RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,880
Posts: 5,222,180
Members: 24,231
Currently online: 713
Newest member: Rhonson

TrekToday headlines

Takei To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Yelchin In New Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

U.S. Rights For Pegg Comedy Secured
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How would you grade Green Lantern?
A+ 5 3.52%
A 7 4.93%
A- 11 7.75%
B+ 20 14.08%
B 18 12.68%
B- 23 16.20%
C+ 10 7.04%
C 15 10.56%
C- 13 9.15%
D+ 4 2.82%
D 3 2.11%
D- 3 2.11%
F 10 7.04%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 27 2011, 02:50 AM   #346
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

They're never going to give up.

They'll just keep making bad movies.

No one can stop them.

We're doomed.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 03:01 AM   #347
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
You're babbling. And you're not making much sense... You're trying to somehow fit TV continuity into the Comic Book continuity... as if they aren't two separate properties that share ideas...

...so, I'll let you go on with your madness...
I'm making perfect sense.

Now before I checked my spelling for the third time, that was a mess.

All I wanted to fuss over was if one throwaway line, meant that half way across the country Superman was having his origin as well in the TV-Flash Universe?

There was mention of a Museum Curator named Carter Hall in the second episode, which meant that Hawkman was swooping about somewhere in the TV-Flash Universe.
No. It just meant that there was a guy named Carter Hall who shares the name of a comic book character. It's called a NOD to the fans.


You've never had a fangasm?
I appreciate nods. But they aren't all that important unless you ACTUALLY see something that confirms that nod.

A fangasm? No. I really haven't. But, then, maybe I don't know what a fangasm means. I like this stuff. But, I'm not an obsessive fan that needs everything to connect and over lap. I appreciate the thing that in front of me (or not) and take it on it's own terms.



And the only reason I mentioned that is because such a melting pot would have been fabulous in this Green Lantern movie too, perhaps if Carol talked about how Wayne Industries or Lex Corp tried to cockblock her in a deal last month?

Criss cross.
Yeah, you don't want to criss cross the streams.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 03:04 AM   #348
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend
 
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They're never going to give up.

They'll just keep making bad movies.
There's a whole town devoting most of its resources to exactly that - it's called "Hollywood."

Heard of it?
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 03:58 AM   #349
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
"Green Lantern 2" is still on track despite the "soft" box office.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...till-on-track/
We all know how WB allegedly kept the Superman Returns talk alive as well in the face of reality.

This is talk. It fell hard. Over at BOM I had it for a 67.8% drop and wasn't far off.

If GL ever sees another movie anytime soon it'll be ala reboot like Hulk or Daredevil.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 04:03 AM   #350
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

I don't buy that nonsense yet. DC Ent committed a great deal to this project, we know some significant work on a treatment and script has been going on since last year. This could be just talk but we've seen sequels green lit over the course of time...Craig I'm surprised with your view on this...remember the Narnia thread? We waited almost three months or so before Magician's Nephew was green lit.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 04:37 AM   #351
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend
 
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

AICN and most of the comic sites have picked this story up from THR in a matter of hours. Guess it's a man-bites-dog kind of thing.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 04:50 AM   #352
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I don't buy that nonsense yet. DC Ent committed a great deal to this project, we know some significant work on a treatment and script has been going on since last year. This could be just talk but we've seen sequels green lit over the course of time...Craig I'm surprised with your view on this...remember the Narnia thread? We waited almost three months or so before Magician's Nephew was green lit.
I think two things will more or less decide whether or not GL gets a sequel.

1. It's own box office/dvd take, obviously.
2. How the rest of the comic book movies do. If there's a drop off all summer from Comic Book movies--which it sorta looks like there is, then that might make WBs think perhaps the market is changing what they want.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 05:20 AM   #353
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Thank you for your good humour Prof Zoom.

Moving on...

Well what I am watching now is telling me that Alan Scott is being played by Eric Stoltz which isn't an impossible casting, but it's happening and happened.

Leverage season four episode one.

"Fangasm"
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 05:51 AM   #354
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Jetfire wrote: View Post
if a relationship happens in a film...it needs to happen naturally and not forced...which is how most Hollywood relations happen(Forced).
And so a gay Green Lantern would automatically be "forced"? Non sequitur. Sometimes screenwriters dramatically alter/reinvent source material. Troy, anyone? Or wait - does the Green Lantern franchise have a ghost that haunts screenwriters' dreams and make them wake up to the sound of screaming lemurs if they consider introducing gay themes?


Jetfire wrote: View Post
"Lesbian" doesn't mean "butch, "Lipstick" or "whatever" it is two gender female falling in love...
Sometimes. Sometimes it's just sex.


Jetfire wrote: View Post
it is two gender female falling in love...not for exploitative reasons...but love...like real life...
Sorry, I thought we were talking about Green Lantern here. This thread is about "real life" now? Huh. I wonder what sort of shampoo Hal Jordan generally buys? A specific brand, whatever's on sale, or something random? Does he floss before or after brushing his teeth? Does he like eggplant? This is real life, dammit! We need answers!


Dennis wrote: View Post
Fuck, Warners doesn't even know what to do with Wonder Woman, much less inventing new female characters that teen boys won't buy into as action heroes.
Well, they tried to launch a show about her as a straight woman... that creative risk really paid off, didn't it?
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 05:55 AM   #355
Jetfire
Guest
 
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Gaith wrote: View Post
Jetfire wrote: View Post
if a relationship happens in a film...it needs to happen naturally and not forced...which is how most Hollywood relations happen(Forced).
And so a gay Green Lantern would automatically be "forced"? Non sequitur. Sometimes screenwriters dramatically alter/reinvent source material. Troy, anyone? Or wait - does the Green Lantern franchise have a ghost that haunts screenwriters' dreams and make them wake up to the sound of screaming lemurs if they consider introducing gay themes?
What?

Jetfire wrote: View Post
"Lesbian" doesn't mean "butch, "Lipstick" or "whatever" it is two gender female falling in love...
Sometimes. Sometimes it's just sex.
Again...

Jetfire wrote: View Post
it is two gender female falling in love...not for exploitative reasons...but love...like real life...
Sorry, I thought we were talking about Green Lantern here. This thread is about "real life" now? Huh. I wonder what sort of shampoo Hal Jordan generally buys? A specific brand, whatever's on sale, or something random? Does he floss before or after brushing his teeth? Does he like eggplant? This is real life, dammit! We need answers!
You keep changing things. Why don't you say what you really mean.

Dennis wrote: View Post
Fuck, Warners doesn't even know what to do with Wonder Woman, much less inventing new female characters that teen boys won't buy into as action heroes.
Well, they tried to launch a show about her as a straight woman... that creative risk really paid off, didn't it?
Nice try.
  Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 06:10 AM   #356
Nowhere Man
Commodore
 
Location: Nowhere Land
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

I imagine GL. uses Irish Spring.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 06:25 AM   #357
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
A fangasm? No. I really haven't. But, then, maybe I don't know what a fangasm means. I like this stuff. But, I'm not an obsessive fan that needs everything to connect and over lap. I appreciate the thing that in front of me (or not) and take it on it's own terms.

Fangasim


Fangasim II
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 06:32 AM   #358
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
A fangasm? No. I really haven't. But, then, maybe I don't know what a fangasm means. I like this stuff. But, I'm not an obsessive fan that needs everything to connect and over lap. I appreciate the thing that in front of me (or not) and take it on it's own terms.

Fangasim

Oh. God. He screamed, "fly like the wind" in that video. I didn't realize such... fans existed. I mean, I've gone to a con or two.. but... I've never talked to them... I just...

And over SMALLVILLE?! Jesus. Some people need to get out of the basement.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 07:15 AM   #359
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

That video is a more extreme example of a fangasm.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2011, 07:18 AM   #360
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger
 
OdoWanKenobi's Avatar
 
Location: Mogo
Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Wait....what the hell is this thread about, now?
__________________
"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light!"
OdoWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
comic books, dc comics, green lantern, movie, ryan reynolds

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.