Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old July 7 2011, 11:59 AM   #31
James Swallow
Writer

View James Swallow's Twitter Profile
Re: New podcast devoted to Trek lit

Hey guys, just been listening to your show, and a thought occurs - it might be useful in your show notes to give timings for the points where each discussion subject kicks off, so folks who want to can go straight to a particular part of the show.

Also, regarding...
Nick M wrote: View Post
A discussion about S&S and their social media, that Pocket Books doesn't even register (meaning they have no Twitter stream for PB or it is so sparely followed)
Pocket Books does indeed has a Twitter stream (@Pocket_Books) with over 7,000 followers. It's also worth noting that Star Trek tie-ins are now printed under the Galley Books imprint, which has its own Twitter stream (@gallery_books) with just under 1,500 followers.

Incidentally, if you're promoting social media, a lot of us Trek authors also have Twitter feeds, as well...

Last edited by James Swallow; July 7 2011 at 02:11 PM.
James Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2011, 03:15 PM   #32
Nick M
Lieutenant

View Nick M's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Nick M

James Swallow wrote: View Post
Hey guys, just been listening to your show, and a thought occurs - it might be useful in your show notes to give timings for the points where each discussion subject kicks off, so folks who want to can go straight to a particular part of the show.

Also, regarding...
Nick M wrote: View Post
A discussion about S&S and their social media, that Pocket Books doesn't even register (meaning they have no Twitter stream for PB or it is so sparely followed)
Pocket Books does indeed has a Twitter stream (@Pocket_Books) with over 7,000 followers. It's also worth noting that Star Trek tie-ins are now printed under the Galley Books imprint, which has its own Twitter stream (@gallery_books) with just under 1,500 followers.

Incidentally, if you're promoting social media, a lot of us Trek authors also have Twitter feeds, as well...
Mr. Swallow,

Thank you, and that is definitely something we will incorporate into the notes.

We did find the Pocket Books information, we did not know about the Gallery Books! Thank you so much!

If you have Skype you are more than welcome to come on the show any time, and we will be discussing "Synthesis" in about two/three weeks....
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2011, 07:21 AM   #33
Technobuilder
Commodore

Not to harp on it but I'd really like to see the shows released as .mp3 files.

The size of these video files (even on youtube) are around 550mb.

That's frankly insane for a file I just want to listen to.

Also, Did Episode 3 happen? I haven't seen a link for it and can't locate one on YouTube.

Thanks.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2011, 06:57 PM   #34
KQuita
Lieutenant

I've been checking and still can't find the podcast through ITunes. Is this going to happen or has it just been written off.
KQuita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2011, 09:57 PM   #35
Yevetha
Commodore

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
Not to harp on it but I'd really like to see the shows released as .mp3 files.

The size of these video files (even on youtube) are around 550mb.

That's frankly insane for a file I just want to listen to.

Also, Did Episode 3 happen? I haven't seen a link for it and can't locate one on YouTube.

Thanks.

The same here.
Yevetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2011, 11:17 PM   #36
KQuita
Lieutenant

I want to apologize if I came off as sounding snarky and to acknowledge what you guys are doing is something special for fans by fans and that it's something I would like to be able to follow. Unfortunately that can only occur using my Ipod. So I am really looking forward to the possibility of it coming to ITunes. Thanks again for all your effort. Bob
Old July 13 2011, 01:51 AM   #37
tmclough
Lieutenant Commander

I, too, would prefer an audio-only version. That said, it should be available both through iTunes, for those that use that, and elsewhere, for those of us who don't.
Old July 13 2011, 02:51 AM   #38
Nick M
Lieutenant

Jolan Tru all,

I am sorry I have not replied in a bit, I had my children last week (as a divorced dad I tend to cherish the weekends and weeks that I get them) and then went to Shore Leave 33 last weekend.

To respond about episode 3 (and preemptive about 4) - the person who actually is the tech guru for us lives in Scotland, and is on holiday. I just don't have the tech know-how to post on YouTube, so as soon as he is back they will be posted. I truly apologize for this, but it is the price we sometimes pay for fans doing things for fans.

As to iTunes, not only do I hear you, I agree! I want it there too so I can keep a file on my iPod for it. Our tech guy was also working on that. All I can say is please, and I implore you I am being very sincere, PLEASE be patient. This is a new world for me and I really am trying to give you all the best choices to join us.

