TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 8 2011, 03:05 AM   #256
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

Re: Mass Effect 3

Thanks!
Old June 8 2011, 01:00 PM   #257
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Cheers, awesome videos
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 01:57 PM   #258
Jax
Admiral

Looks amazing in that video but hope they lock the frame rate down more, it was so much better in ME2 and being very dodgy in ME 1.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 02:54 PM   #259
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I'm sure there's plenty of time to optimise and work out most of the bugs between now and when it's released. I'm pretty sure at this point it'd still be in alpha.

In other news the details for the collector's edition have been released. Looks like they're stealing ideas from the Dragon Age team as there's going to be a robo-mabari companion. I think it's just for the Normandy though, not an in-game combat thing. I do wonder about the extra character & mission bit though. Probably similar to Zaeed in ME2 so probably not worth getting excited about. One assumes everything DLC-wise save perhaps the N7 weapons will be in a not so fancy digital deluxe download package like with ME2, though they probably won't say so until they've secured a fair number of hardcore gamer pre-orders.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 03:42 PM   #260
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Reverend wrote: View Post
I'm sure there's plenty of time to optimise and work out most of the bugs between now and when it's released. I'm pretty sure at this point it'd still be in alpha.

In other news the details for the collector's edition have been released. Looks like they're stealing ideas from the Dragon Age team as there's going to be a robo-mabari companion. I think it's just for the Normandy though, not an in-game combat thing. I do wonder about the extra character & mission bit though. Probably similar to Zaeed in ME2 so probably not worth getting excited about. One assumes everything DLC-wise save perhaps the N7 weapons will be in a not so fancy digital deluxe download package like with ME2, though they probably won't say so until they've secured a fair number of hardcore gamer pre-orders.
I heard the N7 weapons are in the Digital Deluxe pack. The DLC mission and the physical stuff aren't included.
Old June 8 2011, 03:49 PM   #261
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

I own Mass Effect 1 and 2, but have not gotten around to playing them...

I really need to play it though a few times.
Old June 8 2011, 05:45 PM   #262
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Yes you do. Indeed, since B5 is so fresh in your mind I think you'll find it resonating rather strongly as ME has quite a noticeable B5 vibe to it.

Last edited by Reverend; June 8 2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old June 8 2011, 07:33 PM   #263
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

^ Definitely can agree to that, I played the ME1 sometime soon after watching a lot of B5, very very strong vibe. Not just in the universe's broad stroke set up, but things like the feel of inter-species interaction and even similar music cues in some instances
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 10:55 PM   #264
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Some pics of weapon customization and the squad menu from a Gamespot demo.
Old June 8 2011, 11:22 PM   #265
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Is it just me or have they changed Liara's face again? I thought she looked better in LotSB somehow.
Old June 9 2011, 07:51 PM   #266
Reverend
Rear Admiral

...and here's the full demo footage complete with weapon modding and levelling up powers.

I really like how they've improved the weapon sound effects. There's a lot more snap as well as plenty of low end now.

Old June 9 2011, 08:24 PM   #267
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Reverend wrote: View Post
^Yes you do. Indeed, since B5 is so fresh in your mind I think you'll find it resonating rather strongly as ME has quite a noticeable B5 vibe to it.
SilentP wrote: View Post
^ Definitely can agree to that, I played the ME1 sometime soon after watching a lot of B5, very very strong vibe. Not just in the universe's broad stroke set up, but things like the feel of inter-species interaction and even similar music cues in some instances
I can see some of it, as a while back I played Mass Effect 1 up to the point where you get the Normandy. I might start Mass Effect this weekend when I have more time.
Old June 9 2011, 08:45 PM   #268
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

So did they cut out dialogue choices entirely, or just for the demo?
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2011, 09:32 PM   #269
Blamo
Fleet Captain

They were focusing more on the new combat mechanics and the increased RPG customisation. From what's been said (and seen in the Earth invasion demo) the dialogue options are the same as Mass Effect 2, so no need to showcase it.
Blamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 09:58 PM   #270
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

Quoting sidoshi over at NeoGAF:
I looked around and couldn't see this mentioned, so kill me if it was.

Today on Twitter, David Silverman (marketing director at BioWare) said these things:

Quote:
"@SilentKittyK the CE of #ME3 has both #FemShep and male Shepard on the box."

"@ChrisCrowdly there will be a #FemShep trailer. We actually had a meeting on her yesterday. We are working on the look now."
YES.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote