The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Finale"
SUPERMAN (Excellent) 35 33.02%
The Blur (Above Average) 24 22.64%
CLARK KENT (Average) 22 20.75%
Kal-El (Below Average) 12 11.32%
BIZARRO (Poor) 13 12.26%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 18 2011, 09:44 PM   #856
Checkmate
Commodore

Re: Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Checkmate wrote: View Post
We didn't even get to hear the name of Superman in the end.
As I pointed out earlier, yes, we did.
If it needs to be pointed out, no, we didn't.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2011, 09:47 PM   #857
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Your comment doesn't even make sense here.

For all the faults of the finale, and there are many, one that isn't is that Chloe called him "Superman" quite clearly towards the end.
Old May 18 2011, 10:59 PM   #858
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

I heard it. I know I did.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 12:06 AM   #859
Checkmate
Commodore

Let me clear it up for you then. A hushed whisper to her son about a comic book character doesn't count as calling Clark Kent "Superman." Especially when he wasn't even in the scene.
Old May 19 2011, 12:27 AM   #860
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It was seven years later!

We have no proof that the name "Superman" wasn't adopted weeks, months or years after the conclusion of "Finale" since it would have taken forever to funnel the Blur's celebrity into this new persona.

Besides, wouldn't the name be soiled a little after "Superboy's" rampage back in the season one or two?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 12:31 AM   #861
Nowhere Man
Commodore

Hilbilly Rage wrote: View Post
^ That is a little unfair in QL case considering the show was canceled. The last episode wasn't intended to be the series finale, iirc.
Perhaps, but my point still remains. I think with QL they had enough of a warning to at least bring Sam home.
I was under the impression that they didn't. The episode was already finished when they learned of the cancellation. However, they did have enough time to slap a title graphic on at the end saying that Sam never made it home.
Even if they would have changed it to "Sam eventually made it back home." I would have been happy. The whole entire run of the show we heard that Sam was hoping that his next leap would be the leap home, then they say he didn't do that, it broke my heart. I was really disapointed. TATVS takes the cake for me though. I can forgive all of the other shitty endings, but TATVS I can't forgive.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 12:47 AM   #862
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Let me clear it up for you then. A hushed whisper to her son about a comic book character doesn't count as calling Clark Kent "Superman." Especially when he wasn't even in the scene.
Which wasn't your original complaint. You said that the name of "Superman" wasn't said at all in the episode. I called you on that claim and proved it was. You misrepresented your point when first posting it. It wasn't so much that they didn't say "Superman", but that they didn't do it the way you wanted it.

Hilbilly Rage wrote: View Post
Even if they would have changed it to "Sam eventually made it back home." I would have been happy. The whole entire run of the show we heard that Sam was hoping that his next leap would be the leap home, then they say he didn't do that, it broke my heart. I was really disapointed. TATVS takes the cake for me though. I can forgive all of the other shitty endings, but TATVS I can't forgive.
I see what you mean. I understand you can be disappointed if you were hoping he'd get home in the end. I kind of like it, though, that Sam was still out there helping people.

TATV is...it's not a bad episode in itself. Just a terrible series finale. I appreciate what Berman and Co. were trying to do; it just didn't work.
Old May 19 2011, 01:24 AM   #863
Jetfire

Since the hiatus thread is gone...I will post this here...some of you might be interested.

TVShowsOnDVD revealed today that the 2006 Aquaman TV pilot from Smallville creators Alfred Gough & Miles Millar and starring Justin Hartley will be on the complete-series Smallville DVD set, due out later this year.
http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

And if you didn't know what the box-set included before...
TV Guide posted some very cool news this morning - that we will be getting a massive 62-disc Smallville Complete Series DVD set this Fall!

The set will have some new special features, including a 90-minute series retrospective with new interviews; a commemorative issue of the Daily Planet; a video of the 2010 Comic-Con panel; an episode guide with production art and behind the scenes photos; and finally, the previously unseen Superboy series pilot from 1961!
Old May 19 2011, 08:26 AM   #864
Checkmate
Commodore

Which wasn't your original complaint. You said that the name of "Superman" wasn't said at all in the episode. I called you on that claim and proved it was. You misrepresented your point when first posting it. It wasn't so much that they didn't say "Superman", but that they didn't do it the way you wanted it.
It's not my fault you chose to play ignorant by ignoring the context of what I said. It's amazing how often that happens when people are trying to defend some shitty show or movie on the Internet. it's particularly amusing when people do it while trying to portray themselves as being incredibly intelligent and clever, too.
Old May 19 2011, 01:04 PM   #865
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Thats all good Jetfire but even the massive box set wont come with a pic of Tom in suit.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 01:17 PM   #866
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

^I have to say that was the one thing I really wanted to see. A full body shot of Welling in the suit.
Old May 19 2011, 02:14 PM   #867
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Remember midnight Jan first 1980 in the last episode of that 70s show?

No you don't.

Nobody does,

Because the show finished at 11.59.59 December 31st 1979.

And it was pretty cool too.

They're about to start jumping up and down, and kissing and hugging when the screen goes black.

It's about the journey not the destination.

It would have been wrong for them to give us Superman.

Bastards.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 03:02 PM   #868
Servo
Rear Admiral

It's not my fault you chose to play ignorant by ignoring the context of what I said. It's amazing how often that happens when people are trying to defend some shitty show or movie on the Internet. it's particularly amusing when people do it while trying to portray themselves as being incredibly intelligent and clever, too.
You mean like you're doing? Get off your high horse, kid. You changed the context of what you said, it's there in plain text. You said we never heard the name "Superman" at all, then when you were told we did, you moved the goalposts and started moaning about context.

Last edited by Servo; May 19 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Typos 'cause I type too fast.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2011, 03:18 PM   #869
Electric Coleslaw
Rear Admiral

I wish they would have said the word, "Superman" a little louder. I had to look up the image on the internet to figure out who that guy in the blue suit, red cape and the big S on his chest was!
I love these people here nitpicking about stupid crap. If you didn't like the show, you probably didn't like the finale. Is there anyone who has hated a show but loved the finale? Anyone?
Old May 19 2011, 03:38 PM   #870
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

I've always been pretty lukewarm on the show and the finale was just slightly warmer. But man is there a full moon out or something? What is with all the menstruating? Or shall I say, man-struating going on?

The show is over, the word "Superman" was indeed said. And really, who the fuck cares? Get over it.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote