Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 23 2011, 12:28 PM   #31
Spalko
Commander

Re: Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

teacake wrote: View Post
They brought her in for her looks and what they got was a fascinating character with one of the best story arcs and character developments in all of Trek.
Quoted for truth.

I never liked Voyager back when it was first aired. I was TNG fan by then and I didn't enjoy Voyager as I did with TNG. I remember watching it until Scorpions and then I didn't see anymore episodes... until a few months ago that my guy started watching it again (you know, to watch something and not get bored) I ignored it but, as a fan of The Borg that I'm, I sat down to watch Scorpions again and I thought that it was nice but, in a couple of days I saw The Gift and, in the final scene where you can see Seven in her silver biosuit and she turns around to say "Red" to Janeway... there she got me and I knew that I need to watch all her episodes.

I adore Janeway, but I started to like her through Seven and the way she improved thanks to their relationship.

There is still a lot of hate against Seven (right this morning I read the nice nickname someone gave her: Borg bitch) and I still do not know why, after several years people do not accept that she was a terrific character that improved a show with bad scripts and dull characters (Why did the writers did that? It was a waste of good characters)

Yes, like you all said, she was brought by the look, and I won't deny that she looked amazing but she brought good scripts, plots... and showed us that behind that beauty, there was a good actress and a very interesting and deep character.

Ninjacore wrote: View Post
7 of 9 is way hotter than Janeway, tho T'pol is hotter than 7 of 9.
I still find 7 of 9 hotter than T'pol. I see T'pol and I do not feel anything.

My rank:

7 of 9 - Janeway -T'pol

and by hotter I mean not only the looks but the personality too.

Jetfire wrote: View Post
^
That is a great vid. I actually enjoyed Boston Public. I haven't checked out 'Body Of Proof' yet. I am a bad Jeri Ryan fan.
I have watched a couple of episodes but, psss, those series do not catch my attention. I'm a bad fan too.
Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 03:12 PM   #32
T.D. Possum
Commodore

Congrats on getting your thread off to a good start, Jetfire. I really like the way you organized the opening post. We should do something like that when we start up the second Janeway thread.

Anyway, here's one of my favorite pictures of Seven, in her proper uniform, which I really like. Also, bonus Janeway.

T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 03:16 PM   #33
froot
Fleet Captain

Spalko wrote: View Post
There is still a lot of hate against Seven (right this morning I read the nice nickname someone gave her: Borg bitch) and I still do not know why
Part of it might be the "why" of the character came on the show - this was the thing hardest for me to get over (and while I mostly am, if I think about it too hard I get a bit mad,) and I think another is 'shipping

J/Cers have a tendency to be hostile to Seven, J/7ers have a tendency to be hostile to Chakotay, and C/7ers tend to be hostile to Janeway. It's not exactly true across the board, of course, but that's how it seems. Ah, the Love Triangle.

Whatever character is the third wheel in the 'ship is considered competition and needs to be eliminated.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 03:32 PM   #34
Spalko
Commander

I'm J/7 fan and I do not bash Chakotay :P

froot wrote: View Post

Whatever character is the third wheel in the 'ship is considered competition and needs to be eliminated.
Yes, I never understood all these hostilities between fans. Oh, the third wheel in my head is The doctor, so it's a happy trio
Old July 23 2011, 03:42 PM   #35
froot
Fleet Captain

And I don't bash Seven It's not a given, of course, just something that seems to happen a lot!

And that is a happy trio.
Old July 23 2011, 04:05 PM   #36
Gov Kodos
Admiral

one of my favorite images, so very cute.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 04:08 PM   #37
Spalko
Commander

I want that doll...

My favourite pic of Seven. Looks beautiful, serene, and she is wearing the blue biosuit that makes her look ever more breathtaking.

Old July 23 2011, 04:20 PM   #38
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Mad double posting!
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old July 23 2011, 04:23 PM   #39
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Yes, the blue is lovely, as is the blue and grey suit she looks wonderful

That is a fantastic photo. I'd love to find a color version of this, the comfy slippers.
Old July 23 2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Gov Kodos
Admiral

That is a fantastic photo. I'd love to find a color version of this, the comfy slippers.
Old July 23 2011, 04:32 PM   #41
Spalko
Commander

Nhhnng! She always looks so good in the grey/blue biosuit... specially carrying a phaser and looking fierce:

The comfy slippers pic is one of my all times favourites, Gov Kodos. She looks so adorable, relaxed and beautiful in that one.
Old July 23 2011, 11:51 PM   #42
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

There is still a lot of hate against Seven (right this morning I read the nice nickname someone gave her: Borg bitch) and I still do not know why

J/Cers have a tendency to be hostile to Seven.... Ah, the Love Triangle.

ACK!

I think I spent a couple months and 82 thousand words disproving a link between J/Cers and Seven haters! I love them both, and although I bow at the ingenuity and sweetness behind many J/7 vids, I'll go to the grave seeing there relationship as purely nonsexual. (Just like I'll go to the grave seeing the opposite between Xena and Gabrielle! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqsYgrl1Rw

Oh wait... this is the Seven/Jeri thread.... Need to leave the white tuxed Janeway aside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbWC...tailpage#t=61s

This one is just for Spalko! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odjQio5k6lg&feature=fvst

Old July 24 2011, 12:23 AM   #43
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

(Yes, I know I spelled "their" wrong, but I refuse to edit posts with vids that actually "work". )

Ask and you shall find it... on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pox1jShyh5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pox1jShyh5Y&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pox1jShyh5Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

And I think Spalko's fav blue suit can be found here.

http://www.treksinscifi.com/babedail...0_TV_Babes.jpg

I like how the "taller" Lucy is crouching so that Seven looks bigger.

Hmmmm.

http://www.trektoday.com/images/news/jerilucy.jpg

I wonder if Gabrielle and Janeway should be worried?
Old July 24 2011, 12:26 AM   #44
froot
Fleet Captain

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post

J/Cers have a tendency to be hostile to Seven.... Ah, the Love Triangle.

ACK!

I think I spent a couple months and 82 thousand words disproving a link between J/Cers and Seven haters!

I'd love to see these 82 thousand words! I've seen this happen with mine own eyes having spent a lot of time around the J/C chunk of our little fandom. It absolutely isn't everyone, but it sure happens.

I think the fine people here, however, do not indulge in such things, which is nice
Old July 24 2011, 12:39 AM   #45
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

froot, froot... be careful what you wish for! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvkoo66vYI

The link to the story can be found in Possum's vid description.

And since Seven is 1 of the 3 linchpins upon which this story rests, this post is still kosher for the Seven appreciation thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvkoo66vYI&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvkoo66vYI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">