For those interested (when we do get the show libraries updated) this week we discussed:
  • Shore Leave 33 - what I had done there to that point and what authors I had talked with
  • Discussion of Kirsten Beyer’s “Bring Back Janeway” panel
  • Message board etiquette
  • What exactly is canon for Star Trek?

Again, we at the G and T Show are working to resolve these issues so many more of you can enjoy (I hope!) our show.

Oh...in upcoming weeks we will air the interview I did with Kirsten Beyer, audio of Ms. Beyer's "Bring Back Janeway" panel and the audio of a panel with Dayton ward, Kevin Dillmore, Marco Palmieri and David Mack about Star Trek Vanguard.

Thank you all for your input/feedback and suggestions.

All the best,
Nick

P.S. - Shameless plug whore here, if you are interested, we have a Facebook page (Sunday G and T Show), a Twitter feed (@SundayGandT) and you can email us at: sundaygant@yahoo.com

Ok, self-promotion over.
Old July 13 2011, 04:50 AM   #39
KQuita
Lieutenant

Nick, Thanks for the follow up. Glad you were able to have a good time with your kids. Life is to short and they grow up so fast. And from all reports Shoreleave was a resounding success. I look forward to the upgrades. Bob
Old July 13 2011, 11:57 AM   #40
Technobuilder
Commodore

No worries mate, family first.

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm eager to hear about Shore Leave (as I NEVER get to go) so thanks for that. Yea! Marco!
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old July 14 2011, 03:37 PM   #41
Nick M
Lieutenant

Jolan Tru,

I have an update for you...

I am very proud to announce a new website for The G and T Show! We will have show updates, information and all the good stuff you would need for your G and T Show fix.
We are still working the iTunes issue, again, I beg your indulgence as our "real jobs" and other everyday things limit the time to work these issues.

Also, the episodes on the web page are listed as Epsides 2 and 3...that is a typo, it is actually Episodes 3 and 4. So the two-parter you see listed is last week's (Episode 4) where we discuss my Shore Leave experience.

The website for our show is: http://www.gandtshow.com/

Thanks all, I will update when we have the iTunes/MP3 issue done.

All the best,
Nick

Last edited by Nick M; July 14 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old July 15 2011, 12:30 AM   #42
Nick M
Lieutenant

G and T Show NOW on iTunes!!!

Jolan Tru!

Well, big news!!! We are on iTunes!!! SO far only episodes 3 and 4 are up (and they are mislabeled, ep. 2 is ep 3 and ep. 3 is ep. 4 LOL) for you to download!

If you search for G and T Show and then look at the podcasts you will find it. I hope you enjoy and will subscribe!!!

Thank you all for the support and look forward to you joining us for for a future shows!!!

All the best,
Nick
Old July 15 2011, 06:17 AM   #43
Technobuilder
Commodore

Re: G and T Show NOW on iTunes!!!

This is great! I didn't realize that you also had the entire BBJ panel on the website.

I wished they'd been better about repeating questions from the audience, but that's not an issue with you guys, that's just a con/panel nitpick in general.

Looking forward to the other panels after I finish these.
Old July 15 2011, 03:53 PM   #44
Nick M
Lieutenant

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
This is great! I didn't realize that you also had the entire BBJ panel on the website.

I wished they'd been better about repeating questions from the audience, but that's not an issue with you guys, that's just a con/panel nitpick in general.

Looking forward to the other panels after I finish these.
Thank you! We will be putting the Star Trek Vanguard panel audio up soon as well. We also will be airing, I believe the Aug. 7 episode, my one-on-one interview with Kirsten Beyer. She is a facinating (no pun intended) and really wonderful lady.

I do apologize about the questions being hard to hear, I recorded this with my digital recorder. As I save money I will invest in other equipment so when I go to conventions and such you will get far better quality.

Thanks for listening, and help spread the G and T Show virus to your friends!
Old July 15 2011, 11:38 PM   #45
Technobuilder
Commodore

I knew of Kirsten Beyer from Full Circle and Unworthy, but I didn't really have any idea how great she was till I heard her on another podcast a few months back.

She was engaging to listen to and so personable. Better than the host in many ways.

Glad to know there's another interview with her to look forward to. She's got a great voice for these sorts of things.