Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 7 2011, 09:39 PM   #16
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

Dream wrote: View Post
Jax wrote: View Post
I would be surprised to see Halo HD as a full price game and Halo 4 is going to be different because its a new trilogy, new story and new studio.
Damn, why does everything have to be a trilogy?
The answer is, of course, spelled M-O-N-E-Y!
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2011, 11:18 PM   #17
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Dac wrote: View Post
Halo 4: Why has the Chief got a jetpack? Why does Cortana sound different? Why does the Chief look different? Why is the ship they're on different? Why is the music crappy?
Welcome to the miracle of art direction. The remains of the ship were refitted and the Chief got done up by the same contractors who replaced the carpet on the bridge of the Enterprise-D between Riker saying "Fire" and the ship actually firing in "The Best of Both Worlds."

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Looks like the Halo Remastered is reusing character models and weapons straight from Reach.
The multiplayer certainly is. The campaign models still look low resolution though.
They aren't just reusing models for multiplayer. As I understand it, it's just seven new maps for Reach multiplayer, not unlike what happened with ODST.
Old June 8 2011, 12:34 AM   #18
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

David cgc wrote: View Post
Halo 4: Why has the Chief got a jetpack? Why does Cortana sound different? Why does the Chief look different? Why is the ship they're on different? Why is the music crappy?
Welcome to the miracle of art direction. The remains of the ship were refitted and the Chief got done up by the same contractors who replaced the carpet on the bridge of the Enterprise-D between Riker saying "Fire" and the ship actually firing in "The Best of Both Worlds."

That's just like changing the hue of the Chief's armor though (which they've done). That I don't mind, that I can live with. Changing the geometry/abilities is like Turning the Enterprise D into a Prometheus class ship during the best of both worlds and just not saying anything
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 01:10 PM   #19
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Here's the official site it seems. For now at least:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4

It has a couple of new pics, and an example of box art which I'm willing to bet is gonna change. I really don't like that new armor though. Way too generic.
If I'm getting the gist right from that main page, we've now moved from Larry Niven-esque Ringworlds and onto Dyson Sphere's. What's next, O'Neil colonies?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 02:14 PM   #20
Dac
Commodore

SilentP wrote: View Post
Here's the official site it seems. For now at least:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4

It has a couple of new pics, and an example of box art which I'm willing to bet is gonna change. I really don't like that new armor though. Way too generic.
If I'm getting the gist right from that main page, we've now moved from Larry Niven-esque Ringworlds and onto Dyson Sphere's. What's next, O'Neil colonies?

They already did Dyson sphere's in Halo Wars. To awesome effect.

Spoilertown:

Old June 8 2011, 02:15 PM   #21
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Yay, more Master Chief and Cortana. Wake me when Halo finds more interesting protagonists.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 03:22 PM   #22
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

@Dac: Oooo, that is quite cool.
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 04:21 PM   #23
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

Well, I'm looking forward to both. (Or all four, I guess, if it's a second trilogy.) I always love me some Halo.
Old June 13 2011, 07:40 PM   #24
O'Dib
Commodore

I have always enjoyed Halo multiplayer, but never had much interest in finishing any of the story modes.
Old June 15 2011, 03:36 AM   #25
Showdown
Fleet Captain

Can't wait. My brother and I always had fun playing them.
Old July 23 2011, 06:57 PM   #26
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Not sure how long this will last, but Newegg.com currently has Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary pre-orders on sale for $29 after using promo code EMCYTZT622.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 08:57 PM   #27
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Here's video of the Silent Cartographer level from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, as shown at Comic-Con:

"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 09:39 PM   #28
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

Summary: Instead of taking the time to put effort into this "gift to the fans", we've decided to have two fucking game engines running at the same time, while not even bothering to implement improvements to the original code after a decade of successor games. And half-assed Co-op that was already in the original game.

Enjoy the processor and ass rape, Halo fans.

I'm so glad I stopped playing after H2. If they spent more than 5 months on this I'd be shocked.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 09:54 PM   #29
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

I really don't like that new armor though. Way too generic.
Welcome to my thoughts, circa Halo 2's release. It's as if Bungie/Squee43 set a project for goal to make MC's armor more slapped together.

Oh, and 343 Ind., if you really want to give a gift to the fans, try these suggestions:
  • $30 rebate for everyone who purchased ODST full price. 4 hours of gameplay is NOT worth $60.
  • Add Multiplayer Fighter Combat to Reach because, you know, it was the only fucking interesting part of the game.
  • Give everyone who purchased Halo 2 a change to kick the Level Designer in the nuts. A PURPLE MAP IS NOT A GOOD MAP.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 10:30 PM   #30
Dac
Commodore

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
I really don't like that new armor though. Way too generic.
Welcome to my thoughts, circa Halo 2's release. It's as if Bungie/Squee43 set a project for goal to make MC's armor more slapped together.

Oh, and 343 Ind., if you really want to give a gift to the fans, try these suggestions:
  • $30 rebate for everyone who purchased ODST full price. 4 hours of gameplay is NOT worth $60.
  • Add Multiplayer Fighter Combat to Reach because, you know, it was the only fucking interesting part of the game.
  • Give everyone who purchased Halo 2 a change to kick the Level Designer in the nuts. A PURPLE MAP IS NOT A GOOD MAP.
Eh, I'm not as embittered as you are. I liked Halo 2's redesign because it was an evolution that made sense. Chief got home and got upgraded, that i'm cool with.

Thing with Halo 3 to Halo 4 - It's very clear that there was absolutely no opportunity for him to get an armor change between the two. He's literally coming out of that cryo-sleep at the start of the Halo 4 trailer that we saw him put into at the end of Halo 3, meaning there should be no way in hell he got an armor change during this undisclosed amount of time. If somehow some UNSC folks found him and upgraded him, why the fuck leave him in cryo sleep adrift?

I'm ok if he lands on this "planet"/shield world/forerunner installation and some super advanced droid thing tinkers with his suit and adds in some super advanced tech, but straight out of the cryo tank is what's irking me.

As for ODST, it was a bit on the short side, but I loved the story, and I replayed that campaign multiple times and gathered all the audio logs. Sure, perhaps it shouldn't have been full priced but I certainly got a lot of enjoyment from it. More so than other games I've purchased I'll tell you that.

And while Reach's space battles were cool and multiplayer versions of that would rock, it was by no means a be all feature of the game. Like ODST I loved Reach's story, it's multiplayer is vastly superior to that of Halo 3, and it looks gorgeous.

I agree that purple covvie levels are an utter clusterfuck though.