RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,953
Posts: 5,390,910
Members: 24,722
Currently online: 555
Newest member: Jadakiss

TrekToday headlines

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Free Star Trek Trexels Game
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 6 2011, 07:55 PM   #46
Shatnertage
Rear Admiral
 
Shatnertage's Avatar
 
Location: Ward Fowler's gofer.
View Shatnertage's Twitter Profile
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

I'm detecting an incredible amount of wrongness.
__________________
I don't say 'sabotage.' You say 'sabotage.' I say 'sabataage."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
Shatnertage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:00 PM   #47
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

Shatnertage wrote: View Post
I'm detecting an incredible amount of wrongness.


I take these sorts of things way more personal than I should.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:01 PM   #48
Yevetha
Commodore
 
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

froot wrote: View Post
You hope a female is asexual because you don't like the way she looks? If she's not pretty enough for sex in your mind, she isn't fit to be having sex with anyone? Because looks are the only thing that matters?

I hope you don't think that about real human beings. That's just... incredibly wrong. I hope it's just a joke.

EDIT: Guy has a point about the boobies.

She can have sex and romance all she wants outside of caracter in her private life.

"Because looks are the only thing that matters?"
I am talking just onscreen here.

Its not just looks, also demeneaor. Janeway is as cold as Tuvok.
Yevetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:05 PM   #49
HoneyBLilly
Commodore
 
HoneyBLilly's Avatar
 
Location: Tumblr Gardens
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

Yevetha wrote: View Post
She can have sex and romance all she wants outside of caracter in her private life.

"Because looks are the only thing that matters?"
I am talking just onscreen here.

Its not just looks, also demeneaor. Janeway is as cold as Tuvok.
So because she's not Jeri Ryan she's not allowed to have a life on camera?

And did you ever watch the series?

Janeway was not cold. You must be mistaken with Seven of Nine, because Janeway felt emotions from "Caretaker" to "Endgame"

ETA: And Tuvok was very emotional for a full Vulcan.
__________________
HoneyBLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:06 PM   #50
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

^ I just meant other people in general.

And oh. Still kind of a weird argument, since Tuvok had several kids and a wife.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:11 PM   #51
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

froot wrote: View Post
^ I just meant other people in general.

And oh. Still kind of a weird argument, since Tuvok had several kids and a wife.
From the touch on Janeway's shoulder in "Twisted", to the hug in "YOH" to his comfort speech in "Once Upon a Time", Tuvok has shown to be far from cold.


Yevetha wrote: View Post


I dont know, still to much junk in the trunk.
Among many of my race and culture, this is considered a compliment.
It's also what made Jennifer Lopez a super star.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 08:54 PM   #52
Shatnertage
Rear Admiral
 
Shatnertage's Avatar
 
Location: Ward Fowler's gofer.
View Shatnertage's Twitter Profile
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

froot wrote: View Post
Shatnertage wrote: View Post
I'm detecting an incredible amount of wrongness.


I take these sorts of things way more personal than I should.
No, we should all take them personally. It's not really a defensible statement or attitude, and it doesn't show a lot of maturity.

Yevetha, by saying "She can have sex and romance all she wants outside of caracter in her private life," do you mean the character of Janeway or the actress Kate Mulgrew? Either way, you're not making a lot of sense. We've seen Janeway be romantic onscreen already, and Kate Mulgrew has been married and, I believe, has kids. And obviously she's not looking to you for permission on how to conduct herself.
__________________
I don't say 'sabotage.' You say 'sabotage.' I say 'sabataage."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
Shatnertage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2011, 07:27 PM   #53
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Why did Janeway have such bad taste in men...

Janeway had sex once in Seven years by herself aided by a holographic muppet.

She either didn't need sex or didn't like sex or was pissed at Mark.

Judging her by her actions alone...

Kathryn Janeway is a surgically altered Vulcan sleeper agent spy waiting for the balloon to go up.

Considering the shit Tuvok got away with and shit Tuvok let Janeway get away with, it's far more likely that he is her handler than that he is her friend who respects who entirely no matter her mad choices.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
janeway

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.