Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 14 2011, 07:32 AM   #31
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: ENTER: TV & Media Avatar Contest | "Life After Star Trek"

when was thomas dekker in Trek?
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2011, 07:36 AM   #32
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

A quick check of IMDB says he was in two episodes of Voyager, and one of the little kids in ST: Generations.

I would never have known that.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2011, 09:45 AM   #33
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

^

Don't feel bad, I looked it up, too, just to be sure.

Old May 14 2011, 04:20 PM   #34
captcalhoun
Admiral

oh, he was Lord Burleigh's son...

i suddeny decided to check my encyclopaedia at lunchtime (PC was off) and saw he was one of Picard's kids in GEN.
Old May 14 2011, 08:59 PM   #35
Aragorn
Admiral

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 12:14 AM   #36
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

auntiehill wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
I like the flamingo.
Me too!

How many times can I vote for this?
Well.... there are 7 images, so I think everybody should be allowed to vote 7 times.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 07:23 AM   #37
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Vote!
Old May 15 2011, 07:43 AM   #38
Aragorn
Admiral

Jetfire wrote: View Post
Carpe Occasio wrote: View Post
captcalhoun wrote: View Post
Kai "the spy" wrote: View Post
Showdown wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
iBender wrote: View Post
od0_ital wrote: View Post
Hmmmm.... I would've thought something Trek-centric would've gotten more entries. Poll goes up Monday.
Old May 15 2011, 11:46 AM   #39
od0_ital
Admiral

^

Well, if ya think about it, most of the main TOS cast didn't do much actin' after the sixth movie. With TNG, Jonathan Frakes switched over to direct more than act, as has LeVar Burton, while Gates McFadden has only three or four credits post NEM. Brent Spiner has done a few guest spots here & there, but his ENT appearances happen after NEM, puttin' the possible entries for him back another year or so. And his best non-Trek role will always be Bob Wheeler on Night Court. DS9's cast skewed older, and Brooks, Visitor & Auberjonois mostly stick to stage productions, it seems, though I will admit I'm surprised no one went with Kasidy Yates from 24 or even Bashir from Syriana. And from VOY's cast, Dawson & McNeil direct more than act these days, and Robert Picardo's best roles were pre-VOY, not post (thought Woolsey on SGA could work). And while Bakula will always be awesome, in my book, for Quantum Leap, I'd say Trinneer has been the most prolific since the series ended, and JiNX has him covered with her entry.
Old May 15 2011, 06:08 PM   #40
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

od0_ital wrote: View Post
^

Well, if ya think about it, most of the main TOS cast didn't do much actin' after the sixth movie. With TNG, Jonathan Frakes switched over to direct more than act, as has LeVar Burton, while Gates McFadden has only three or four credits post NEM. Brent Spiner has done a few guest spots here & there, but his ENT appearances happen after NEM, puttin' the possible entries for him back another year or so. And his best non-Trek role will always be Bob Wheeler on Night Court. DS9's cast skewed older, and Brooks, Visitor & Auberjonois mostly stick to stage productions, it seems, though I will admit I'm surprised no one went with Kasidy Yates from 24 or even Bashir from Syriana. And from VOY's cast, Dawson & McNeil direct more than act these days, and Robert Picardo's best roles were pre-VOY, not post (thought Woolsey on SGA could work). And while Bakula will always be awesome, in my book, for Quantum Leap, I'd say Trinneer has been the most prolific since the series ended, and JiNX has him covered with her entry.
Picardo appeared in a couple of episodes of Castle (season one) and he was also on the Stargate shows.

Dr. Clark Murray (Castle)

if anyone wants to enter this, help yerself!
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 06:27 PM   #41
the G-man
Commodore

Hmmmm.... I would've thought something Trek-centric would've gotten more entries. Poll goes up Monday.
The problem for a lot of us is that so many of the "good" ones aren't really post-Trek using the rules cited. For example, Nimoy has nothing but Fringe post 2009.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 07:04 PM   #42
Aragorn
Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
The problem for a lot of us is that so many of the "good" ones aren't really post-Trek using the rules cited. For example, Nimoy has nothing but Fringe post 2009.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Nimoy acted on Fringe after Star Trek 2009, so that fits the rules exactly. Not sure what the confusion is with the rules -- any acting gig AFTER his or her final performance in an official Star Trek movie or TV show.

And od0, Connor Trinneer's one-episode guest spots on several TV shows is hardly prolific. If you think that's spotlight-worthy, then you should have no issues with Robert Picardo's numerous guest spots (Supernatural, Chuck, Stargate, Justified, Castle, etc.). Hell, he even made a MegaShark movie!

While it's true a lot of actors' careers go to die after Trek, there are plenty of success stories too. Bakula's got a show. Jeri Ryan's on her third as a regular and it looks to be a big hit. Patrick Stewart's an easy one. If you want TOS, Babylon 5 was post-Generations for Walter Koenig.
Old May 15 2011, 07:19 PM   #43
the G-man
Commodore

the G-man wrote: View Post
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Nimoy acted on Fringe after Star Trek 2009, so that fits the rules exactly.
That is exactly my point. The only possible avatar from the second (if not the) most iconic actor in Trek history is a guest spot from one single program. So we can't use, for example, Nimoy's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers film, his beloved guest spot on the Simpsons "monorail" episode or even his work on Mission Impossible.

Similarly, while Shatner has most "post Trek" work, other than Boston Legal it didn't really capture the imagination like, for example, Kingdom of the Spiders, Rocket Man or, of course, TJ Hooker.

You wondered why there weren't more entries. I'm suggesting that the rules cut down on a lot of what people might have been interested in using as avatars.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 07:45 PM   #44
captcalhoun
Admiral

Alexander Siddig also did an episode of Merlin and was recently in Primeval season 4.
Old May 15 2011, 08:15 PM   #45
od0_ital
Admiral

And od0, Connor Trinneer's one-episode guest spots on several TV shows is hardly prolific.
It is for that cast!

What has Anthony Montgomery done? A straight to DVD movie and he was in the teaser of an episode of Boomtown's second season, dead before the credits & it isn't even available on DVD.

Linda Park has had one other regular tv role in a midseason replacement series that was cancelled, and turned up a couple of times, most recently on House where she spent most of the episode layin' in bed.

Dominic Keating had a few episodes of Heroes and did that one commercial where he was a monkey's agent.

Jolene Blalock was in a direct to DVD sequel to Starship Troopers.

John Billingsley has a recurrin' role on True Blood, but he's not in the openin' credits, just the end ones. Not sure if he was even in the third season, though...can't remember.

That leaves Scott Bakula, who was awesome before ENT, and Conner Trinneer, who was an unknown before ENT. So, I'd say Trinneer has made the most of the exposure ENT gave him.

If you think that's spotlight-worthy, then you should have no issues with Robert Picardo's numerous guest spots (Supernatural, Chuck, Stargate, Justified, Castle, etc.). Hell, he even made a MegaShark movie!
Speakin' of, I realize that Woolsey may not even count, since he originated that character on SG-1 while also on VOY.

While it's true a lot of actors' careers go to die after Trek, there are plenty of success stories too. Bakula's got a show. Jeri Ryan's on her third as a regular and it looks to be a big hit. Patrick Stewart's an easy one. If you want TOS, Babylon 5 was post-Generations for Walter Koenig.
Again, Bakula was awesome before ENT, of course he has a show now.

Jeri Ryan has been a regular on at least three shows since VOY ended - Boston Public, Shark and now Body of Proof.

Patrick Stewart is too easy, really...

For those complainin' about not bein' able to use Leonard Nimoy outside of Fringe, he is goin' to be the voice of a Trasnformer in the movie comin' out this summer. Apparently, he's the big one on the moon in the teaser trailer.