Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 24 2011, 02:47 PM   #916
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

* Fixed minecarts next to each other causing extreme velocities (sorry!)
Oh, I just have to go to the Minecraft forums to witness the reaction to this.

Still no fixes for beds makes me a sad panda. I just want to be able to sleep without the fear of randomly being molested in the night.
Old May 24 2011, 07:22 PM   #917
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Well, I sure hope my wooden house doesn't end up in flames after all that hard work I put into it.... Although that only says something about the stair blocks, and not half-blocks. Might have to put down some stone blocks too though.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2011, 08:01 PM   #918
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Maybe I'll test the wooden half-blocks tonight and see if they are flammable.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2011, 08:27 PM   #919
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

And see the map in action here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTxrG...layer_embedded

Not really upset by the loss of the old booster cart system. Always seemed big and unweildly to me. Though I suspect it'll screw up a lot of peoples carefully planned out rail systems. At this point though is there really any need for keeping powered carts in the game?

And yay or hatches! No more worrying about falling down holes.

I hope we'll eventually get growable flowers to go with the shrooms.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2011, 10:05 PM   #920
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Thought I'd just share what me and my buddies are doing.

Yeah. We've placed every single one of those by hand. And we're not nearly done yet.

Also when we where doing a survival kind of thing I put on some armor for the first time in a while.

I don't think Prime is amused.

EDIT; okay so I just read trough the "fix list". The thing about the grass and the foliage at the end, does that mean I won't be able to keep my nice lush colors?

Last edited by Emher; May 25 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2011, 11:35 PM   #921
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Nice arena, Emher. Robert will have Arena envy though. He built one on his multiplayer server right next to my house, but yours blows it out of the water in terms of detail! How big is it?
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2011, 11:37 PM   #922
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yeah, that arena is way bigger than mine, but then I wasn't trying to make a regulation football stadium.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Old May 26 2011, 12:38 AM   #923
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Yes... but now what are you going to do with your giant stadium? Creeper football?
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2011, 05:22 AM   #924
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I'm telling you guys. We need to start Spleef matches.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spleef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ayha6B79dA
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old May 26 2011, 07:25 AM   #925
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Nice arena, Emher. Robert will have Arena envy though. He built one on his multiplayer server right next to my house, but yours blows it out of the water in terms of detail! How big is it?
Thanks! We're Five guys building it, four regularly, so when we all work together it goes pretty quick.

The field itself is as close to 1:1 we can get, where one block = one meter. The arena around is just how we think it should look. We'll do a vid of it and upload to youtube when we're done with it.
itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
Yes... but now what are you going to do with your giant stadium? Creeper football?
Well, animals keep spawning on the field, can probably use that for something
Old May 26 2011, 11:03 AM   #926
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Thats a sweet arena Emher!

Well 1.6 hit the streets this morning. So goodbye multiplayer for awhile. It also means I gotta reinstall all my textures.

Only played around with it for a few minutes. But I like the animation for the map. You can pan the camera down to look at it, or pan up to see where you're going. Thats a feature you don't see in a lot of fancier games.
Old May 26 2011, 01:38 PM   #927
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

I haven't updated yet. I'm hoping by the time I get home there's a new CraftBukkit.
Old May 26 2011, 03:17 PM   #928
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I wouldn't count on it. There have already been 3 bug patches and people are still reporting major inventory bugs, so we could reach beta 1.6.4/5 before today is out.

Edit: Yup, we're up to 1.6.4!
Old May 26 2011, 03:44 PM   #929
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

I love how this release was supposed to be all about fixing bugs and it is apparently worse than the 1.5 rollout.
Old May 26 2011, 06:23 PM   #930
judge alba
senior street judge

so this update will it knacker the texture pack i'ver downloaded. i'm not using the defualt one and if so will the game automatically go to the default or main one?
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote