
pfr_77
Cadet

ahi there

I'm really not all THAT much a Trek fan. In my youth I recall seeing a few episodes of TOS of TNG from time to time. I saw First Contact in theaters with my uncle and my father when I was, like, seven years old hah... I never really got into it, though; I was a Star Wars Kid :<

Lately, though, I've been trying to get into it. I've watched about half of the first season of TOS, the first 6 or so of TNG (which I've liked a little bit more) and the fist episode of DS9. Other than the shows not really "clicking" for me, I watched the first four films over the past few days and enjoyed them a lot. Yes, even The Motion Picture (of which I saw the Director's Cut). So that has made me want to get more into it... and with these series having recently hit netflix, well, that's all the more reason to! I've always felt like it was something I should be into but just slipped past me when I was younger
pfr_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2011, 07:24 PM   #411
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello pfr_77. Welcome to the forums
Old July 10 2011, 04:49 PM   #412
cblmc1296
Commander

View cblmc1296's Twitter Profile

Hello everyone!

I've occasionally lurked here but just joined last night. I have been a die hard fan since the late 60's (when TOS got moved to Fridays at 10:00 PM I couldn't watch 'cause it was past my bed time!).

TOS, TNG, and the films are what I've focused on the most although I don't dislike DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise.

I recently started a blog specifically to write about Star Trek, Trek fandom, and so forth. It's been my experience that it's generally a no no to post links on discussion boards - so I won't do that. But I will point out that I plan on blogging from Creation Star Trek 2011 in Las Vegas. So, if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

Nice to "meet" all of you! LLAP
cblmc1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2011, 08:12 PM   #413
MagGu
Lieutenant

Hey everyone! I'm Maggie. I just joined the other day!

My mom loved TNG. She loooooooooooooooved Picard. I would watch the reruns with her everyday after school. I only got to see a little of DS9 back then, because it was just getting over when I got home from school everyday, but on my many sick days I got to watch it. (I don't think we got the channel the new episodes were on...same with VOY)

I wasn't able to watch all of DS9 or any of Voyager until about 2006-07 when I netflixed every disc of every season of both shows and fell completely in love with all things Trek. Until then I didn't consider myself a "trekkie" ... I just watched TNG when I was a kid, but didn't think that much of it. Now I'm a definite Trekkie, reading the books and everything. I'm also trying to get my sister on board. She's very wary of the term Trekkie, but so far she's LOVING DS9 (I'm netflixing it for her, and she's in season 5...where it really heats up, imo!) and I showed her the first ep of VOY last night, and she's interested in continuing! Now if only she'll realize that being a trekkie isn't a bad thing, and just go with it!

OK, I rambled! But I'm glad to be a part of these forums now! I love all the discussions I'm reading! This is great!
MagGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2011, 08:38 PM   #414
cblmc1296
Commander

Hi MagGu. Nice to see another newbie like me so soon. :-)
cblmc1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2011, 01:16 AM   #415
Draculasaurus
Lieutenant Commander

Hello. I'm new here.
I'm mainly known as a Doctor Who fan artist, but I thought I'd come hang out over here for a while.
Now, just 99 more posts until I'm allowed to post pictures (!?).
Draculasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 10:46 PM   #416
kirk55555
Commodore

Hi.
I've been a trekkie for years. Star Trek is my favorite Sci-Fi series. My Dad likes Star Trek (although not as much as I do) and thats how I started to watch it. I like all the series (even Voyager and Enterprise, which don't seem to get a lot of love from fans). DS9 and TNG are tied for my favorite series, followed by VOY, TOS, and ENT. I love the books too.

As for non Star Trek Sci-Fi stuff, I also really like Firefly, Stargate SG-1, and Star Wars (I like the Star Wars expanded universe, like books, more than the movies themselves).

I was looking around for a Star Trek forum, since I'm really the only one I know who likes to talk about Star Trek, and I found this one. It looks cool, and I'm glad I found it.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 11:26 PM   #417
cblmc1296
Commander

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Hi.
I've been a trekkie for years. Star Trek is my favorite Sci-Fi series. My Dad likes Star Trek (although not as much as I do) and thats how I started to watch it. I like all the series (even Voyager and Enterprise, which don't seem to get a lot of love from fans). DS9 and TNG are tied for my favorite series, followed by VOY, TOS, and ENT. I love the books too.

As for non Star Trek Sci-Fi stuff, I also really like Firefly, Stargate SG-1, and Star Wars (I like the Star Wars expanded universe, like books, more than the movies themselves).

I was looking around for a Star Trek forum, since I'm really the only one I know who likes to talk about Star Trek, and I found this one. It looks cool, and I'm glad I found it.
Welcome Kirk55555! I am a relative newb to the boards too. In fact, I won't even be able to have an avatar until tomorrow. Nevertheless, I've already had some very interesting interactions here. A great place to "meet" like minded folks. Enjoy!

\\//_ LLAP
Old July 24 2011, 12:44 PM   #418
The 13th Doctor
Cadet

Hi there,

Just wanna say hi to you all. Love the Trek and first got into it with the movies, with Wrath of Khan my favourite. Out of the series gotta say that TNG is my favourite.

Also a big fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy: love Dr Who, the Wars and LOTR. Also love reading the books by Terry Brooks and George R R Martin.

To close I just wanna wish you all well and see you around,

TTD
The 13th Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2011, 11:04 PM   #419
KHAAAN
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello - newbie here.

I just thought I'd join because I like Star Trek and this is the place to discuss it. I'm mainly a TOS fan, and the movies. I like TNG - watched DS9 and Voyager but never really took them to my heart the same way. Thought Enterprise was alright, but before S4 it wasn't proper Star Trek imho. And then it ended.

So yes. Hopefully I'll be around here a bit expressing dodgy opinions like the above.
KHAAAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2011, 03:40 AM   #420
cblmc1296
Commander

^^^
^^^Hello to both of you!