RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,711
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 808
Newest member: Robert james

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 10 2011, 01:38 AM   #856
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

I'm still using the cel-shaded pack, myself. It's really grown on me.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2011, 05:07 AM   #857
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Looking good Emher!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2011, 01:24 PM   #858
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I tried out your test track, Cutter. Pretty sweet! I like being able to hit a button and be rocketed from one end of the track to the other, then coming to a full stop when I hit the (un)powered rail at the other end.
My blog
Old May 10 2011, 02:25 PM   #859
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I tried out your test track, Cutter. Pretty sweet! I like being able to hit a button and be rocketed from one end of the track to the other, then coming to a full stop when I hit the (un)powered rail at the other end.
Yeah, I probably overdid the powered rails, tryign to compensate for the lag. Once we build mor elines, I can space them out more.

And I REALLY like the fact that unpowered powered rails act as brakes. It'll make it easier to set up stations along the line. Stop and get off, or hit the button to keep going.

Now we need to decide on a path.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old May 10 2011, 02:33 PM   #860
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

I was thinking a path parallel to the walking path would be nice. Let people hoof it if they want, and have a track for those who don't.
My blog
Old May 10 2011, 02:34 PM   #861
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

So I'm tempted to get back into Minecraft after a long absence, but the texturepack I used to use hasn't been updated since january. Anyone here use something with a similar aesthetic?
Old May 10 2011, 06:07 PM   #862
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Rowan Sjet wrote: View Post
So I'm tempted to get back into Minecraft after a long absence, but the texturepack I used to use hasn't been updated since january. Anyone here use something with a similar aesthetic?
Let me download it and have a look at it after work.

Unless of course someone else does it first.
Old May 10 2011, 06:27 PM   #863
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. It's not nearly done though. We're going to have a lot more buildings and at least one defensive wall.
Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Are you using the rustic texture pack, Emher? I tried it for awhile yesterday. I still prefer my cell-shaded pack though.
I'm using the Painterly pack http://painterlypack.net/
You can choose between loads of alternatives for pretty much everything in the game. I chose the red American earth because it reminds me of the south.

I tried the cel-shade pack and this is how the castle looks in that:

I feel I would love the celshaded pack, if it was just programmed so that surfaces that are adjacent form a uniform whole, so that there's a not very visible edge on every block. if it had that, I'd switch right away.
Old May 10 2011, 06:36 PM   #864
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

I think the grid look is part of the cel-shaded pack's charm.
My blog
Old May 10 2011, 07:10 PM   #865
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

Rowan Sjet wrote: View Post
It doesn't have quite the same gridded look, but it doesn't look that different from Jolicraft, which is what I use.
Old May 10 2011, 08:25 PM   #866
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I think the grid look is part of the cel-shaded pack's charm.

I agree, Robert. To me it makes it feel like a retro gameworld.

Oh and Rowan, I'd say the Cell-shaded pack is pretty close to that. Also looks smoother, I find.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2011, 08:28 PM   #867
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

I'm thinking of making a texture pack but I'm not sure what the theme should be. Future/tech?? I dunno.
My blog
Old May 10 2011, 09:06 PM   #868
Jadzia
on holiday

I'm thinking of making a texture pack but I'm not sure what the theme should be.
What about 32x32 pixel textures, flat shading, rectilinear designs only ~ no approximations of curves, and using a 6-bit RGB colour palette.

Old May 10 2011, 09:11 PM   #869
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

Jadzia wrote: View Post
I'm thinking of making a texture pack but I'm not sure what the theme should be.
What about 32x32 pixel textures, flat shading, rectilinear designs only ~ no approximations of curves, and using a 6-bit RGB colour palette.

So, basically, the game will look like I've been dropping acid?
My blog
Old May 10 2011, 09:17 PM   #870
Jadzia
on holiday

No, you'd have black/dark tiles with neon edges (and detail), so it looks like something out of Tron.