Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 3 2011, 09:29 PM   #1126
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Have you guys seen some of the crazy stuff that has come from from combining pistons and redstone? They have pretty much invented giant punchcard readers using glass and wool.

The PBM Array
And here's a slightly practical application for it

I must build one! I have no idea why, but I want one!
Old July 3 2011, 11:28 PM   #1127
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

That's pretty crazy, Ben. It's essentially an engine at this point. Would be interesting if you could vary the speed.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2011, 11:29 PM   #1128
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

Holy shit. I never cease to be amazed by the things people make in Minecraft. I haven't even made a piston yet...
Old July 4 2011, 11:18 AM   #1129
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Is it possible for a piston to push down?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2011, 11:29 AM   #1130
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

SilentP wrote: View Post
You know I just had to go check, and yes it can as long as you can get underneath to place it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2011, 11:35 AM   #1131
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Cutter John wrote: View Post
SilentP wrote: View Post
You know I just had to go check, and yes it can as long as you can get underneath to place it.
Then I may have a crazy idea for a walker....
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2011, 03:07 PM   #1132
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Well I am on the server, tonight I will make my homestead look a lot better, right now it a place of safety, but ugly as sin.
Old July 5 2011, 03:16 PM   #1133
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

Welcome aboard!
Old July 5 2011, 09:14 PM   #1134
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Man, Silent, if you manage that, you have to show us a video of it in action.

And DH, I look forward to seeing what you'll be doing with your islands
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2011, 12:40 AM   #1135
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Uh oh. Notch is teasing us with 1.8 again.

http://notch.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure I understand the whole 'Creative' or 'Survival' mode thing. Does than mean we can either build stuff, or go exploring, meet NPC's, and fight monsters, but not both at once? I's confused.

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
Well I am on the server, tonight I will make my homestead look a lot better, right now it a place of safety, but ugly as sin.
Yay, fresh mea...errr....welcome to our world.

If you need anything, feel free to check out the Public Works building in town. Or just ask in chat.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; July 6 2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old July 6 2011, 03:29 AM   #1136
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I'm not sure I understand the whole 'Creative' or 'Survival' mode thing. Does than mean we can either build stuff, or go exploring, meet NPC's, and fight monsters, but not both at once? I's confused.
I'm not sure, but I think he means that there will be a new mode that acts like the old creative mode, but updated to include all the current blocks and features, so you can just build stuff without having to mine or craft.

The logo for the adventure update looks cool, and it seems like it's going to be the biggest single update so far. Jeb also mentioned on his twitter today that they plan to increase the size of biomes. The problem is that it's going to replace the current biome data so already existing areas are likely to undergo extreme climate change. It will be fairly annoying if my town turns from a temperate zone into a snow biome, especially since the ice will make my three docks in the area useless. Still, that's a price I'm willing to pay for bigger biomes.
Old July 6 2011, 04:10 AM   #1137
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Hopefully it'll work like Tallgrass and only effect new worlds and unexplored chunks.

Cuz I would be seriously pissed if my treehouse were to suddenly rez in the middle of a desert.
Old July 6 2011, 02:11 PM   #1138
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
Yay, fresh mea...errr....welcome to our world.

If you need anything, feel free to check out the Public Works building in town. Or just ask in chat.
Thanks, Smooth has showed me around the server, and now am building out near Smooth's place, built a bridge to my place, interconnected to my ugly homestead (Which will be torn down soon, will make that small island into a garden or something. and started a cliff-side house. also have tons of unclaimed land to play with

Actually the bridge-works is large for a few hours of work. But now I need to get back mining as I low on material.
Old July 6 2011, 02:50 PM   #1139
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Hopefully it'll work like Tallgrass and only effect new worlds and unexplored chunks.

Cuz I would be seriously pissed if my treehouse were to suddenly rez in the middle of a desert.
It wouldn't replace the dirt blocks with sand, but you could find yourself in a situation where all the grass in the area would turn brownish and it would never rain. In fact, it could change the area around your home area into a mushroom biome and turn the grass purple for all we know.
Old July 6 2011, 03:49 PM   #1140
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

TheGodBen wrote: View Post

It wouldn't replace the dirt blocks with sand, but you could find yourself in a situation where all the grass in the area would turn brownish and it would never rain. In fact, it could change the area around your home area into a mushroom biome and turn the grass purple for all we know.
So suddenly, your place goes from nice woods to Morrowind